Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

15 Cooking Hacks That Can Make You A Kitchen Star - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 15 Cooking Hacks That Can Make You A Kitchen Star (2021 Views)

Diary Of A Kitchen Lover, Tolani Tours Nigeria With The Morning Fresh Washathon / Simple Kitchen Or Cooking Hacks / Open A Kitchen,bakery Butchery Is A Good Business Check This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Cooking Hacks That Can Make You A Kitchen Star by RoyalBlak007: 8:24pm On Sep 24, 2018
Peel garlic the easy way!

To peel garlic without creating a mess, microwave the whole bulb on high for about 20 seconds. When you take it out, the skin should slide straight off.

https://brightside.me/creativity-cooking/15-cooking-hacks-that-can-make-you-a-kitchen-star-611310/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Cooking Hacks That Can Make You A Kitchen Star by RoyalBlak007: 8:26pm On Sep 24, 2018
The correct way to peel ginger
Using the smooth edges of a spoon is the best way to remove ginger skin.

4 Likes

Re: 15 Cooking Hacks That Can Make You A Kitchen Star by RoyalBlak007: 8:29pm On Sep 24, 2018
Grill your fish atop lemon slices.

Fish tends to stick to the grill and might even break apart when placed on it. To stop this, put the fish on top of lemon slices and grill. The lemon will also add a zesty flavor to the fish.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Cooking Hacks That Can Make You A Kitchen Star by RoyalBlak007: 8:30pm On Sep 24, 2018
How to reheat pizza

Reheating pizza never tastes as yummy as the fresh stuff. But if you do have to reheat it, the best way to do so is by placing a glass of water in the microwave while reheating. This prevents the pizza from drying out.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Cooking Hacks That Can Make You A Kitchen Star by RoyalBlak007: 8:32pm On Sep 24, 2018
Use 2 plates to slice cherry tomatoes in one smooth motion.

If you’re making a salad and need to cut a whole bunch of cherry tomatoes into halves, just trap them between 2 plates and slice through using a knife.

8 Likes

Re: 15 Cooking Hacks That Can Make You A Kitchen Star by RoyalBlak007: 8:33pm On Sep 24, 2018
Freeze the onion before cutting to prevent onion tears.
Freezing the onion retards the release of the tear-causing semi-toxic chemicals.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Cooking Hacks That Can Make You A Kitchen Star by RoyalBlak007: 8:34pm On Sep 24, 2018
Different types of tea should be brewed at different temperatures for different lengths of time.

Re: 15 Cooking Hacks That Can Make You A Kitchen Star by RoyalBlak007: 8:35pm On Sep 24, 2018
Wrap clingfilm around the stalk of a banana to prevent it from over-ripening.

Use a piece of clingfilm the size of your fist to wrap the stalk of a banana tightly. This trick should give you another 3 to 5 days before the bananas get too ripe to be enjoyed.

5 Likes

Re: 15 Cooking Hacks That Can Make You A Kitchen Star by RoyalBlak007: 8:36pm On Sep 24, 2018
Use a cracked eggshell to scoop out small fragments of eggshell.

2 Likes

Re: 15 Cooking Hacks That Can Make You A Kitchen Star by Yusfunoble(m): 8:37pm On Sep 24, 2018
Unfortunately, I won’t remember most of these when I eventually needs them.

Nice one bro

7 Likes

Re: 15 Cooking Hacks That Can Make You A Kitchen Star by RoyalBlak007: 8:37pm On Sep 24, 2018
Use kitchen shears to quickly trim and chop

1 Like

Re: 15 Cooking Hacks That Can Make You A Kitchen Star by RoyalBlak007: 8:39pm On Sep 24, 2018
Use a “sling” to easily remove brownies and bread from the pan.

2 Likes

Re: 15 Cooking Hacks That Can Make You A Kitchen Star by RoyalBlak007: 8:47pm On Sep 24, 2018
If you accidentally overcook your turkey, pour warm chicken broth over it.

The warm chicken broth will make the dry chicken moist.

Re: 15 Cooking Hacks That Can Make You A Kitchen Star by KanielOutis92: 9:21pm On Sep 24, 2018
Oh..wow. Quite informative. We sure do learn everyday..dont we? I mean i didnt know the tearing effect of onion could be prevented by freezing before cutting. Nice one op. Oh..by the way..in the words of Arnold the Terminator, "I Will Be Back"..i mean seeing as this thread will most def make front page..its Royalblack. Get ready Chiko..we bout to go global

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Cooking Hacks That Can Make You A Kitchen Star by Divay22(f): 9:49pm On Sep 24, 2018
RoyalBlak007:
Wrap clingfilm around the stalk of a banana to prevent it from over-ripening.

Use a piece of clingfilm the size of your fist to wrap the stalk of a banana tightly. This trick should give you another 3 to 5 days before the bananas get too ripe to be enjoyed.
To add to this.
Just put the banana or plantain inside water, making sure the water is covering the plantain.

1 Like

Re: 15 Cooking Hacks That Can Make You A Kitchen Star by RoyalBlak007: 9:56pm On Sep 24, 2018
Divay22:

To add to this.
Just put the banana or plantain inside water, making sure the water is covering the plantain.

How long does this prevent the plantain from over-ripening,?
Re: 15 Cooking Hacks That Can Make You A Kitchen Star by Divay22(f): 9:58pm On Sep 24, 2018
RoyalBlak007:

How long does this prevent the plantain from over-ripening,?
At least 5 days.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Cooking Hacks That Can Make You A Kitchen Star by Nobody: 9:48am On Sep 25, 2018
Wow... My own cooking skills na wash for real.

I really appreciate that pizza re-heating technique she, there's no way i'd have thought of that in a million years.
One question tho, OP is there lemon inside that glass of water or it's just water?
Re: 15 Cooking Hacks That Can Make You A Kitchen Star by RoyalBlak007: 3:42pm On Sep 25, 2018
zinnyzee:

I really appreciate that pizza re-heating technique she, there's no way i'd have thought of that in a million years.
One question tho, OP is there lemon inside that glass of water or it's just water?

The lemon is just a design on the glass.
Re: 15 Cooking Hacks That Can Make You A Kitchen Star by Nobody: 9:40am On Sep 26, 2018
Rince strawberries in lukewarm water with a little of vinegar. They can last up to 2weeks.

Throw unpeeled potatoes to over salted food like rice and meat.

Add vinegar before adding chutney when making beetroot. The vinegar rejuvenates the original taste of the beet.

Pour a teaspoon of sugar before adding chicken. No oil or anything. Just semil boil the sugar. This makes the chicken produce water, instead of addin water on the chicken and therefore losing its original taste.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Cooking Hacks That Can Make You A Kitchen Star by Nobody: 9:40am On Sep 26, 2018
zinnyzee:

I hope you dont wash bought vegetables and meat

1 Like

Re: 15 Cooking Hacks That Can Make You A Kitchen Star by Nobody: 11:37am On Sep 26, 2018
jagugu88li:
I hope you dont wash bought vegetables and meat
Why would you hope i don't?

My cooking skills na wash.... I didn't mean wash figuratively, i meant it literally....
Re: 15 Cooking Hacks That Can Make You A Kitchen Star by Nobody: 11:37am On Sep 26, 2018
RoyalBlak007:

The lemon is just a design on the glass.
Okay.

1 Like

Re: 15 Cooking Hacks That Can Make You A Kitchen Star by Culin(f): 4:45pm On Sep 27, 2018
jagugu88li:
Rince strawberries in lukewarm water with a little of vinegar. They can last up to 2weeks.

Throw unpeeled potatoes to over salted food like rice and meat.

Add vinegar before adding chutney when making beetroot. The vinegar rejuvenates the original taste of the beet.

Pour a teaspoon of sugar before adding chicken. No oil or anything. Just semil boil the sugar. This makes the chicken produce water, instead of addin water on the chicken and therefore losing its original taste.

Wow
Re: 15 Cooking Hacks That Can Make You A Kitchen Star by Culin(f): 4:47pm On Sep 27, 2018
Really helpful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 15 Cooking Hacks That Can Make You A Kitchen Star by myke92(m): 8:43pm On Sep 27, 2018
Quite helpful, esp the plantain over ripening

1 Like

Re: 15 Cooking Hacks That Can Make You A Kitchen Star by Nobody: 10:36pm On Sep 27, 2018
Culin:

Wow
What? grin I will share with you more cooking unknown kitchen secretes.......when I have time though. grin Do you love cooking?

I think you loved the chicken part more, Africans love chicken grin, right?

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

How To Cook Vegetable Soup With Scent Leaf And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) / Bizzare Cuisines People Actually Enjoy Eating(photos) / Liberian Potato Greens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.