Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Double Decker Buses In Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Double Decker Buses In Nigeria (7222 Views)

Burnt Buses At Forte-oil Tanker Ojuelegba Accident Scene (photos) / My Shocking Experiences In Public Buses----ladies Be Very Vigilant! / Your First Travel Experience On A Double-decker Bus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Double Decker Buses In Nigeria by sexxxxy(f): 11:55am On Apr 05, 2007
I was just wondering: can the idea of double decker bus work in nigeria as a mode of daily transport?
Re: Double Decker Buses In Nigeria by lalaboi(m): 11:58am On Apr 05, 2007
its been used by ABC!!! and oda travelln companies 2!

for travelling intrastate!!
Re: Double Decker Buses In Nigeria by sexxxxy(f): 12:30pm On Apr 05, 2007
really?do you have a pic or link ,a friend just said it can never work, its kind of an heated arguement,
Re: Double Decker Buses In Nigeria by T2(m): 6:27pm On Apr 07, 2007
Interstate is the key word, most of them have a wooden poll they use to push telephone wires up because they are SOOO low within the city.

Dont try and run one between ojuelegba and Tejuosho LOL

Too many wires!
Re: Double Decker Buses In Nigeria by eaze: 7:21pm On Apr 07, 2007
no, because if those regular mega buses are having a hard time in nigeria?
Re: Double Decker Buses In Nigeria by spoilt(f): 9:16pm On Apr 07, 2007
dont you guys remember luxury bus operators brought in double decker buses to maximise their profits. they were prone to accidents because of all the bad roads. they had to take them off the roads. it was too dangerous. i entered one. the damn thing was swaying like crazy whenever it entered a pothole. terrifying is the word!
Re: Double Decker Buses In Nigeria by Seun(m): 9:21pm On Apr 07, 2007
Good point. In other words, they were less safe than the regular molue buses due to potholes and wires. wink
Re: Double Decker Buses In Nigeria by deejay1(m): 9:30pm On Apr 07, 2007
to be honest in my own words. IT CAN'T WORK!!! ABC only use the one deck coach and not the double decker coach. and in nigeria were electricity line are usually runned anywhere, and u no the double decker coach are not so fast( i mean the speed) coz the load on them would make the coach to be dangling. i just dont think it can work but am happy to buy 10% of the businessif you no anyone that wants to venture in this investment. and let see if its ganna be a good investment. if someone dont try it we all wont no if its ganna work or are we?
Re: Double Decker Buses In Nigeria by JayBaby1(f): 9:36pm On Apr 07, 2007
Is it today Ekene Dili Chukwu, D Young, and the rest have been using double decker coaches to go to the east?
Re: Double Decker Buses In Nigeria by Seun(m): 9:37pm On Apr 07, 2007
but am happy to buy 10% of the businessif you no anyone that wants to venture in this investment.
I'm confused. Why would you buy 10% of a business that "can't work"?
Re: Double Decker Buses In Nigeria by Tornadoz(m): 4:21am On Apr 08, 2007
Nigeria has come a long way from the days when a double decker bus was brought to Kaduna trade fair and every one ran for their lifes. The good old days. Lol!
Re: Double Decker Buses In Nigeria by IBEXY(m): 10:55am On Apr 08, 2007
Where are the smooth roads for such "high centre of gravity" busses?
I will not travel in them for a million bucks in Naija. My God ! have your forgotten those pot holes at Onitsha. How will a double decker handle that?
My answer is NO. At least not until we maintain our roads properly. The same reason why you cant use a lamborghini or porsche in my village.
Re: Double Decker Buses In Nigeria by Ndipe(m): 11:17am On Apr 08, 2007
Double decker bus on Lagos streets is equal to double tragedy when there is an accident.
Re: Double Decker Buses In Nigeria by akara(m): 1:57pm On Apr 08, 2007
grin

Double deckers might work in Lagos but you have to work out the routes, perhaps run on express routes.
But warn your conductors not to throw non-payers from the top deck o.

grin
Re: Double Decker Buses In Nigeria by babasin(m): 3:30pm On Apr 08, 2007
are you guys planning other methods of de-populating Nigeria lipsrsealed
Re: Double Decker Buses In Nigeria by deejay1(m): 10:20pm On Apr 08, 2007
oga admin wat i meant was that if it does work yea and its bein in service 4 a year am happy 2 buy 10% of there equity
Re: Double Decker Buses In Nigeria by lalaboi(m): 10:26pm On Apr 08, 2007
double decker bus is used in naija! dey may av stoped it i dunno! wot i knw is dat about 3 yrs ago! it was used enroute to abuja!
Re: Double Decker Buses In Nigeria by spoilt(f): 1:22am On Apr 09, 2007
Tornadoz:

Nigeria has come a long way from the days when a double decker bus was brought to Kaduna trade fair and every one ran for their lifes. The good old days. Lol!

did they really?
funny! grin
Re: Double Decker Buses In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:32am On Apr 10, 2007
What are you guys talking about here?

Double decker buses are being used in naija, especilly by the young motors.

The point should be whether it's safe enough.

Though i've not heard of any crashing.
Re: Double Decker Buses In Nigeria by richylaw(m): 1:45pm On Apr 10, 2007
still in nigeria a couple of days ago, these double decker buses are still in use.
Re: Double Decker Buses In Nigeria by kokorunna(m): 11:50am On Apr 13, 2007
You guys dey have a laugh, double decker buses in nigeria.

The roads are very bad and most people will not appreciate them wink
Re: Double Decker Buses In Nigeria by lucifer1: 4:24pm On Apr 27, 2007
With such a deep potholes on almost every road, most of doubledeckers would turn upside down within minutes, Sorry, bad idea in my opinion.
Re: Double Decker Buses In Nigeria by olabosun(m): 4:43pm On Apr 27, 2007
This double deck bus can't work out in nigeria,cos there are bad roads every where .for ABC transport wen last did anybody see their double deck busses.they all capside .i think it could only work in some major parts of abuja.
Re: Double Decker Buses In Nigeria by Chiaka(f): 3:35pm On Jun 07, 2007
Why not if they will not summersault in bad roads.
Re: Double Decker Buses In Nigeria by Vicjustice: 4:12pm On Jun 07, 2007
I suppose some pot-holes on our roads are threats to double decker buses they can fall a double decker bus, or don't you think so?
Re: Double Decker Buses In Nigeria by uspry1(f): 7:06pm On Jun 07, 2007
See varied pictures of double decker buses at below:

Classic double decker London Transport buses:

Modern double decker intercity buses:

Re: Double Decker Buses In Nigeria by peteroby(m): 1:34pm On Jun 09, 2007
the only transport company that operated the Doudle Decker was Young shall glow motors.they still run on the roads but mostly northern part of Nigeria.other transport company are using single couch.
Re: Double Decker Buses In Nigeria by nguage(m): 6:09am On Jun 20, 2007
the whole transportation system needs a huge ovarhaul. not just double deckers
Re: Double Decker Buses In Nigeria by tpiah: 5:54am On Jul 14, 2010

indeed nigeria has come a long way!!

lol
Re: Double Decker Buses In Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 1:37pm On Jul 14, 2010
I will never advice anyone to use those kinda stuff, till our roads are better and our govt are willing to do the best to protect the citizen.
Cos that will only mean more people to die just in case of an accident

(1) (Reply)

Airbus/Boeing Aircraft (2016) Price List Compared! / Notable Polish-Nigerians. / Cheapest Airline In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.