Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,621 members, 7,840,477 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

Luka Modric Claimed Fifa’s The Best Award For 2018 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Luka Modric Claimed Fifa’s The Best Award For 2018 (252 Views)

Fans React Angrily After Lionel Messi Got Snubbed From FIFA's The Best Award / Kylian Mbappe, Harry Kane, Luka Modric, Thibaut Courtois Win FIFA Player Awards / Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Luka Modric Claimed Fifa’s The Best Award For 2018 by jumia1: 9:09am On Sep 25, 2018
Real Madrid's Luka Modric claimed FIFA's The Best award for 2018 to end Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi's decade-long hold on world football's top player prize.

The Croatia midfielder won with 29 percent of the votes, coming in ahead of Ronaldo (19 percent), Mohamed Salah (11.2 percent), Kylian Mbappe (10 percent) and Messi (9 percent), who along with Ronaldo skipped the ceremony.

Modric was presented with the award following a ceremony in London on Monday night.

"This award is not just mine. It is my teammates' from Real Madrid and Croatia. Without my coaches, I would not have won this and without my family I would not be the player I am today," said 33-year-old Modric.

Ronaldo and Messi had won every FIFA World Player of the Year award, which was renamed the FIFA Ballon d'Or in 2010 and The Best in 2016, since 2007 when Kaka was victorious.

Modric becomes the first Croatian player to win the award after an outstanding year for club and country.

He was instrumental in winning Real Madrid's third Champions League title in as many seasons, while he captained Croatia to their first World Cup final, winning the Golden Ball at the tournament.

Read more here:http://jumiaforum.com/listing/real-madrids-luka-modric-claimed-fifas-the-best-award-for-2018/

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Sure Games Now Reality With Surebetpred Inc. / Live Streaming - Chelsea Vs Manchester Utd | 20th Oct 2018 - EPL / Messi Injury Will Give Dembele Chance To Prove Their Worth At Barca

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.