Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,173 members, 7,829,191 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

What I Hate About Christians – Ogboni Generalissimo - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What I Hate About Christians – Ogboni Generalissimo (596 Views)

Few Things I Dislike About Christians / Francis Meshioye: Ogboni Fraternity Was Created To Promote Christian Values / Pastor Chukwudi Okoh: "Letter From Ogboni Fraternity Threatened Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Hate About Christians – Ogboni Generalissimo by AnotherZik: 12:51pm On Sep 25, 2018
In-coming Aare Ogboni (generalissimo of Ogboni Ekiti) of Ekiti State, Chief Emmanuel Ayodele Famodimu has revealed that his grouse with Christians is that they place more emphasis on Jesus Christ than God Almighty, wondering if Christians do not think that the Supreme would be angry with them over the more attention they accord Jesus Christ.

He made this known to newsmen on Tuesday while being received by top members of the Ogboni confraternity at the Imesi Ile, in Osun State, origin of Oke-lmesi town in Ekiti, as part of the traditional preparations for his installation as the Aare Ogboni, generalissimo of Ogboni cult in Ekiti.

Famodimu said, “My grouse with Christians...

Read more: https://newsworth.ng/what-i-hate-about-christians-ogboni-generalissimo/
Re: What I Hate About Christians – Ogboni Generalissimo by Bitterleafsoup: 12:53pm On Sep 25, 2018
Membership will be high this 3 years.
Re: What I Hate About Christians – Ogboni Generalissimo by Jaguntemmy(m): 12:56pm On Sep 25, 2018
Thinking God will be Jealous
LOL
Re: What I Hate About Christians – Ogboni Generalissimo by NobodyKnows(m): 1:12pm On Sep 25, 2018
Jaguntemmy:
Thinking God will be Jealous
LOL
This is a foolish statement you’ve made
Re: What I Hate About Christians – Ogboni Generalissimo by Godssword1(m): 1:33pm On Sep 25, 2018
Access thousands of free Christian Ebooks in our Telegram group: https:///ibloggospel
Re: What I Hate About Christians – Ogboni Generalissimo by uprightman(m): 8:56am On Sep 26, 2018
AnotherZik:
In-coming Aare Ogboni (generalissimo of Ogboni Ekiti) of Ekiti State, Chief Emmanuel Ayodele Famodimu has revealed that his grouse with Christians is that they place more emphasis on Jesus Christ than God Almighty, wondering if Christians do not think that the Supreme would be angry with them over the more attention they accord Jesus Christ.

He made this known to newsmen on Tuesday while being received by top members of the Ogboni confraternity at the Imesi Ile, in Osun State, origin of Oke-lmesi town in Ekiti, as part of the traditional preparations for his installation as the Aare Ogboni, generalissimo of Ogboni cult in Ekiti.

Famodimu said, “My grouse with Christians...

Read more: https://newsworth.ng/what-i-hate-about-christians-ogboni-generalissimo/
so a Christian can be a member? I am just asking.
Re: What I Hate About Christians – Ogboni Generalissimo by Nobody: 9:12pm On Sep 26, 2018
I'll admit that I don't know what an "ogboni" is nor do I understand his role....but I just want to clarify what I think he has misunderstood about Christians and Jesus.
It's not that Christians place Jesus on a higher pedestal than God the Father; rather Jesus has quite a huge role to play in our lives.
He is the mediator right now in the Most Holy Place....(Heaven) interceding on our behalves and blotting out our confessed and repentant sins.
God is not angry in that sense cause He knows what Christians are acknowledging.

John 14:6 (KJV)
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 14:9
“Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

So in light of those scriptures and many more, one can deduce that Jesus has quite a major role. I think that Christians also use "Jesus" and "God" interchangeably...and not meant in any way to belittle the role of God the Father, but to acknowledge the fact that Jesus is more than just a prophet or teacher. He is the Son of God, who died (and rose again) for a sin-filled and death ridden world which had no hope.
Re: What I Hate About Christians – Ogboni Generalissimo by Jaguntemmy(m): 7:59am On Sep 27, 2018
how sensible your corrections are
NobodyKnows:

This is a foolish statement you’ve made

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Performs Sexx Deliverance On Church Member (video) / Defending Your Rights Is Not Hate Speech, Says Oyedepo / Resurrection Pastor Shifts Blame To Man’s Family, Denies Having The Power To Res

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.