Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,236 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

Can One Wear Skirt With Tunic - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Can One Wear Skirt With Tunic (7573 Views)

Sew An African Blouse And Skirt With Just Your Burst And Hips Measurement . / Ladies Why Do You Wear Mini-skirt If You Dont Feel Comfortable In It? / Women Flared Skirt With Skinny Belt-nyanfu.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can One Wear Skirt With Tunic by sophy09: 5:07pm On Jul 07, 2010
Fashion oriented people in the house, I'll like to know if one can wear skirt (either knee length or long) with tunic.
Re: Can One Wear Skirt With Tunic by Idowuogbo(f): 6:36pm On Jul 07, 2010
darlin i wud rada not , cus u wud b looking like a jehovah witness
tunics are better wiv leggings, crop jeans, skinny jeans , if u a good rocker probs wiv linen trousers(if u wanna luk older and dressy )
Re: Can One Wear Skirt With Tunic by yme1(f): 6:54pm On Jul 07, 2010
^^^^exactly. . .
@post
you can wear them with leggings or just the tunics alone
but if you happen to be heat bullet proof or shy it goes well with a pair of trouser too

Re: Can One Wear Skirt With Tunic by sophy09: 1:04am On Jul 08, 2010
Thanks y'all. Mine is like the last one, i don't feel comfortable wearing skinny jeans or leggings, I thought may be a skirt will look good with it.
Re: Can One Wear Skirt With Tunic by naijadiva2(f): 2:33am On Jul 08, 2010
if its like the last one, u could probably get away with wearing a pencil skirt that stops at the knee if you really want to wear one.
Re: Can One Wear Skirt With Tunic by mohawkchic(f): 3:14am On Jul 12, 2010
Idowuogbo:

darlin i wud rada not , cus u wud b looking like a jehovah witness
tunics are better wiv leggings, crop jeans, skinny jeans , if u a good rocker probs wiv linen trousers(if u wanna luk older and dressy )

~ You had me The thought does have an embarrassing cringe potential!! It works for chics who are going for the Boho-inspired look. . . long gypsy skirts/ tunic.

~I'd agree Tunics look great w/ all the aforementioned! I love to wear mine on its own/with a Skinny belt holding it down/Tights or w/ shorts

~Never really caught on the idea of wearing it w/ a skirt but after doing a quick research,i've learned Tunics have become more multipurpose and versatile than ever before. I found pics showing there are ways one can pull off wearing a skirt with Tunic w/o looking frumpy if one knows the types of Tunics/skirts that work great together.

~At a quick glance, it looks like a dress, but its actually a tunic top worn over a layered skirt she hiked up to look short. (According to her blog)
Re: Can One Wear Skirt With Tunic by mohawkchic(f): 3:27am On Jul 12, 2010
naija_diva:

if its like the last one, u could probably get away with wearing a pencil skirt that stops at the knee if you really want to wear one.

~You're right on w/ pairing Tunic w/knee length Pencil Skirt.  Like you said,she'd prolly get away w/ pairing it w/ the Tunic but  going by the type of tunic she has (The Kurti) Im in doubt! That type of tunic usually looks best w/ trousers/leggings. . .

~Anywho with the variety of  cuts,colours,designs,shapes,prints & different length available out there,she's bound to find something that works for her since she doesn't  particularly want to pair it up with Trousers/Leggings.

~Found this Pic of a Tunic worn w/ Pencil Skirt. . .

Re: Can One Wear Skirt With Tunic by mohawkchic(f): 3:47am On Jul 12, 2010
sophy09:

Thanks y'all. Mine is like the last one, i don't feel comfortable wearing skinny jeans or leggings, I thought may be a skirt will look good with it.

~As your prefrence of pairing is skirt,you shud choose a tunic length that either falls below the waist/mid thigh & avoid above the knee length tunics! Straight seams,Empire waist or Asymmetrical style tunics will work better w/ skirts than Kurti/Kimono tunics. For example:the pic you say is similar to yours is the Indian kurti style tunic.

~I cudnt find any pics of Kurti's worn w/ skirt & the handful i cud find all had different types of tunics!

~Kurti worn w/ shorts

~Feel free to push the envelope a lil bit,try out what works for you. . .

~I personally think silk and chiffon tunics work best paired w/ a Pencil Skirt. You might  want to look into the types of tunic you buy if you only want to pair it w/ Skirt.

[img]http://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/SpiegelBrands/S0754004_8107_001_E?$216x270$[/img]

~Asymmetrical cut Tunics

~Here's hoping the pics have given you a general idea/options of trying out what works for you or experimenting if you like! Check this link  http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/4464/4_ways_to_wear_a_tunic.html
Re: Can One Wear Skirt With Tunic by Idowuogbo(f): 10:56am On Jul 12, 2010
^ girl howdy ?
actually ur research was quite good ,
i tot otherwise d woman wiv d afro worked dat nicely
i like d fact dat she gave d outfit extra volume and jazzed it up wit a statement jewellery . can see my self rocking dat wiv some bangin courts grin grin grin grin
Re: Can One Wear Skirt With Tunic by mamagee3(f): 12:03am On Jul 14, 2010
mohawkchic:

~Here's hoping the pics have given you a general idea/options of trying out what works for you or experimenting if you like! Check this link http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/4464/4_ways_to_wear_a_tunic.html
[/size][/font][/color]

I love this gown. . .

It looks so cute.
Re: Can One Wear Skirt With Tunic by sophy09: 3:13am On Jul 14, 2010
mohawkchic:

~You're right on w/ pairing Tunic w/knee length Pencil Skirt.  Like you said,she'd prolly get away w/ pairing it w/ the Tunic but  going by the type of tunic she has (The Kurti) Im in doubt! That type of tunic usually looks best w/ trousers/leggings. . .

~Anywho with the variety of  cuts,colours,designs,shapes,prints & different length available out there,she's bound to find something that works for her since she doesn't  particularly want to pair it up with Trousers/Leggings.

~Found this Pic of a Tunic worn w/ Pencil Skirt. . .

This was what I had in mind with the green tunic
Re: Can One Wear Skirt With Tunic by mohawkchic(f): 7:21pm On Jul 14, 2010
Idowuogbo:

^ girl howdy ?
actually your research was quite good ,

~Gr8 Ta. Hope you are too!

~Ta. . .

Idowuogbo:

i tot otherwise d woman wiv d afro worked dat nicely
i like d fact dat she gave d outfit extra volume and jazzed it up  wit a statement jewellery .

~I agree,if she hadnt mentioned it was a skirt,i wud have thought it was a dress! Her choice of accessory brought the whole ensemble gr8 together!

Idowuogbo:

can see my self rocking dat wiv some bangin courts grin grin grin grin

~Rock on chic. . .

(1) (Reply)

+18 I'm Considering Shaving My Legs The Way I Shaved My Chest [Picture] / Best Market For First Grade Gbogbo(okrika) In Port Harcourt / Run Way Photos From Valisimo Fashion Show.Enjoy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.