Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,165 members, 7,849,595 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:58 AM

South Sudanese Surgeon Wins Nansen Award From UNHCR - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / South Sudanese Surgeon Wins Nansen Award From UNHCR (220 Views)

"Hand Of Hope": 21-week-old Unborn Fetus Reach Out Towards The Surgeon. See Why / A Quack Dutch Medical Doctor /surgeon Dr Hans Van Den Corput Discovered Practici / Dr. Oluyinka Olutoye, The Nigerian Surgeon With A Difference (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

South Sudanese Surgeon Wins Nansen Award From UNHCR by Sipcyp(m): 11:22pm On Sep 25, 2018
Dr. Evan Atar Adaha was awarded the Nansen Award by UNHCR on Tuesday, 25 September, which recognizes "extraordinary help" for refugees. It is in the north of South Sudan, in a zone without infrastructure or electricity that Evan Atar Adaha has built a hospital from scratch and is ceaselessly treating the poor. RFI met him in Nairobi where he was passing before leaving for Geneva where he will receive his prize on October 1st.
Humble and direct, Dr. Atar recounts his long nights of work at the Maban Hospital in the Upper Nile region. " I've had six Caesareans in one night before I get a man with a gunshot bullet," he recalls. And when I was done, I had to take care of an intestinal obstruction."

More than 200,000 people benefit from the care of this hospital. They are mostly refugees from Blue Nile State, in neighbouring Sudan. This is where Dr. Atar worked until 2011 when conflict erupted after South Sudan's independence. The surgeon then follows thousands of refugees fleeing to the young country and begins operating in an abandoned health centre in the village of Bunj.

Source >>>> https://www.trendtopstories.com/2018/09/south-sudanese-surgeon-wins-nansen.html

(1) (Reply)

Spend Less Andd Get Well? / Aadam Kamaaluddeen Arrushdiy / Dentist Eden Prairie | Cosmetic Dentistry MN - Anderson Lake Dental

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.