Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,442 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Osun Decides: I Was Told Before Election That It Would Be Cancelled – Olamide Re - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Decides: I Was Told Before Election That It Would Be Cancelled – Olamide Re (1410 Views)

Presidential Election That Produced Tinubu Not Free, Fair ― Prof Onigbinde / Nigeria Decides: I See Atiku Emerging Winner If… –primate Ayodele / Osun Decides: APC Flies Cash-loaded Helicopters Into Government House – PDP Alle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Decides: I Was Told Before Election That It Would Be Cancelled – Olamide Re by Olatundextd(m): 6:35am On Sep 25, 2018
The deputy governorship candidate of the African Democratic Congress, ADC, Justice Olamide Oloyede (retd) has claimed that he was told that the Saturday’s governorship election in Osun would be cancelled in exactly the way the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, nullified it.
According to her, it was strange that what he was told came to fruition, adding that the action was orchestrated.
She said this while flaying INEC for declaring the election inconclusive, adding that the governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Senator Ademola Adeleke, ought to have been declared the winner of the election.
Oloyede, who spoke with Punch in Osogbo, the Osun State capital on Monday, said the cancellation of votes in those polling units were orchestrated before the election and it was unfortunate that the INEC allowed itself to be used to rob the people of the state.
She said, “The people have spoken and that is the beauty of democracy. What the people said should be allowed to stand and whatever we do today will become history in the future.
“There have been antecedents, Kogi State is one, Oshiomhole’s case is another one. The cancelled votes were not deducted from the voters and they did not affect the winners of the elections in any way.
“That is why I am a bit worried now. I am worried and I said to myself, why are they making Osun State an exemption in this case? Once you cancelled votes, they no longer form parts of the valid votes. So why will you now be deducting cancelled votes in this case? What kind of mathematics is INEC now involved in?
“It is rather an orchestrated thing. I was told by somebody before the election that votes from these areas would be cancelled but I did not believe the person. I was shocked when what he said came to pass. What he said was very accurate and I began to wonder because this is strange.”

Re: Osun Decides: I Was Told Before Election That It Would Be Cancelled – Olamide Re by weyreypey: 6:44am On Sep 25, 2018
That cancellation was a mistake from APC. A grave mistake.

3 Likes

Re: Osun Decides: I Was Told Before Election That It Would Be Cancelled – Olamide Re by Histrings08(m): 7:12am On Sep 25, 2018
Imagine.. How can we trust them to give us a credible election come 2019

2 Likes

Re: Osun Decides: I Was Told Before Election That It Would Be Cancelled – Olamide Re by mrvitalis(m): 7:39am On Sep 25, 2018
weyreypey:
That cancellation was a mistake from APC. A grave mistake.

Lol people most times allow emotions to override their judgement

What inec did was in line with the constitution and common sense

3500 who are meant to vote didn't vote for a fault not theirs n you won me with 350 votes... And you expect to be declared the winner?

From each ward apc and pdp follow their votes and at the end of the day... Correction where made and we came to this... Why not allow the rule of law to take its course

Yes this places are where apc should win but the law is the lawyer

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Decides: I Was Told Before Election That It Would Be Cancelled – Olamide Re by Vikkie14: 8:09am On Sep 25, 2018
mrvitalis:

3500 who are meant to vote didn't vote for a fault not theirs n you won me with 350 votes... And you expect to be declared the winner?

From each ward apc and pdp follow their votes and at the end of the day... Correction where made and we came to this... Why not allow the rule of law to take its course

You know nothing about the constitution. INEC followed the Electoral Acts and not the constitution. And the constitution supercede the Electoral acts. Go and read what the constitution says and what the electoral acts which is a creation under the constitution says. Get enlightened Mr anonymous. That Osun election was conclusive. NUFF SAID.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Decides: I Was Told Before Election That It Would Be Cancelled – Olamide Re by Astrosmart: 8:23am On Sep 25, 2018
Vikkie14:
You know nothing about the constitution. INEC followed the Electoral Acts and not the constitution. And the constitution supercede the Electoral acts. Go and read what the constitution says and what the electoral acts which is a creation under the constitution says. Get enlightened Mr anonymous. That Osun election was conclusive. NUFF SAID.
thank you..

Only the court has right to either nullified it or not
Re: Osun Decides: I Was Told Before Election That It Would Be Cancelled – Olamide Re by mrvitalis(m): 8:36am On Sep 25, 2018
Vikkie14:
Lol so electoral act is different from the constitution?

School me about this please

LMAO
Re: Osun Decides: I Was Told Before Election That It Would Be Cancelled – Olamide Re by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:37am On Sep 25, 2018
mrvitalis:

@ bolded, The truth is coming out bit by bit.

This is exactly why the people are kicking! This is what they are against!

It is no fault of PDP that they did not vote too undecided

I can assure you that if APC was leading with 350 votes irrespective of those who didn't vote, the election would have been CONCLUSIVE!

What this means is that INEC is an arm of APC and they cannot be trusted with 2019 elections!!!

3 Likes

Re: Osun Decides: I Was Told Before Election That It Would Be Cancelled – Olamide Re by anonymuz(m): 8:50am On Sep 25, 2018
By that necklace she's......if you know you know.
Re: Osun Decides: I Was Told Before Election That It Would Be Cancelled – Olamide Re by Akosbaba(m): 9:11am On Sep 25, 2018
Hmm
Re: Osun Decides: I Was Told Before Election That It Would Be Cancelled – Olamide Re by Dujardin(m): 9:14am On Sep 25, 2018
Am I the only one who doesn't know Justice Olamide Oloyede's gender?
OP just make me confuse with use of pronoun.
Re: Osun Decides: I Was Told Before Election That It Would Be Cancelled – Olamide Re by Akosbaba(m): 9:35am On Sep 25, 2018
Vikkie14:

Section 153(2) and section 15(i) of the third schedule of the Constitution allows INEC to make subsidiary legislation in giving effect to the provisions of the constitution. All these people saying they didn't follow the constitution keep omitting the fact that you don't just read the section that favors you from the law. The combined reading of section 179,153 and the electoral act shows that inec was acting within their powers.
This power has been used several times before in the past. There's a thread that was on the front page yesterday on it

The only thing pdp can complain of is the fact that there is evidence of 1000 votes being removed from ayedaade. This is what they should go to court about.
Re: Osun Decides: I Was Told Before Election That It Would Be Cancelled – Olamide Re by Nobody: 10:54am On Sep 25, 2018
The Hon. Justice is a fine woman.
God bless her home

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: The Mammoth Crowd That Graced South West Campaign Of PDP / Amaechi Betrayed Odili, Obasanjo, Wike, Jonathan, Buhari - Fani Kayode / BREAKING: PDP Rejects Presidential Election Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.