Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,441 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Osun Rerun & The 13th Law Of Power - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Rerun & The 13th Law Of Power (2919 Views)

How Nigeria Used The 13th Law Of Power On The Russians / Osun Rerun: Fayemi Leads APC Chieftains To Omisore’s Residence. Photo / Omisore Agrees To Support PDP In Osun Rerun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Rerun & The 13th Law Of Power by EternalTruths: 6:29am On Sep 29, 2018
AZeD1:

Osun had a total revenue of N16.7 billion for last year while its recurrent expenditure was budgeted to N75.8 billion. In other words, if Osun slashes its work force by 75%, its revenue still can't cover its recurrent expenditure.

You can write all you want about Osun and Aregbesola but you can't dispute the numbers.

We haven't even talked about capital expenditure yet oh.

Osun has a domestic debt profile of N138.2 billion. If the new governor decides to pay off the domestic debt, using 2017's revenues figure, it would take 8 years to clear off.

If you have different numbers, bring them out. Also point out how any of this makes Aregbesola a decent manager.

How wicked is it for a state to spend above it's revenue.?

Aregbesola is a disaster.

If he had spent 8 years building the revenue base of Osun state, by now, the state will be earning billions every month.
Re: Osun Rerun & The 13th Law Of Power by Alexiz101(m): 7:26am On Sep 29, 2018
OK nice one
Yes he might have obeyed law 13 and even law 8(make other people come to u. Use a bait if necessary) but you see in my own opinion he has failed to obey law 19
KNOW WHO YOUR DEALING WITH DO NOT OFFEND THE WRONG PERSON.
The Adeleke's and alongside his proposed duputy are from two families you can't overrun as far as Osun state is concerned.
To me he should have use law 20 DO NOT COMMIT TO ANYONE (it is a fool that always rushes to take sides, do not commit to anyone or cause by yourself. By maintaining your independence you become master of others!omisore has just become a slave to APC let's hope he is not used and dump!!!?
Re: Osun Rerun & The 13th Law Of Power by Nobody: 8:20am On Sep 29, 2018
mapet:
Finally!!!

I am happy with this victory

1. I am APC at heart.

2. I cannot imagine Adeleke as governor of Osun State. The damage will be too much.......
3. Osun indeed underwent rapid transformation with Aregbesola (despite his short comings).....and we cannot afford that to stop.
Cheers.

You've shown your leprous hand.

So why initially pretend that you were on an objective, logic/analysis driven path of reason?
Re: Osun Rerun & The 13th Law Of Power by otunde527: 8:23am On Sep 29, 2018
Good one
Re: Osun Rerun & The 13th Law Of Power by mapet: 8:32am On Oct 03, 2018
Hedonini:

You've shown your leprous hand.

So why initially pretend that you were on an objective, logic/analysis driven path of reason?

I think you missed road jumping into my mention. The post/submission is for the HUMAN BEINGS HUMAN BEINGS
Re: Osun Rerun & The 13th Law Of Power by mapet: 8:43am On Oct 03, 2018
Alexiz101:
OK nice one
Yes he might have obeyed law 13 and even law 8(make other people come to u. Use a bait if necessary) but you see in my own opinion he has failed to obey law 19
KNOW WHO YOUR DEALING WITH DO NOT OFFEND THE WRONG PERSON.

The Adeleke's and alongside his proposed duputy are from two families you can't overrun as far as Osun state is concerned.
To me he should have use law 20 DO NOT COMMIT TO ANYONE (it is a fool that always rushes to take sides, do not commit to anyone or cause by yourself. By maintaining your independence you become master of others!omisore has just become a slave to APC let's hope he is not used and dump!!!?

Very Interesting submission....
My take here are these

1. Re: Do not Commit to Anyone - Omisore played his last dice. He had little choice.....He was politically toast. Age is also not on his side. After this period, he would hardly be able to make it to a local govt Councillor. He needed to rescue his descent to political oblivion, hence he had to commit.
2. Re: Know who you're dealing with and do not offend the wrong person - Had it been that you were referring to the Late Isiaka Adeleke (Serubawon), then I would have argued this to be true. Ademola Adeleke is not comparable and has no political antecedents. Had he won this election, he would have started something. I argue that 12months from now, he would be back in the shadows.

1 Like

Re: Osun Rerun & The 13th Law Of Power by mapet: 8:51am On Oct 03, 2018
EternalTruths:
This Was My Question Below

EternalTruths :

Mapet, will you ever abandoned a friend for self interest.?

This Was Your Reply Below

Mapet, the fastest route to failure, is to betray a good relationship for interest.

Interest might die but a good relationship will always be there.

Think not of today but tomorrow.

A wise man will always place friendship above interest.

Watch how we now benefit from remaining loyal to SS despite fully knowing that Jonathan might lose.

Today, the animosity between us is gone forever.

An animosity caused by Zik who placed interest above friendship

I don't get you. You seem to make things up on your head and yet you come out unclear.

1. What you call "good relationship" is measured by whose standard? You or another? What good relationship was there between Omisore and PDP(A party he defected from) ab-initio? With example I gave, I came to the conclusion that my "business relationship" with my friend was harming my progress. Do you expect me to continue "digging" because I don't want to harm my friend?

2. "A wise man will always place friendship above interest." - Not in politics.
Re: Osun Rerun & The 13th Law Of Power by mapet: 9:18am On Oct 03, 2018
Nuzo1:
The most heartless politician on earth cannot survive 6 months in politics practising all the 48 laws of power.

Trimming it down, one has to be a big evil to effectively practice a quarter of the laws of 48 laws of power.

So, in other words, if one must succeed, you must not always follow those laws verbatim or think that people who succeeded followed it. Sometimes, things just happen, and when they do, people try to find a principle and attach to it.

That being said, what happened in osun in the past 4 days was a case of the highest bidder. As simple as that. It has little or nothing to do with the 13th law as both PDP and APC both politely appealed to the concerned people's interest. One must give way.

There was no way PDP's unsure/future offers were going to outmatch APC's now now offers. In addition, omisore knew APC was still going to win at all cost. So, why not go for for the money and take the glory at the same time. And it will take a principled non Nigerian politician to reject such offers.

Finally, I will encourage you to celebrate this win because you believe it's best for Osun people, and not because a party or individual you love/hate used a deceptive principle to win election or gain relevance.-

Please note that in developed/enlightened environments; it's hard to effectively practice most of those laws in 48 laws of power. All the examples of Robert Greene's book were in the 16/17th century when the people were almost thinking like monkeys.

Let me react to your submission in two parts below.

1. I think you need to open your mind to the realities of life, rather than take this seeming pessimistic, "can-not" and "glass-half-empty" approach. The book 48-Laws of Power has been and is currently being subjected to review both in the academic and free world. First-off it is not a book about how life is good, angelic, holy and stuffs. It is a book that is reported to be "both unsettling in its unbridled amorality and refreshing in its unabashed honesty". It's principles are applied and used even to each in academic and business learnings and courses. Your submission that it is only applicable in the 16/17th century is to say the least so ridiculous.

2. If you read the book well enough and with understanding, you would have realised that the style in Robert Green's approach is to explain from a balanced perspective. That for every stated law, there was also the reversal of the Law. So that should obviously tell you that Robert Green did not infer that the Laws are applicable in all situation ..... but that in situation when they play out, you are able to analyse your options and choose your path.

3. Why would you want to practice all the Laws in the first place. Personally there are some that are against my personal values and philosophy (Laws 6, 7, 14 & 15 for example) and I try to avoid if necessary even at personal cost. But I believe it is important I am conversant with ALL the laws and understand in situations where I should play them or being played by them

4. A contradiction I find in your submission is that you seem to downplay the applicability of the "Laws" in this scenario, yet your analogy has elements of Laws 8 & 10.

Secondly wrt bold

You are absolutely correct on that, but you miss the essence of this post. This post is not about what is good for the Osun people, but rather about the interplay prior to the re-run. What is good for the Osun people? It is definitely not Adeleke. Oyetola is a matured, temperate and experienced administrator. It is my hope that he is miles above Aregbesola.
Re: Osun Rerun & The 13th Law Of Power by EternalTruths: 9:34am On Oct 03, 2018
mapet:

I don't get you. You seem to make things up on your head and yet you come out unclear.

1. What you call "good relationship" is measured by whose standard? You or another? What good relationship was there between Omisore and PDP(A party he defected from) ab-initio? With example I gave, I came to the conclusion that my "business relationship" with my friend was harming my progress. Do you expect me to continue "digging" because I don't want to harm my friend?

2. "A wise man will always place friendship above interest." - Not in politics.

Learn from Awolowo's mistake.

Awolowo betrayed good friends for interest only to get rejected when he needed those friends the most.

Anyway, you are a Yoruba man and definitely can never understand what I am saying.

Never Betray A Good Friend For Any Interest.
Re: Osun Rerun & The 13th Law Of Power by Originality007: 9:49am On Oct 03, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:
That's why Tinubu is still with Buhari in spite of all

That's why Wike has dumped Markafi who stood firm against the Sheriff that Wike foolishly brought

That's why Ted Cruz is with Trump in spite of all the insults and pain that Trump threw his way in 2016

Self interest is the most successful language in politics. Infact it's the only relevant language

you nail it here...ur head over correct
Re: Osun Rerun & The 13th Law Of Power by mapet: 11:09am On Oct 03, 2018
EternalTruths:

Learn from Awolowo's mistake.

Awolowo betrayed good friends for interest only to get rejected when he needed those friends the most.

Anyway, you are a Yoruba man and definitely can never understand what I am saying.

Never Betray A Good Friend For Any Interest.

Awolowo betrayed good friends? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin you're so comical grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

The South Should Be Wise Now or NEVER!!! / Man who exposes IPOB online gets award from Hausa people PHOTOS / All Of A Sudden Jubril Turns Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.