Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,787 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:55 PM

Facebook And Facebook Lite. The Difference - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Facebook And Facebook Lite. The Difference (1698 Views)

HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! / Facebook (Lite Version) Is Down / Facebook Lite App Now Available On Ios (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facebook And Facebook Lite. The Difference by kripen(m): 10:57am On Sep 25, 2018
Did you know that Facebook has two different cell phone apps? While most of us use the “normal” Facebook, it has a stripped-down twin called Facebook Lite. What are the differences? Are they noticeable? Why is it called Lite? These questions will be answered below in this comparative guide.

Designed for the less fortunate
Not everybody is lucky enough to have the latest cell phone. Some of us have a dinosaur that’s old or slow or cheap. That’s where Facebook Lite comes into play. The app is specially designed for devices that are outdated or don’t have sufficient technology.

Size and battery
The first big difference has to do with the size of the app. While Facebook takes up about 60 MB, the Lite version only is 2 MB. That’s a significant difference in space if you don’t have much storage capacity. Incredible, right?

Something similar happens with the battery, though on a smaller scale: while the normal Facebook app can be a battery hog, the lite version requires two-thirds less power. It’s a small difference, but can be significant in the long run

Simplified design
Another big difference between Facebook and Facebook Lite has to do with the design. It’s almost identical to the normal app. Almost. A closer look reveals small differences: the text and icons are smaller, the animations are less smooth, the graphics are simpler and the general presentation is less impressive.

Lite removes all the app’s excess details. It’s like a video game that goes from high resolution to low resolution.

Less data consumption
Facebook Lite was created to help parts of the world with less advanced technology. Basically, this has to do with internet connection. Data is barely consumed with Facebook Lite, since programmers had to consider that this app would be used in areas with 2G connections. That’s nothing.

Facebook Messenger included:
Facebook pulled out all the stops to get people to download Messenger. Despite this massive effort, Facebook Lite doesn’t require Messenger to be installed separately. That means you can use it from the Lite app. Also, you can’t use current emojis, but you can always create the retro version with punctuation marks and letters.

AS I HAVE ALWAYS BE USING THE LITE.
Re: Facebook And Facebook Lite. The Difference by Nobody: 3:14pm On Sep 25, 2018
D main fb app takes too much storage,i had 2 delete it,am ok wit d lite

2 Likes

Re: Facebook And Facebook Lite. The Difference by kripen(m): 2:26pm On Sep 26, 2018
aro1:
D main fb app takes too much storage,i had 2 delete it,am ok wit d lite

That's what I did too, I see no reason/Benefits to still be using the main Facebook app. The Facebook lite app is really compatible with all kind of phones: big, small, fast, slow, fine, rough etc.

I am not here to market. Facebook lite all the way.

1 Like

Re: Facebook And Facebook Lite. The Difference by Afobear: 4:34pm On Sep 26, 2018
kripen:

That's what I did too, I see no reason/Benefits to still be using the main Facebook app. The Facebook lite app is really compatible with all kind of phones: big, small, fast, slow, fine, rough etc.

I am not here to market. Facebook lite all the way.
You are not here to market like Facebook needs your input to float both apps.....yinmu!!!!
Re: Facebook And Facebook Lite. The Difference by Waffarianman(m): 7:41pm On Sep 26, 2018
FB Lite all the way.
Re: Facebook And Facebook Lite. The Difference by kripen(m): 3:07pm On Oct 01, 2018
Waffarianman:
FB Lite all the way.

Yes oooo. Lite it up!

1 Like

Re: Facebook And Facebook Lite. The Difference by madgoat(m): 8:04pm On Oct 01, 2018
Rubbish
Re: Facebook And Facebook Lite. The Difference by pritijain(f): 8:03am On Aug 10, 2020
madgoat:
Rubbish

Facebook applications for Android are not famous for offering a good user experience, precisely . For years, it has been proven that the official tools of the social network are heavy apps, poorly optimized and capable of devouring without regret the resources of even the most powerful mobiles. That is why, for years, the company behind the most used social network on the planet offers light versions of its most used apps: they are Facebook Lite and Messenger Lite . Difference between facebook and facebook lite. But, are you missing something by using Facebook Lite instead of the original app? Should you install the lightweight app even if you have a powerful enough mobile? While Facebook recommends using the applications originally launched on Google’s mobile platform, and encourages those limited-resource terminal holders to use the Lite versions, the truth is that it may make more sense than it seems to install the light apps of the social network and forget forever the originals. In this article, we compare all the differences that exist between each of the applications.

(1) (Reply)

Neatly Used Tecno Droidpad 10D For Sale / Smartphones Can Now Touch You Back When You Touch Them / Trade War: Telegram Faces New Attack In China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.