Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Alleged Voter Cards Deals: PDP Chief Held In Osun - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alleged Voter Cards Deals: PDP Chief Held In Osun (21087 Views)

Party Agent Invites Journalists To Vote ‘without Voter Cards’ At Imo Polling Uni / EFCC Arrests Woman With 18 Voter Cards In Kaduna, Vote Buyers (Photos) / “jimi Agbaje Is A Cancer In Lagos PDP.- Chief Layi Ogunbambi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alleged Voter Cards Deals: PDP Chief Held In Osun by hush15: 9:00am On Sep 25, 2018
Butterflyleo:

They don't buy it and give it to another. They buy it and keep the card in order to ensure no othe party buys it. On the day of election, the owners come and collect it and are monitored as they vote.

They are told that after they vote PDP they would be given extra cash as appreciation. That's how it was being done.

This was how the 62 PVCs were found with Diekola. He bought the cards and kept them for the day of election so the owners can come and collect them and vote under supervision.

hehehe, read what you wrote.... he buys the card for safe keeping and the owner cant negotiate without it
on another.... does it even make sense at all. if it was by that, APC would have won now
Re: Alleged Voter Cards Deals: PDP Chief Held In Osun by Butterflyleo: 9:04am On Sep 25, 2018
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Jonathan sold fuel for 87naira,Buhari is selling for 145,with higher subsidy,dollar is more than 350 now,States are still oweing salaries now,Nigeria was far better Jonathan than what we have now.

States owing salaries now is simply a domino effect from the bankruptcy they experienced under GEJ and PMB knows this which was why he now decided to be giving them bail outs as a cushion for now until they recover through their IGR.

What you are still quoting is the window dressing under GEJ I was talking about. The 87 naira fuel was a fake situation meant to deceive people like you. The reality is what we are witnessing now and this reality is made worse by the crippling of our economy under PDP.

As it stands now PDP forced us to return to the day of babies. We now have to crawl before we can learn to walk and then run afterward.

This is not where we should have been especially since PDP was in power for 16 solid years and yet relegated us to a baby country now crawling and learning to walk again under PMB.
Re: Alleged Voter Cards Deals: PDP Chief Held In Osun by Butterflyleo: 9:05am On Sep 25, 2018
hush15:

hehehe, read what you wrote.... he buys the card for safe keeping and the owner cant negotiate without it
on another.... does it even make sense at all. if it was by that, APC would have won now

I think you need to upgrade your intelligence to understand what I wrote. Your comment here reveals that.
Re: Alleged Voter Cards Deals: PDP Chief Held In Osun by hush15: 9:29am On Sep 25, 2018
Butterflyleo:

I think you need to upgrade your intelligence to understand what I wrote. Your comment here reveals that.

Read this.... Mr Intelligence Upgrader.

https://punchng.com/osun-rerun-anti-buhari-coalition-accuses-inec-of-releasing-pvcs-to-govt-officials/
Re: Alleged Voter Cards Deals: PDP Chief Held In Osun by Butterflyleo: 9:44am On Sep 25, 2018
hush15:

https://punchng.com/osun-rerun-anti-buhari-coalition-accuses-inec-of-releasing-pvcs-to-govt-officials/

You are simply contradicting yourself again and it buttresses my.point for your much needed upgrade in intelligence.

I told you earlier how PDP were going about buying votes and the method employed and you faulted that by wrongly assuming the cards would be given to other people.

I corrected your error and here you go now showing me again, what I just corrected you on.

Go and sleep if you have nothing sensible to say
Re: Alleged Voter Cards Deals: PDP Chief Held In Osun by akdjr(m): 9:48am On Sep 25, 2018
If not for looting, why do politicians engage themselves in every dubious means to get into power? We are far from civility when it comes to who we elect into Government positions.

Lise Thibault born 2 April 1939 was appointed the 27th Lieutenant Governor of Quebec in 1997 and later spent six months in jail for misuse of public funds and ordered to repay the government.

The above remind me of how politicians in Nigeria go into plea bargain to refund funny fraction of the money they stole from public treasury.
hush15:

Re: Alleged Voter Cards Deals: PDP Chief Held In Osun by perryy(m): 10:00am On Sep 25, 2018
buhariguy:
So corrupt Pdp rigged the election, no wonder the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of bia-fra terrorist were hailing thief saraki as the game changer,
So thugs invaded the poling unit and force the electoral officer to sign a doctored result,
No wonder f9 senator got 14,459 vote in oshogbo.
And he won in ede north and south with wider margin.
And the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of bia-fra terrorist will not see the rigging methods of bia-fra terrorist party now.
But if the police arrest those thieves they will be crying wolf.

Very soon, u will die. PDP ti take over.
Re: Alleged Voter Cards Deals: PDP Chief Held In Osun by comfortmusa: 10:27am On Sep 25, 2018
The new elecoral Act propose to make the National Assembly election to come first, while that of the president is to now come last. But Buhari, in explaining his rejection of the bill claimed the planned amendment contravened the constitutional provision that accorded INEC full autonomy in matters of election organization, and supervision as provided for in Section 15 (a) of the Third Schedule to the Constitution.The legislators have however argued that they have not tampered with INEC’s powers to determine days for election, but are only concerned with the sequence of elections, which does not injure the spirit of Section 25.Why is the President withheld assent to the Electoral Act amendment Bill 2018. Buhari want to put the coming election into jeopardy. This is the problem

sarrki:

•He was attacked, says Adeleke

There was tension in Osogbo, the Osun State capital, yesterday as members of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) and supporters of the All Progressives Congress (APC) clashed over an alleged plot by the PDP to buy up Permanent Voter Cards (PVCs) ahead of Thursday’s governorship election rerun in four council areas.

The police are holding a PDP stalwart, Fatai Oyedele, popularly known as Diekola. He was said to have led some leaders of his party to Ward 5, Unit 17 in Alekuwodo to buy up cards, but the PDP said he was canvassing for votes.

Agents and leaders of the APC and the PDP were in the area to woo would-be voters, an eyewitness said, adding that there was a misunderstanding that led to a clash.

The incident could not be confirmed from the Police as the cell phone of the Public Relations Officer (PRO) of the Command, Folashade Odoro, was switched off.

But APC Spokesman Kunle Oyatomi denied that the party’s supporters were involved in any clash. Oyedele was caught in possession of 62 PVCs, he claimed.

Oyatomi said: “There was nothing like thugs attacking anybody. That is absolute nonsense. We don’t have thugs. He was caught with PVCs and the Civil Defence officials arrested him.”

The Director, Media and Publicity, Ademola Adeleke Campaign Organisation, Mr. Olawale Rasheed, said that not only was Oyedele attacked by the “APC thugs, also scores of supporters of the PDP in the areas where the rerun election will be held on Thursday were attacked”.

Rasheed called on security agents to forestall further attempts to attack the PDP leaders and supporters to stop the party from winning Thursday’s rerun.

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on Sunday declared Saturday’s governorship election inconclusive due to irregularities.

The commission announced Thursday for the rerun

The PDP and the APC are the top contenders in the election.

The APC candidate Gboyega Oyetola has said the arrest of the PDP chieftain has confirmed the general opinion that PDP was out to subvert the will of the people.

The Oyetola Campaign Organisation, in a statement in Osogbo, alleged that the PDP chieftain and two other officials led thugs to the controversial polling unit in Ward 5 Osogbo, an action that led to the cancellation of the election in the ward. The result, it said, was rejected due to the difference between the result and the card reader’s record.

The statement reads: “We are vindicated today that the security agents finally nabbed one of the PDP vote buying and selling dealers, who has been the Harrowhead of procurement and commodification of Permanent Voters Card (PVC). We had expressed concern to the security agents about the violent posture of the PDP and the way they were monetising votes before and during the last Saturday election.

“Despite the commitment of President Muhammad Buhari and Governor Rauf Aregbesola to ensuring that the election is peaceful and devoid of any violence, the same set of people arrested have been attacking APC members in Osogbo, the state capital and openly distributing money even on the eve of election.”

The organisation claimed that on Saturday night, the PDP chiefs invaded a coalition centre in Ward 5 Osogbo and forced the APC and other party agents to sign a doctored result that was later rejected at the local government coalition centre. “This singular action substantially contributed to the inclusiveness of the election that will cost the INEC, Security agents and political party a lot of resources,” it said.

“To us, APC government as acknowledged by the local and international observers has provided a level playing ground for the free, fear and transparent election in Osun and peoples must not allow to subvert the popular will of the people.”

“ As a candidate in this election, we wish to state clearly that the arrest of Diekola is one out of PDP hundreds agents and dealers purchasing voters card in all the affected units in Ife South, Ife North, Orolu and Osogbo local governments.”

“While we commend the police for the arrest, we urg them and other security agents to be on alert to prevent individuals who are hell bent on subverting the will of the people, and demand that the police must investigate Diekola thoroughly and prosecute any individual connected to the criminality, no matter how highly placed in the society.”

“This election is about the future of the state and no matter any interest , the popular wish of the majority must be protected; the choice of the people must emerge, that is the very essence of democracy.”

PDP spokesman Diran Odeyemi denied that Diekola collected voter cards. He said the PDP chief had gone to the area to seek votes for the party’s candidate when thugs descended on him.

“Let the police show proof that he was arrested with the cards”, he said, adding that the action was to intimidate PDP supporters

http://thenationonlineng.net/alleged-voter-cards-deals-pdp-chief-held-in-osun/

1 Like

Re: Alleged Voter Cards Deals: PDP Chief Held In Osun by Mikeshine(m): 1:38pm On Sep 25, 2018
Butterflyleo:
I knew the real gist right from yesterday. In the course of Diekolas vote buying, he had a confrontation with a guy in his camp over monies given to him by Adeleke for this purpose especially when Adeleke gave him money on the 22nd and he disappeared with the money and this led to Diekola slapping him and all hell broke loose. It was an innocently passing NSCDC security team that noticed all that was going on and intervened, arrested and searched him and PVCs were found on him.

He allegedly had been buying votes right from the night before yesterday morning.

APC was not involved in any way. Even as at last night PDP also began buying votes in Orolu. This is confirmed.

Chai you can lie o. I don't even believe you know where the alekuwodo is.
Re: Alleged Voter Cards Deals: PDP Chief Held In Osun by Butterflyleo: 1:43pm On Sep 25, 2018
Mikeshine:

Chai you can lie o. I don't even believe you know where the alekuwodo is.

I was in Osun as a monitor. I arrived Osun on the 21st and we were among those given special permits to go around monitoring the elections so I know what I am.talking about because I may not be from Osun but I have my people there
Re: Alleged Voter Cards Deals: PDP Chief Held In Osun by okonja(m): 2:16pm On Sep 25, 2018
angry angry
Re: Alleged Voter Cards Deals: PDP Chief Held In Osun by okonja(m): 2:18pm On Sep 25, 2018
Butterflyleo:
I knew the real gist right from yesterday. In the course of Diekolas vote buying, he had a confrontation with a guy in his camp over monies given to him by Adeleke for this purpose especially when Adeleke gave him money on the 22nd and he disappeared with the money and this led to Diekola slapping him and all hell broke loose. It was an innocently passing NSCDC security team that noticed all that was going on and intervened, arrested and searched him and PVCs were found on him.

He allegedly had been buying votes right from the night before yesterday morning.

APC was not involved in any way. Even as at last night PDP also began buying votes in Orolu. This is confirmed.

If you have the true picture of Alhaji Fatai Diekola with PVC, I'm going to give you 100k
Re: Alleged Voter Cards Deals: PDP Chief Held In Osun by mandax: 8:19pm On Sep 25, 2018
comfortmusa:
The new elecoral Act propose to make the National Assembly election to come first, while that of the president is to now come last. But Buhari, in explaining his rejection of the bill claimed the planned amendment contravened the constitutional provision that accorded INEC full autonomy in matters of election organization, and supervision as provided for in Section 15 (a) of the Third Schedule to the Constitution.The legislators have however argued that they have not tampered with INEC’s powers to determine days for election, but are only concerned with the sequence of elections, which does not injure the spirit of Section 25.Why is the President withheld assent to the Electoral Act amendment Bill 2018. Buhari want to put the coming election into jeopardy. This is the problem

Even a mentally handicapped can understand that if you hold presidential election first, in subsequent elections, there shall be undue large number of voters voting for the and candidates of the winning President.
Bandwagon effect.

That debases democracy, and causes civilian dictatorship.

By withholding accent to the electoral Bill, President Buhari has geopardized democracy in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atiku Knocks The Economist, Says Endorsement Of Buhari Scandalous / Yamah Mohammed: Senators Slam Ambassadorial Nominee Over Comments On APC Crisis / If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.