Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Nigeria Labour Congress Strike Not Effective In Lagos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Labour Congress Strike Not Effective In Lagos (31749 Views)

Those Accusing Govs Of Silence Over Insecurity, ASUU Strike Not Fair: El Rufai / Peter Obi Meets Leadership Of The Nigeria Labour Congress / New Minimum Wage Nationwide Strike Begins September 26 – Nigeria Labour Congress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Labour Congress Strike Not Effective In Lagos by equity1(m): 7:38am On Sep 27, 2018
Omooba77:
I just drove from Mainland to Victoria Island and things are as normal as water. NLC strike deaf on arrival.
it's strike, not sit at home order.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Labour Congress Strike Not Effective In Lagos by Nobody: 7:43am On Sep 27, 2018
This is secretariat alausa blocked this morning

Re: Nigeria Labour Congress Strike Not Effective In Lagos by Nobody: 7:44am On Sep 27, 2018
Colourich:
I'm doing my teaching practice in my university staff school, so nothing like losing job, but then I can't stay at home either, the main teacher I'm working with won't like it. I will go there later by 8am sha.

This strike should better hold biko.
nothing like losing ur job as how. U own the institution or what? Caution ur self like concoction rice and don't gamble with ur practice job. Considering the kind of main teacher u have I think u can't be dismissed? Put away idle attitude to internship and work and leave early for work or the normal time u leave
Re: Nigeria Labour Congress Strike Not Effective In Lagos by Nobody: 7:47am On Sep 27, 2018
It is very effective in Mbaise

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Labour Congress Strike Not Effective In Lagos by tarok(m): 7:49am On Sep 27, 2018
Right now all the Ports are shut down, do you know what that means?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Labour Congress Strike Not Effective In Lagos by Nobody: 7:49am On Sep 27, 2018
Omooba77:
I just drove from Mainland to Victoria Island and things are as normal as water. NLC strike deaf on arrival.

I only know about online strike,here in ABA the banks are fully operational,schools are fully operational and other sectors.bleep NLC and their strike.....They are part of the reason UNCLE JONA LOST THE PRESIDENCY

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Labour Congress Strike Not Effective In Lagos by dingbang(m): 7:53am On Sep 27, 2018
tofolo:
Is FBN going to open?
Re: Nigeria Labour Congress Strike Not Effective In Lagos by madgoat(m): 7:53am On Sep 27, 2018
Metuh:

Are you that jobless? or you work as a danfo driver?

People like you should be in jail

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Labour Congress Strike Not Effective In Lagos by eodavids(m): 7:55am On Sep 27, 2018
Omooba77:

Untrue!

You drove at such early hour of the morning, and you are passing verdict.
Obviously, you were predetermined to say that, not for what you saw this morning.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Labour Congress Strike Not Effective In Lagos by Maxymilliano(m): 7:57am On Sep 27, 2018
lexy2014:
at 7am? Do govt offices open by 7am?

I work in a private establishment that operate as an affiliates of NLC/TUC
Re: Nigeria Labour Congress Strike Not Effective In Lagos by Guyman02: 8:00am On Sep 27, 2018
Let's face reality, those who were behind organizing strikes in the past are now members of APC starting from the noise make Adams Oshiomole, so they see the strike as an attack on Buhari and will ensure that it is not effective, just watch out

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Labour Congress Strike Not Effective In Lagos by Metuh: 8:00am On Sep 27, 2018
madgoat:

People like you should be in jail
for what offence sir? grin
Re: Nigeria Labour Congress Strike Not Effective In Lagos by ifeko1214(m): 8:04am On Sep 27, 2018
Bloody liar. Companies under lock and key...
Re: Nigeria Labour Congress Strike Not Effective In Lagos by Nevee: 8:05am On Sep 27, 2018
It is very effective sir.
Re: Nigeria Labour Congress Strike Not Effective In Lagos by Nobody: 8:06am On Sep 27, 2018
Igbokiller:
nothing like losing ur job as how. U own the institution or what? Caution ur self like concoction rice and don't gamble with ur practice job. Considering the kind of main teacher u have I think u can't be dismissed? Put away idle attitude to internship and work and leave early for work or the normal time u leave
We can be rejected o. Don't mind me. I'm on my way sha.
Re: Nigeria Labour Congress Strike Not Effective In Lagos by lexy2014: 8:06am On Sep 27, 2018
Maxymilliano:

I work in a private establishment that operate as an affiliates of NLC/TUC
whether u call it affiliate or not, u called it "a private establishment". That's all that matters
Re: Nigeria Labour Congress Strike Not Effective In Lagos by Nobody: 8:07am On Sep 27, 2018
ANGELMARVE:
Lol e pain am!!!!
Shut your trap, no Government institution will employ an English education graduate..

someone offline said you teach food and nutrition in an akara school in owerri.
Remember that drinklica knows all about you.
You are as pathetic as you sound, don't mention me again. Fool.
Re: Nigeria Labour Congress Strike Not Effective In Lagos by Laurence1: 8:07am On Sep 27, 2018
Alausa secretariat is locked and when I asked to be let in... the security man just calmly told me.."oga no work"...

So OP, what were you expecting? People parading the streets shouting solidarity forerveR? undecided
Re: Nigeria Labour Congress Strike Not Effective In Lagos by emerged01(m): 8:10am On Sep 27, 2018
Colourich:
I'm still confused if I should go to work or not. embarassed.
Going back home may be difficult. Just have enough money on you because today may be an opportunity day for commercial buses to deal with workers.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Labour Congress Strike Not Effective In Lagos by calddon(m): 8:10am On Sep 27, 2018
ericsmith:

NLC got it wrong with the timing ,how can you fix strike to a date workers all over nigeria will be getting paid , that shows how disconnected they're to workers they claim to represent.. common sense missing everywhere
Yea, dats true
Re: Nigeria Labour Congress Strike Not Effective In Lagos by Eberex(m): 8:14am On Sep 27, 2018
If there should be a strike, let it affect all nook and corners of the country. That is what we call STRIKE.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Labour Congress Strike Not Effective In Lagos by omogin(f): 8:15am On Sep 27, 2018
adioolayi:
Instead of Mod to open a thread for strike update.... you pushed a unverified claims to front page...continue
I'm back. It's a mod like this dunce that banned his foolish head. I won't take nonsense from anyone. Better be warned
Re: Nigeria Labour Congress Strike Not Effective In Lagos by yehmy(m): 8:16am On Sep 27, 2018
dingbang:
why did you edit your post

Re: Nigeria Labour Congress Strike Not Effective In Lagos by BrokenCock: 8:17am On Sep 27, 2018
ProfBlessed:
Lagos peoples don't strike.
By the way, do you expect them to restrict movements?
Because of the slavery-gene in dem or what?
Re: Nigeria Labour Congress Strike Not Effective In Lagos by trumpcoat(m): 8:23am On Sep 27, 2018
You better go to work if you don't want to loose your job
Re: Nigeria Labour Congress Strike Not Effective In Lagos by Smooyis(m): 8:24am On Sep 27, 2018
The strike will gather momentum with time. That is how it goes shocked

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Labour Congress Strike Not Effective In Lagos by mlMyfelix(m): 8:29am On Sep 27, 2018
it would not hold becoz the ruling party will abort the plans mark my word.
Re: Nigeria Labour Congress Strike Not Effective In Lagos by MrBigiman: 8:30am On Sep 27, 2018
Are banks open?
Re: Nigeria Labour Congress Strike Not Effective In Lagos by Macarony01: 8:35am On Sep 27, 2018
I dey my house dey sleep you dey tell me say sttike no work for lagos. Sorry for u
Re: Nigeria Labour Congress Strike Not Effective In Lagos by meforyou1(m): 8:37am On Sep 27, 2018
Even in abuja, nothing is happening. Filling stations are even open
Re: Nigeria Labour Congress Strike Not Effective In Lagos by meforyou1(m): 8:38am On Sep 27, 2018
Smooyis:
The strike will gather momentum with time. That is how it goes shocked
exactly. There was no mobilization. But with time, things will fall in place

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Labour Congress Strike Not Effective In Lagos by AkpaMgbor(m): 8:41am On Sep 27, 2018
Omooba77:
Typical pro Buhari supporter..completely clueless and uniformed! This one thinks a labour strike is the same thing as a curfew..

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Atiku Met Three APC Governors In Dubai, Plots To Manipulate BVAS - Afegbua / Why NSA Monguno Didn’t Attend Buhari’s ‘special Meeting’ With Service Chiefs / Rev. Fr. Anthony Agu Kidnapped In Jos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.