Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,410 members, 7,826,593 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

Aso Rock Driver Attempts Suicide Over ‘Poor’ Salary, Drops Suicide Note - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Aso Rock Driver Attempts Suicide Over ‘Poor’ Salary, Drops Suicide Note (32297 Views)

27-Year-Old Man Commits Suicide In Uyo, Akwa Ibom, Drops Suicide Note / 300 Level UNIBEN Student Commits Suicide, Drops Suicide Note(Disturbing Photos) / Pastor’s Wife Who Sent Her Nudes On Church’s Whatsapp Page Attempts Suicide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aso Rock Driver Attempts Suicide Over ‘Poor’ Salary, Drops Suicide Note by Correctgist(f): 12:47pm On Sep 27, 2018
Aso Villa driver attempts suicide over ‘poor’ pay

A 34-year-old driver at the State House Villa, Sunday Offre has been rescued dangling on a tree when he attempted to commit suicide, Daily Trust reports.

Offre who hails from Cross River state is on Grade Level 3 with a monthly salary of N25,000. He joined the service of the State House in 2009, Daily Trust reports.

Workers at the State House told Daily Trust that the driver, who is a father of two, was found in a bush in Kubwa, a suburb of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), dangling on a tree.

Daily Trust reports that the suicide attempt which happened penultimate Monday has become topic of discussion at the State House.

One of the workers said the driver was rescued when his wife saw the suicide note on the table when she returned home.

“It was the wife that saved the whole thing. When she saw the suicide note on the table, she raised alarm that attracted their neighbours,” he said.

He said the wife and their neighbours embarked on spirited search across their environs.

“They saw him dangling on the tree in a bush in their neighborhood. When he was found, they thought he has passed on. It was while they were conveying him to the mortuary that he moved his hand,” he said.

It was gathered that the driver lamented poor remuneration in the suicide note.

Daily Trust reports that the driver was revived at the State House Clinic, as he was said to be unconscious for days.

When our correspondent visited the Clinic yesterday, Offre’s colleagues said he has been discharged last weekend.

In a phone interview, Offre blamed devil for the suicide attempt.

“ It is what I can’t explain honestly. They said I attempted suicide. I can’t explain how it happened but they said I tried to hang myself at the bush in Kubwa. I live in Kubwa,” he said.

Asked why he attempted suicide, he said it was the work of devil, “ I can’t really say what happened.”

On the suicide note, he said, “ they said I wrote it but I cannot remember. I can’t even remember the content of the suicide note.

“It is what I can’t just explain. The car issue has been addressed before this thing happened. But it is because of difficulties. I only depend on my salary which is about N25,000. Permanent Secretary visited me in the hospital and advised me not to try such a thing again,” he said.

Contacted, the Permanent Secretary of the State House, Mr. Jalal Arabi who confirmed the report said he visited the driver at the hospital.

He said the driver regretted his action and he advised him not repeat such a thing again.

On the poor remuneration, he said there was nothing the state house could do, saying “it is a federal issue.”

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/aso-villa-driver-attempts-suicide-over-poor-pay.html

2 Shares

Re: Aso Rock Driver Attempts Suicide Over ‘Poor’ Salary, Drops Suicide Note by prospero5(m): 12:48pm On Sep 27, 2018
should i believe this or not?

Like if you want me to believe or
Share if you don't.

grin grin grin

24 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Aso Rock Driver Attempts Suicide Over ‘Poor’ Salary, Drops Suicide Note by GOFRONT(m): 12:58pm On Sep 27, 2018
grin

25k monthly??

In the presidency??

87 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aso Rock Driver Attempts Suicide Over ‘Poor’ Salary, Drops Suicide Note by hisgrace090: 1:02pm On Sep 27, 2018
State house clinic that has no drugs?

No one is spared in today's Nigeria, only God will save us.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aso Rock Driver Attempts Suicide Over ‘Poor’ Salary, Drops Suicide Note by donmalcolm21(m): 1:03pm On Sep 27, 2018
A driver under the employ of State House earning 25k and you think Aso rock is safe?

What stops terrorist from bribing such people with huge sums in order to gain vital security information about the State house.

Buhari will also deny not knowing about it because he came into government through Denial

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Aso Rock Driver Attempts Suicide Over ‘Poor’ Salary, Drops Suicide Note by hisgrace090: 1:05pm On Sep 27, 2018
State house clinic that has no drugs?

10 Likes

Re: Aso Rock Driver Attempts Suicide Over ‘Poor’ Salary, Drops Suicide Note by FarahAideed: 1:08pm On Sep 27, 2018
Anything under Buhari is in danger

21 Likes

Re: Aso Rock Driver Attempts Suicide Over ‘Poor’ Salary, Drops Suicide Note by Racoon(m): 1:09pm On Sep 27, 2018
And this Is never good for a government that claimed it have bettered the lives of it citizens. Meanwhile Aisha Buhar have about #2.5B in the same Aso Rock. undecided

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aso Rock Driver Attempts Suicide Over ‘Poor’ Salary, Drops Suicide Note by Ganzagangan: 1:12pm On Sep 27, 2018
Stupid man, yannnmiri like somebody.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aso Rock Driver Attempts Suicide Over ‘Poor’ Salary, Drops Suicide Note by saaron(m): 1:17pm On Sep 27, 2018
Yet buhari's unemployed son is busy speeding all over Abuja with N55 million bike. What a fraudulent govt.
A man that doesn't care about the wellbeing of his domestic workers will not give a crab about Nigerians.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aso Rock Driver Attempts Suicide Over ‘Poor’ Salary, Drops Suicide Note by gulfer: 1:39pm On Sep 27, 2018
All these children sef, was Buhari the president in 2009 when the driver was employed?

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aso Rock Driver Attempts Suicide Over ‘Poor’ Salary, Drops Suicide Note by tinsel: 2:20pm On Sep 27, 2018
My fellow igbos I give it to your guys. Lie Muhammed is small compared to you guys.

6 Likes

Re: Aso Rock Driver Attempts Suicide Over ‘Poor’ Salary, Drops Suicide Note by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:49pm On Sep 27, 2018
He should talk to Aisha's ADC to show him the way grin

20 Likes

Re: Aso Rock Driver Attempts Suicide Over ‘Poor’ Salary, Drops Suicide Note by adem30: 3:10pm On Sep 27, 2018
Is there no more land in his state to farm?

He should come to Kwara where graduate of level 8 hardly go home with 30k

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aso Rock Driver Attempts Suicide Over ‘Poor’ Salary, Drops Suicide Note by Auladimeji(m): 3:48pm On Sep 27, 2018
saaron:
Yet buhari's unemployed son is busy speeding all over Abuja with N55 million bike. What a fraudulent govt.
A man that doesn't care about the wellbeing of his domestic workers will not give a crab about Nigerians.
Shut the fvck

3 Likes

Re: Aso Rock Driver Attempts Suicide Over ‘Poor’ Salary, Drops Suicide Note by Nobody: 4:21pm On Sep 27, 2018
Yet bubu wife is fighting for 2.5billion.

9 Likes

Re: Aso Rock Driver Attempts Suicide Over ‘Poor’ Salary, Drops Suicide Note by EnglishUsa: 4:27pm On Sep 27, 2018
You are working for a dead man and you expect what in return, this story should be like, a man trying to turn himself as immortal in other to join the lifeless group was rescued.

3 Likes

Re: Aso Rock Driver Attempts Suicide Over ‘Poor’ Salary, Drops Suicide Note by millionboi2: 4:28pm On Sep 27, 2018
Nothing is as painful as lack of cash

4 Likes

Re: Aso Rock Driver Attempts Suicide Over ‘Poor’ Salary, Drops Suicide Note by dingbang(m): 4:28pm On Sep 27, 2018
He should have marched straight into the black house

2 Likes

Re: Aso Rock Driver Attempts Suicide Over ‘Poor’ Salary, Drops Suicide Note by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 27, 2018
grin

7 Likes

Re: Aso Rock Driver Attempts Suicide Over ‘Poor’ Salary, Drops Suicide Note by Bryan88(m): 4:29pm On Sep 27, 2018
gulfer:
All these children sef, was Buhari the president in 2009 when the driver was employed?
was he receiving 25k salary in 2009?

3 Likes

Re: Aso Rock Driver Attempts Suicide Over ‘Poor’ Salary, Drops Suicide Note by Obito555(m): 4:29pm On Sep 27, 2018
Davido how market
Re: Aso Rock Driver Attempts Suicide Over ‘Poor’ Salary, Drops Suicide Note by Nobody: 4:29pm On Sep 27, 2018
25k kwa. may god punish govt abeg. some drivers in private sector dey collect 70-80k

2 Likes

Re: Aso Rock Driver Attempts Suicide Over ‘Poor’ Salary, Drops Suicide Note by Araoluwa005(m): 4:29pm On Sep 27, 2018
the man no really wan die joor
Re: Aso Rock Driver Attempts Suicide Over ‘Poor’ Salary, Drops Suicide Note by PapaBaby: 4:30pm On Sep 27, 2018
Let Aisha pay him from her N2b fraud.
Re: Aso Rock Driver Attempts Suicide Over ‘Poor’ Salary, Drops Suicide Note by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 27, 2018
cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aso Rock Driver Attempts Suicide Over ‘Poor’ Salary, Drops Suicide Note by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 27, 2018
saaron:

Everything shouldn’t be about Buhari, Nigerian workers are currently being paid wages that can’t fend for them nor coresspond with the current situation of the country.

1 Like

Re: Aso Rock Driver Attempts Suicide Over ‘Poor’ Salary, Drops Suicide Note by Sholaco: 4:30pm On Sep 27, 2018
He s a bastard , let him die
Re: Aso Rock Driver Attempts Suicide Over ‘Poor’ Salary, Drops Suicide Note by nwakibie3(m): 4:30pm On Sep 27, 2018
Permanent Secretary visited me in the hospital and advised me not to try such a thing again,” he said.

Lol... you know the root cause of his attempted suicide and instead of you to increase his salary you were telling him not to try it again just like that grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Aso Rock Driver Attempts Suicide Over ‘Poor’ Salary, Drops Suicide Note by Bawizzo(m): 4:30pm On Sep 27, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Chops Off Brother's Hand During Christmas Fight In Bayelsa. Graphic Photo / Syndicate Behind Poisonous Ponmo In Lagos Busted In 10-hour Operation / If You Are A Fraudster Pls Stop - Man Says After His Release From EFCC Cell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.