Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Dapo Abiodun Chides Amosun Over Directive To Party Executives - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dapo Abiodun Chides Amosun Over Directive To Party Executives (518 Views)

Nigerians Call For Arrest Of Amosun Over 1,000 AK47, 4 Million Bullets Stockpile / Workers Boo, Shame Amosun Over Hostile Policies / Buhari Warns Amosun Over Anti-party Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dapo Abiodun Chides Amosun Over Directive To Party Executives by lalekanyinusa(m): 12:06pm On Sep 25, 2018
Dapo Abiodun chides Amosun over directive to party executives

The leading governorship aspirant in Ogun State APC, Prince Dapo Abiodun, has described Governor Ibiknule Amosun's directive to the party executives to snub him as unpatriotic and detrimental to the interest and unity of the
party.

He made this known at the town hall meeting he had with the party faithful from Abeokuta South Local Government.

Abiodun also charged all the members of the party to unequivocally reject indirect primaries.

He urged them to insist on their right to choose their candidates at all levels through direct primaries.

He reiterated his stand that only the best is good enough for Ogun State recalling how this position led him to facilitate the emergence of
the incumbent governor in 2011.

"I was one of the people who went to plead with Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and Chief Osoba for the incumbent governor to be given the governorship ticket of ACN in 2011 after he failed in 2007 with ANPP” he narrated.

The Chairman of Corporate Affairs Commission explained that his support for Amosun was based on the conviction that he was the best candidate at that time and not because of political patronage.

"I wonder where I've wronged the governor with
my ambition, with all the support I gave him then, I neither asked nor got any position whether for myself or any of my loyalists. I supported him in the interest of our beloved Ogun State” he explained.

He promised to return party to the people if he is elected as the party’s gubernatorial flag bearer for the fast approaching election.

“I promise to return the party to the people because the party belongs to the people. It is not individual or a family party that some people feel they should have perpetual control of it” he concluded.

Re: Dapo Abiodun Chides Amosun Over Directive To Party Executives by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 12:08pm On Sep 25, 2018
grin After him use his first son upgrade them still no give am ticket cheesy
Re: Dapo Abiodun Chides Amosun Over Directive To Party Executives by nzeobi(m): 12:29pm On Sep 25, 2018
imposition will be APC's undoing in the next general elections. the options before you are as follows
defect to the PDP and pick a senatorial ticket or remain in the party and work against the party.

(1) (Reply)

Rising Oil Price: CBN Urges FG To Save To Avert Another Recession / Get Prepared, Another Economic Recession Looms In Nigeria - CBN Issues Warning / Adamawa APC Fails To Conduct Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.