Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,109 members, 7,818,310 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Imo Pdp Primaries: Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha Caution Mischief Makers, Pdp Is One. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Pdp Primaries: Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha Caution Mischief Makers, Pdp Is One. (293 Views)

Ex-Imo Governor, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP / Emeka Ihedioha Wins Imo PDP Governorship Ticket / Emeka Ihedioha Kneels Down To Greet Goodluck Jonathan (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Imo Pdp Primaries: Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha Caution Mischief Makers, Pdp Is One. by Akachukwuroland: 9:21pm On Sep 26, 2018
RT. HON. EMEKA IHEDIOHA CON.

Imo 2018 Governorship Primaries: Mischief Makers And Their Misguided Propaganda.

My attention has been drawn to a spate of misleading, and sponsored publications targeted at my respectable relationship with the leadership of the People's Democratic Party (PDP) and my personal integrity.

While thanking the authors for the unsolicited publicity, let me refer them to section 25 (subsection 1) of the constitution of the PDP as amended in 2017 on the composition and processes of emergence of delegates to the State congresses. Congratulatory letters to delegates is only a harmless canvassing process.

Unfortunately, in the last few days, these political jobbers have inundated the social media and even penetrated the ranks of some otherwise respected top party chieftains to further their mischief. But their laughable claim that I boast of controlling the National Chairman and that the party heirachy has chosen a particular presidential candidate gives them out as hired tools of destabilization within the PDP.

I am an avowed believer in a transparent electoral process and will encourage our party leadership and membership not to be distracted by this cheap blackmail. It is, however, curious that some otherwise respected members of our party are citing these obviously misleading publications as their reason for fighting against Port Harcourt as the National Convention Venue. Let me state unequivocally that the allegations are false, and I never made the alleged statement at the so-called delegate meeting or at any other place.

Our Constitution in section 33 (sub section 1) as amended in 2017 deals with the composition of the National Convention which elects the Presidential candidate of the party in accordance with Section 50 sub section (1) (2) (a) of the same PDP constitution. My support for any aspirant is only limited to one vote.

Every discerning political observer can easily agree that this desperate campaign of calumny against my person is sponsored by a certain governorship aspirant in my state who has given us an impression to doubt his intents.

It is important to alert our party leadership and membership that this same group, only last week sponsored a dangerous legal process against our party which was foiled.

More than ever before, we must remain focused and vigilant as we match towards reclaiming our lost mandate.

Long live the People's Democratic Party of Nigeria.

Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha CON

26th September 2018

Re: Imo Pdp Primaries: Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha Caution Mischief Makers, Pdp Is One. by ShameOnAPC: 9:25pm On Sep 26, 2018
shocked

(1) (Reply)

Omisore Turns The Beautiful Bride As Mustapha, Fayemi Beg For Support / . / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.