Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,770 members, 7,824,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

Why Did God Not Pierce Holes On Our Ears? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Not Pierce Holes On Our Ears? (5975 Views)

Why Did Pastor Isaac Oyedepo Lose So Much Weight? / Were Some Prayers Meant For God's Ears Alone? (Pic) / Who Brought Christianity? For Jesus Brought The Kingdom Of God Not Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did God Not Pierce Holes On Our Ears? by OtemAtum: 4:10am On Oct 02, 2018
If God Almighty, the creator of Yahweh, Allah, Vishnu, Olorun, Abassi, etc does not want humans to do anything other than what it does, by now we would be remaining in a civilisation more ancient than the stone age.

God Almighty who created your god has never at any point in time commanded you to wear or not to wear earrings, rather the golden rule is USE YOUR BRAIN.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Not Pierce Holes On Our Ears? by annyplenty(m): 6:11pm On Oct 02, 2018
LordReed:
So why did God make male penis foreskin that he's just gonna ask people to cut off?

but He asked us to do it.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Not Pierce Holes On Our Ears? by LordReed(m): 6:55pm On Oct 02, 2018
annyplenty:

Then he stopped asking us to do it so he is just confused I guess.
Re: Why Did God Not Pierce Holes On Our Ears? by annyplenty(m): 7:27pm On Oct 02, 2018
LordReed:

God is not confused and can never be. He never asked us to stop male circumcision. Even if He asked us to stop, He is God and sovereign. His decision cannot be faulted.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did God Not Pierce Holes On Our Ears? by LordReed(m): 7:53pm On Oct 02, 2018
annyplenty:

God is not confused and can never be. He never asked us to stop male circumcision. Even if He asked us to stop, He is God and sovereign. His decision cannot be faulted.

LoL the confused interpretation of the confused mess called the bible.
Re: Why Did God Not Pierce Holes On Our Ears? by MuttleyLaff: 8:36pm On Oct 02, 2018
LordReed:
So why did God make male pênis foreskin that he's just gonna ask people to cut off?
Does this have to do with, raring to poison the well or this is about, perhaps, you, missing the foreskin taken off your pênis?

Which, out of the two,
is the reason behind the "why did God make male pênis foreskin that he's just gonna ask people to cut off" question?

annyplenty:
As oppose you giving the brother greater knowledge and proper understanding about the subject (i.e. circumcision),
you instead, gave a careless and lazy response

When and where did He ask "us" to do it annyplenty?
What exactly is the "it" He asked "us" to do?

LordReed:

annyplenty:
God is not confused and can never be.
He never asked us to stop male circumcision.
Even if He asked us to stop, He is God and sovereign. His decision cannot be faulted.
Squandered another opportunity with a response like this

LordReed:
LoL the confused interpretation of the confused mess called the bible.
You reason this way because you've missed the point(s)

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Not Pierce Holes On Our Ears? by Alonsojr(m): 1:49am On Oct 03, 2018
annyplenty:
Why Did God Not Pierce Holes on Our Ears?
You do not need to be a medical doctor or have a specialized knowledge to know the various parts of man’s body that God has put holes and the functions those holes are meant to perform.

I will mention some of the parts of human’s body where God had bored holes and the reasons for which He bore those holes on human’s body.

-1. Mouth – basically for feeding and talking.

-2. Nostrils- basically for breathing.

-3. Ear drums – for hearing.

-4. Human’s private parts (both male and female) – urinating and child production.

-5. Anus – for defecating.

-6. Body pores – for passing out sweats.

-7. Woman’s bosom – for breastfeeding children.

These are, perhaps, all the places God has bored holes in our bodies and the functions those holes perform.
However, God did not pierce or bore holes on our ears. What could be the reason why God did not pierce the ears of human beings?

-1. Did He forget to pierce the ears of human beings?

-2. Did He leave the ears for human being to pierce by themselves?

-3. Did He just not pierce the ears for human being because the holes would not be serving any purpose if they were pierced?

For me, personally, I think the first and second reasons were out of order. They could not have been the reasons why God did not pierce our ears from birth.

Only the third reason is logical and meaningful. Our ears were not pierced from birth by God because it is not necessary for them to be pierced because if they were pierced they would not be serving and godly defined purpose.

Can you imagine that, at birth, a baby comes out of her mother’s womb with her two ears already been pierced? This will be totally abnormal and strange. In fact, this will make headlines in the newspaper.

Why then do people now pierce their ears and their daughters’ ears? The only reason was because they want to hang their ear-rings on them.
Brothers and sisters, I wish to tell you that this act of piercing ears and wearing of ear-rings and jewelries are worldly and ungodly acts. Wearing of ear-rings and jewelries has its roots in idolatry.

Pharaoh, the symbol of idols, was the first person recorded in the bible to put ring on his finger and to wear chains on his neck.

Genesis 41:41-42
41 And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, See, I have set thee over all the land of Egypt.

42 And Pharaoh took off his ring from his hand, and put it upon Joseph’s hand, and arrayed him in vestures of fine linen, and put a gold chain about his neck;

From biblical point of view, wearing of chains, ear-rings, hand-rings and all jewelries have connections with idol worship. To find out this connection between jewelries and idolatry, listen to the message below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFxzFS0RE6k&t=112s

Actions
Are you an elect of Christ? Are you truly saved? Are you on the narrow road? Do you want to make the rapture/heaven? If your answers are yes, then,

• Make all efforts to heed the warnings of Jesus Christ.

• Be watchful. Pay attention to what is happening around the World and see whether they match what the scriptures say.

• Be filled with the Holy Spirit and be in the Spirit all the time.

• Fast, consecrate yourself, run away from sin and worldliness.

If your answers are NO, then you can repent today. Accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour. Kindly sincerely and faithfully pray the prayer of repentance below and make a determination never to commit sin again.

Prayer Of Repentance
Lord, Jesus Christ, I am sorry for all my sins. I confess them with my mouth and I ask for mercy. Please forgive me and wash me in your blood. I accept you as my personal Lord and Saviour. Write my name in the book of life. Give me power over sins and fill me with your Spirit and Joy of Salvation. When rapture trumpet sounds, let me make it. Thank you for saving me. In Jesus name, I pray.

Begin to read bible. Begin with the book of John. Pray always. Fast regularly (you can begin with once in a week). Look for a bible believing church where they teach repentance, holiness, salvation and fellowship with them. Pray before you go. Always run away from SINS.

Need More Information?
For more information, question or contribution, please send email to us at raptureglorious@gmail.com or jesuscoming@yahoo.com or visit us at www.jesuscoming1..com and please tell others to join us. We teach people deep word of God about holiness, righteousness and how to prepare for rapture. You can send email to us to receive the teachings, free.

We also send breaking news of end-time events that happen around the world to people with bible verses that match them. You can send email to us to receive them, free. You can also send email to us to receive this teaching in word document format.

Please, Share This Message And Also Drop A Comment.
We will like to get as many people as possible ready for rapture. We wish nobody misses the rapture. What are happening now are child’s play. In view of these, please, share our messages on different media to help circulate as fast as possible before Trumpet sounds. Also, you can drop a comment. Thank you. God bless you.

Shalom.

To Make Rapture:
Confess your sins to JESUS CHRIST and ask Him to save you.

Repent of your sins constantly on daily basis and run away from sins.

Be filled with the Holy Spirit

Live in Holiness and Righteousness

Do all Restitutions

Cut off all worldliness.

Forgive all people.

Pray and fast.

Consecrate and study the bible.

Watch.

JESUScoming

Shalom.

Jesus is coming. Stay ready in absolute repentance, righteousness and holiness.

Shalom.
TBH,earrings make some women more beautiful, don't come here and say why did he not pierce their ears from heaven (that isn't a logical point if I may say)
Why didn't he circumcise you when you were coming undecided
Re: Why Did God Not Pierce Holes On Our Ears? by belva5: 2:28pm On Oct 11, 2018
annyplenty:

I have gone through ur post in nairaland. God will bless u for the wonderful job u are doing Sir. pls I want to ask u a question, how can one activate the gifts of the holy spirit eg prophesy, healing,vision, etc. I know its in me but activating it is another challenge
Re: Why Did God Not Pierce Holes On Our Ears? by annyplenty(m): 2:50pm On Oct 11, 2018
belva5:

I have gone through ur post in nairaland. God will bless u for the wonderful job u are doing Sir. pls I want to ask u a question, how can one activate the gifts of the holy spirit eg prophesy, healing,vision, etc. I know its in me but activating it is another challenge

Go and listen to this message

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw-7h_ADOJE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bBtIaBEXRg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlvQekIcnNo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBXvrEZmMos&t=1220s

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Not Pierce Holes On Our Ears? by annyplenty(m): 5:39pm On Oct 12, 2018
JESUS is coming. Stay ready in repentance and complete holiness and righteousness.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Not Pierce Holes On Our Ears? by ponziponzi(m): 2:54am On Oct 13, 2018
annyplenty:

JESUS is coming. Stay ready in repentance and complete holiness and righteousness.

Exodus 32:2-4
Aaron said to them, "Tear off the gold rings which are in the ears of your wives, your sons, and your daughters, and bring them to me." Then all the people tore off the gold rings which were in their ears and brought them to Aaron. He took this from their hand, and fashioned it with a graving tool and made it into a molten calf; and they said, "This is your god, O Israel, who brought you up from the land of Egypt."

Ezekiel 16:10-12 King James Version (KJV)
10 I clothed thee also with broidered work, and shod thee with badgers' skin, and I girded thee about with fine linen, and I covered thee with silk.

11 I decked thee also with ornaments, and I put bracelets upon thy hands, and a chain on thy neck.

12 And I put a jewel on thy forehead, and earrings in thine ears, and a beautiful crown upon thine head.

Many Christians are slowpoke.s, they don't even read their Bible. They just blindly follow the doctrine of their church and their leader/mentor. Nigeria will be forever backward with these kinds of human beings.

5 Likes

Re: Why Did God Not Pierce Holes On Our Ears? by annyplenty(m): 6:24pm On Oct 15, 2018
ponziponzi:

Exodus 32:2-4
Aaron said to them, "Tear off the gold rings which are in the ears of your wives, [b]your sons
, and your daughters, and bring them to me." Then all the people tore off the gold rings which were in their ears and brought them to Aaron. He took this from their hand, and fashioned it with a graving tool and made it into a molten calf; and they said, "This is your god, O Israel, who brought you up from the land of Egypt."

I have addressed these quotes in the message I attached. May be you did not listen to them, and so I will address them here, again.
These people were just coming from egypt and God told them to collect these ornaments from the Egyptians so that they can use the ornaments to make the ark of covenant for Him in the wilderness. They were not suppose to wear the ornaments but these people copied the attitudes of the egyptians and wore the ornaments against God instructions.

If you looked at the scripture above, you will see that their daughters and sons and everybody was wearing ornaments which is not different from what is happening today in this last days, where men and women are both wearing earrings.

In the immediately following chapter, the following conversation ensued

exodus 34:1-6
1 And the LORD said unto Moses, Depart, and go up hence, thou and the people which thou hast brought up out of the land of Egypt, unto the land which I sware unto Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, saying, Unto thy seed will I give it:

2 And I will send an angel before thee; and I will drive out the Canaanite, the Amorite, and the Hittite, and the Perizzite, the Hivite, and the Jebusite:

3 Unto a land flowing with milk and honey: for I will not go up in the midst of thee; for thou art a stiffnecked people: lest I consume thee in the way.

4 And when the people heard these evil tidings, they mourned: and no man did put on him his ornaments.

5 For the LORD had said unto Moses, Say unto the children of Israel, Ye are a stiffnecked people: I will come up into the midst of thee in a moment, and consume thee: therefore now put off thy ornaments from thee, that I may know what to do unto thee.

6 And the children of Israel stripped themselves of their ornaments by the mount Horeb.

In verse 3, God says that He will not follow them again in the wilderness because they were stiffnecked whick meant that they had not been listening to the instruction God had been giving them.

When the people heard that God will not follow them any more because of their stiffneckedness, they began to mourn and they started to do what God had been commanding them, which was to remove the ornaments from them. They did this in verse 4.

When the people began to mourn that God did not want to follow them, God had pity on them and decided to follow them again but He gave a condition and the condition was that they must obeyed the instruction he had been giving them which they had obeyed.

And in verse 6, they removed their ornaments which meant that was the instruction God had been giving them and which they had been disobeying until they went a step further by using the ornaments to make idols.
Re: Why Did God Not Pierce Holes On Our Ears? by annyplenty(m): 6:34pm On Jan 03, 2019
do not defile your bodies till the coming of the Lord.
Re: Why Did God Not Pierce Holes On Our Ears? by Zodiac61(m): 11:36pm On Jan 03, 2019
Why did he not create man circumcised?
Did he forget to do that, or was it too dirty for him?
Re: Why Did God Not Pierce Holes On Our Ears? by annyplenty(m): 1:14pm On Jan 04, 2019
Zodiac61:
Why did he not create man circumcised?
Did he forget to do that, or was it too dirty for him?

I cannot answer why He did not create man circumcised but I know that He asked us to circumcise.

Circumcision has purpose it serves .

Did God ask us to pierce our ears, nose and tongues and if we pierced them what purpose do they serve?

That is the difference.
Re: Why Did God Not Pierce Holes On Our Ears? by Hermes019: 2:53pm On Jan 04, 2019
Ezekiel 16 vs 12(KJV)
And I put a jewel on thy forehead, and earrings in thine ears,and a beautiful crown upon thine head

Op explain the passage above
Re: Why Did God Not Pierce Holes On Our Ears? by annyplenty(m): 4:35pm On Jan 04, 2019
Hermes019:
Ezekiel 16 vs 12(KJV)
And I put a jewel on thy forehead, and earrings in thine ears,and a beautiful crown upon thine head

Op explain the passage above

If you carefully examined the passage, you will understand that God was not talking about physical earrings that Israelites have been yearning for since the the wilderness time after the order of the Egyptians. Before I tell you what those things in Ezekiels 16 vs 12 are, I want you to note that

-1. God did not ask them to go market and buy the jewels and earrings by themselves and wear them.

-2. He said He would wear those things for them

-3. If He said He would wear earrings for them, then they should wait and let God be the one to put it on them rather than they buying to put it on themselves.

-4. Remember if God says He will bless them, they have to pray and seek Him until He finally bless them.

Now let me tell you what God want to give them in place of those things in ezekiel

Prover 1:8-9
8 My son, hear the instruction of thy father[/], and [u]forsake not the law of thy mother:

9 For they shall be an ornament of grace unto thy head, and chains about thy neck.

Without already saying so much you will begin to see what God meant to achieve with Israelite and what the ornament He promised them meant.

There are other scriptures to support that God did not mean the physical jewelries that people are now wearing about.
Re: Why Did God Not Pierce Holes On Our Ears? by LordReed(m): 5:21pm On Jan 04, 2019
annyplenty:

I cannot answer why He did not create man circumcised but I know that He asked us to circumcise.

Did God ask us to pierce our ears, nose and tongues and if we pierced them what purpose do they serve?

That is the difference.

LoL! So essentially if the god says it it is right. If the god asks for human sacrifice it is right, if the god ask you to kill your neighbours and take their land, wives and children the god is right. SMH.
Re: Why Did God Not Pierce Holes On Our Ears? by Hermes019: 7:33pm On Jan 04, 2019
annyplenty:

If you carefully examined the passage, you will understand that God was not talking about physical earrings that Israelites have been yearning for since the the wilderness time after the order of the Egyptians. Before I tell you what those things in Ezekiels 16 vs 12 are, I want you to note that

-1. God did not ask them to go market and buy the jewels and earrings by themselves and wear them.

-2. He said He would wear those things for them

-3. If He said He would wear earrings for them, then they should wait and let God be the one to put it on them rather than they buying to put it on themselves.

-4. Remember if God says He will bless them, they have to pray and seek Him until He finally bless them.

Now let me tell you what God want to give them in place of those things in ezekiel

Prover 1:8-9
8 My son, hear the instruction of thy father[/], and [u]forsake not the law of thy mother:

9 For they shall be an ornament of grace unto thy head, and chains about thy neck.

Without already saying so much you will begin to see what God meant to achieve with Israelite and what the ornament He promised them meant.

There are other scriptures to support that God did not mean the physical jewelries that people are now wearing about.
I never insinuated that the verse is to be taken literal,of course I read the beginning of the chapter so I understand it is more like an illustration, but my point is this,if piercing of ears is a sin like u painted it to be then it doesnt make sense for your God to be citing an example with something he supposedly detests,let's make it more practical, now we both know the position of the Nigerian government on homosexuality and gay marriage,does it make sense if an advert by the federal government on national television portrays two men romantically attracted to each other,NO!.
So if your God detests piercing of ears then it doesn't make sense for him to use it even if he is making an illustration, after all he is supposedly omniscientso there are an infinite other ways that he can make whatever point he wants to make without using the example in question
Re: Why Did God Not Pierce Holes On Our Ears? by Zodiac61(m): 10:46am On Jan 05, 2019
annyplenty:

That is the difference.

Please, tell us what purpose circumcision serves.
Medically it is unnecessary.
Why did god want it done?
Re: Why Did God Not Pierce Holes On Our Ears? by annyplenty(m): 1:22am On Feb 09, 2019
Let your body, as well as your spirit and soul be preserved blameless unto the coming of the Lord
Re: Why Did God Not Pierce Holes On Our Ears? by annyplenty(m): 3:52pm On Mar 02, 2019
Run away from worldliness
Re: Why Did God Not Pierce Holes On Our Ears? by GoodMuyis(m): 10:56pm On Mar 02, 2019
Alonsojr:

TBH,earrings make some women more beautiful, don't come here and say why did he not pierce their ears from heaven (that isn't a logical point if I may say)
Why didn't he circumcise you when you were coming undecided

Zodiac61:

Please, tell us what purpose circumcision serves.
Medically it is unnecessary.
Why did god want it done?

The forskin is for male Instruments protection from blood microbes.
microbes may enter the tiny hole and might cause infections. unlike female Instruments that has more wide space

Hermes019:

So if your God detests piercing of ears then it doesn't make sense for him to use it even if he is making an illustration, after all he is supposedly omniscientso there are an infinite other ways that he can make whatever point he wants to make without using the example in question

piercing of ears is a mark of slavery
Re: Why Did God Not Pierce Holes On Our Ears? by xoxocandy(f): 6:05am On Mar 03, 2019
LordIsaac:

In fact, the ironƴ is that, Goɗ himself gave Solomon specifications for builɗing His temple which included silver and gold. Plus, He created these things for His glorƴ. If the emphasis were on moɗeration, that would be scriptural....ɓut they holɗ on to these "weights" that always chain their consciences in guilt when Christ has paid the price. We are the most religious country on earth and shamefullƴ, the most wicked.(corrupt). Why? Because people like OP emphasize the outward, laced with hypocrisy at the detriment of true religion, as Ɓiɓle commanɗs. Anɗ in our ɗelusion, we act like we ƙnow better than those that ɓrought the gospel to Africa and terriɓlƴ, even more than Christ himself!
agree

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Not Pierce Holes On Our Ears? by annyplenty(m): 8:26pm On Mar 27, 2019
Turn away from worldliness.
Re: Why Did God Not Pierce Holes On Our Ears? by Maxi3k(m): 8:38pm On Mar 27, 2019
op we know that you have eaten
Re: Why Did God Not Pierce Holes On Our Ears? by payosehtor(m): 9:27pm On Mar 27, 2019
extremist in the church. I pray you don't go the way of the other religion please. but op why not limit this kind of teachings to your deeper life and the holiness movement stuff nah.I was once a Dclm but left cuz this extremism i left
Re: Why Did God Not Pierce Holes On Our Ears? by annyplenty(m): 6:58am On Mar 29, 2019
payosehtor:
extremist in the church. I pray you don't go the way of the other religion please. but op why not limit this kind of teachings to your deeper life and the holiness movement stuff nah.I was once a Dclm but left cuz this extremism i left

And what gave you the impression I am from the churches you mentioned?

If you have any objection to what I posted, you should make your position known with quotations from the bible?

By doing so, if you have superior presentation, I will agree with your.
Re: Why Did God Not Pierce Holes On Our Ears? by annyplenty(m): 5:53pm On May 07, 2019
Holiness within and without is a prequisite to see the Lord. Live a holy life in Christ Jesus.
Re: Why Did God Not Pierce Holes On Our Ears? by ABCthings: 6:25pm On May 07, 2019
annyplenty:

Holiness within and without is a prequisite to see the Lord. Live a holy life in Christ Jesus.
It obvious you believe what ever you say is right and you're so unwilling to change your view.You can't even look at things from another prespective what an unhealthy way to be a Christian smh. sad e a n
Re: Why Did God Not Pierce Holes On Our Ears? by annyplenty(m): 7:11pm On May 07, 2019
ABCthings:
It obvious you believe what ever you say is right and you're so unwilling to change your view.You can't even look at things from another prespective what an unhealthy way to be a Christian smh. sad e a n

Tell me what I should change to. I am open to correction. I have open admitted to corrections before and I will do it again and again once I am convinced.
Re: Why Did God Not Pierce Holes On Our Ears? by annyplenty(m): 7:45am On May 08, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where Did Black Men Came From?: / Why Does God Requires Faith / What Is The Difference Between Life And Soul (spirit Or Whatever We Call It)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.