Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,757 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:45 PM

The Educational System Has Failed Us - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Educational System Has Failed Us (429 Views)

ASUU: Ngige Has Failed Nigerians, Remove Him Now – Elebute / Why Are Private Schools No Longer Operating The 6-3-3-4 Educational System? / Ghana Adopts Chukwuka Okonjo's Double Intake Educational System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Educational System Has Failed Us by chuksstanlo: 11:56am On Sep 27, 2018
The educational system is so outdated that we were not taught basic real life skills.
We were taught to cram and pass. That is how i passed my exams in school.
The teacher would dictate to us we would write and wait till exams come then cram and maybe pass our exams or do well.
Then we would graduate and receive our certificates. I don't know about you but i did not learn any real life skills in schools.
Being a bookworm or having excellent grades does not guarantee that you would be successful in life. Because in life you are not instantly rewarded for your work.
The educational system failed to teach us skills like:
How to invest money
How to manage money
how to save money effectively
persuasion skills
How to sell
How to start your own business
Communication skills
Isn't going to school supposed to help you prepare for real life? I think it does the opposite.
Unless you want to become a doctor, surgeon, pilot or any technical field then i think going to school is a waste of time.
Imagine spending millions of Naira learning french,international relations, political science. what a waste of money.
You spend so much money in school only to end up applying for a N50k job
Re: The Educational System Has Failed Us by selfwife(f): 12:01pm On Sep 27, 2018
we agree ....we agree ....we no argue.
Re: The Educational System Has Failed Us by dawndavidson: 1:49pm On Sep 27, 2018
Agree +1!
Hopefully, there are lots of different courses which may teach us how to to this. For example, I've found one useful article at DegreeWay a few days ago about it. You know, that information was really helpfull for me and, I hope, it's gonna be helpful for you too!

(1) (Reply)

LAUTECH: Any Ray Of Hope Or Simply An End-time University / Will A Computer Engineering Degree Prepare Me For A Career In Tech? – Chisom / Holland Government Scholarship For International Students, 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.