Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

African Politicians Are Thieves - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / African Politicians Are Thieves (513 Views)

How Obi Set New Standard For African Politicians — Ghanaian Cleric, Kwadwo / Don't Vote For Atiku, Tinubu, Obi. They Are Thieves - Adeyanju To Nigerians / Oby Ezekwesili At WEF: Xenophobia Caused By African Politicians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

African Politicians Are Thieves by Nobody: 7:53am On Sep 28, 2018
Sometimes I begin to wonder, what is it that an African poltician sees in public office and can kill to get there that we electorates are not aware of?

To me I later discovered the simple answer and that is the urge to privatise public wealth because the quest for public wealth by an African politician is totally insatiable, reason is because they believe that upon attainment of political office is a great license to sudden wealth.

You will also imagine that a politician who lives in one room apartment just after 2 years in power now has mansions inn dubai, London and the rest even when it is a glaring truth that his country is purely backward, he will still loot from his country and buy properties in other civilisation.

And one of the disastrous effects is that due the poor nature and poverty ridden electorates they now turn and sing praises to him even when it is clear that their future is been mortgaged on the altar of politics and this is the reason why u will see an average African celebrating a politician because he built 25km road for them or because he drills a borehole for them which has even make those leaders to become monsters and do as they wish because the electorates have refused to ask why and what is happening to the nations wealth.

Even in education an average poltician whom upon attainment of political office now sends his children outside to study under british system, German system, Australia system while at home same poltician will introduce free education.....why is his children not part of the free education?

If you go to health sectors is the same, in business not difference and the reason is simple we have refused to ask of what reason did we elect this people?

But also the electorates are co-authors of their own misfortune coz whenever they are called to elect their leaders the highest bidder takes it and same electorates will complain when same politicians wants to demolish a market that sustains the masses for living.

African politicians and thieves and the electorates made them to be so.
Re: African Politicians Are Thieves by Kingpee2(m): 7:58am On Sep 28, 2018
You didn’t include ritualist to the list ..
Re: African Politicians Are Thieves by Jokerman(m): 8:21am On Sep 28, 2018
You are right bro... I keep telling people, only clowns go out to vote this men into power, who in turn would still rape the masses....

They have no ideology... they are just after stealing and stealing... they don't even care if they die...
Re: African Politicians Are Thieves by Nobody: 9:06am On Sep 28, 2018
Jokerman:
You are right bro... I keep telling people, only clowns go out to vote this men into power, who in turn would still rape the masses....

They have no ideology... they are just after stealing and stealing... they don't even care if they die...

Clearly no ideology but sometimes we have to blame the electorates coz even when is obvious the leader ain't performing u will still see the masses celebrating them.

We have made monnsters in terms of leaders that they are immuned to any form of advice.

A young graduate can't see job forcing him to move away from country and face embarrassment of foreign embassies and even some risking their lives swimming across the Mediterranean seas just to get away.....

We will never get it right in Africa unless we arise.

China was a 3rd world country many years back but they realise what they want,,,,Today China is shrugging it up with Usa.

African bleeds thieves who under develop our lands.
Re: African Politicians Are Thieves by Nobody: 9:24am On Sep 28, 2018
You are generalizing the whole of Africa in your post . Maybe out of frustration because there are many African nations that do such but certainly not all. There are still African nations where politicians can't go for medical treatment outside their shores and their children study within the nation.
Re: African Politicians Are Thieves by thatigboman: 9:28am On Sep 28, 2018
Nigerian politicians are d worst
Re: African Politicians Are Thieves by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 28, 2018
thatigboman:
Nigerian politicians are d worst

I tell you , the biggest scammers in the world
Re: African Politicians Are Thieves by Nobody: 10:42am On Sep 28, 2018
Runalong333:
You are generalizing the whole of Africa in your post . Maybe out of frustration because there are many African nations that do such but certainly not all. There are still African nations where politicians can't go for medical treatment outside their shores and their children study within the nation.

Am only concerned about the youth....M not frustrated in any way....

Moreover highlight those African country u claim has some hygiene in their country.
Re: African Politicians Are Thieves by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 28, 2018
Juliusmalema:

Am only concerned about the youth....M not frustrated in any way....

Moreover highlight those African country u claim has some hygiene in their country.

I never mentioned anything about hygiene , all countries have corruption one way or the other including those out of Africa. Namibia, South Africa, Botswana to name some . The politicians are treated and die on their shores. The children of the rich study in their countries .
Re: African Politicians Are Thieves by Nobody: 10:54am On Sep 28, 2018
Runalong333:

I never mentioned anything about hygiene , all countries have corruption one way or the other including those out of Africa. Namibia, South Africa, Botswana to name some . The politicians are treated and die on their shores. The children of the rich study in their countries .

Namibia that is having land issues..

Is it south Africa of past zuma...

I may agree something is happening but all are thieves...bloody one.

And then if there is no hygiene in the politics how did they achieve what u listed above....smh.
Re: African Politicians Are Thieves by Nobody: 11:05am On Sep 28, 2018
Juliusmalema:

Namibia that is having land issues..

Is it south Africa of past zuma...

I may agree something is happening but all are thieves...bloody one.

And then if there is no hygiene in the politics how did they achieve what u listed above....smh.

Mr malema I think you are kind of confused . I was correcting you on generalizing that African politicians embezzle money out of Africa, their children study outside their countries and they go to hospitals overseas. That is not true for the nations I mentioned. Like I said many African countries have the problems you listed .

What does Zuma have to do with the things i was arguing . What does the land issues of both Namibia and South Africa have to do with your original topic ? Is it not proof that they are.putting their people first by taking what was stolen ?

What is this hygiene you are talking about ?. No country including America, Britain etc are without corruption and problems , but what matters Is that like the countries I listed they put people first and national interests before stealing and they hardly get away with crime against their people, ask Jacob Zuma if you need proof.

2 Likes

Re: African Politicians Are Thieves by Nobody: 11:16am On Sep 28, 2018
Runalong333:

Mr malema I think you are kind of confused . I was correcting you on generalizing that African politicians embezzle money out of Africa, their children study outside their countries and they go to hospitals overseas. That is not true for the nations I mentioned. Like I said many African countries have the problems you listed .

What does Zuma have to do with the things i was arguing . What does the land issues of both Namibia and South Africa have to do with your original topic ? Is it not proof that they are.putting their people first by taking what was stolen ?

What is this hygiene you are talking about ?. No country including America, Britain etc are without corruption and problems , but what matters Is that like the countries I listed they put people first and national interests before stealing and they hardly get away with crime against their people, as Jacob Zuma if you need proof.

I accept ur submission moreover my view is not a generalisation of issues but my understanding and the long term health of Africa countries upon attainment of independence.

My stand is simple, our leaders always show characters that are totally inimical to our expectation once they find themselves in public office.
Re: African Politicians Are Thieves by Nobody: 11:35am On Sep 28, 2018
Juliusmalema:

I accept ur submission moreover my view is not a generalisation of issues but my understanding and the long term health of Africa countries upon attainment of independence.

My stand is simple, our leaders always show characters that are totally inimical to our expectation once they find themselves in public office.

Mr malema, I agreed with you that there are still many African nations that suffer the illnesses you mentioned, but clearly some have started changing their ways, let us give them that credit and no throw them with the same label and the lagging one. I remember last year how the Minister of health in South Africa was bullied by other Africans on social media , especially our own people. They told him to mind the affairs of his country , but was he not right that " some African leaders are a disgrace for not patronising their own hospitals but taking national resources to Europe and Asia "?. I'm remembering this because we like to blame politicians a lot but fail to realise that they are made like that by the citizens . Do you think if Zuma was a Nigerian president would have resigned? Never ! His tribe would have protected him or those of his religion , but in zulus didn't protect him , they wanted him gone is well. Do you know the current president of South Africa is from the smallest tribe But they elected him, what are the chances of such in naija ?. Bros if the citizens are docile and divided, the politicians will take advantage and abuse them , it's human nature. Look at how South Africans of all races , put their differences aside and spoke with one voice " Zuma must go" in all South African towns and cities. That is a true picture of a maturing democracy not this shyt in naija .

So as we blame leaders , let's not forget to blame the people who put them in power and vow to protect them with their lives.

2 Likes

Re: African Politicians Are Thieves by Nobody: 11:43am On Sep 28, 2018
Runalong333:

Mr malema, I agreed with you that there are still many African nations that suffer the illnesses you mentioned, but clearly some have started changing their ways, let us give them that credit and no throw them with the same label and the lagging one. I remember last year how the Minister of health in South Africa was bullied by other Africans on social media , especially our own people. They told him to mind the affairs of his country , but was he not right that " some African leaders are a disgrace for not patronising their own hospitals but taking national resources to Europe and Asia "?. I'm remembering this because we like to blame politicians a lot but fail to realise that they are made like that by the citizens . Do you think if Zuma was a Nigerian president would have resigned? Never ! His tribe would have protected him or those of his religion , but in zulus didn't protect him , they wanted him gone is well. Do you know the current president of South Africa is from the smallest tribe But they elected him, what are the chances of such in naija ?. Bros if the citizens are docile and divided, the politicians will take advantage and abuse them , it's human nature. Look at how South Africans of all races , put their differences aside and spoke with one voice " Zuma must go" in all South African towns and cities. That is a true picture of a maturing democracy not this shyt in naija .

So as we blame leaders , let's not forget to blame the people who put them in power and vow to protect them with their lives.

Your view same as mine coz I clearly stated that the people are the co-authors of their own misfortune, no wonder our leaders behave like monsters that are untouchable where negative ethnicity is the other of the day most especially nigeria.
Re: African Politicians Are Thieves by Nobody: 11:49am On Sep 28, 2018
Juliusmalema:

Your view same as mine coz I clearly stated that the people are the co-authors of their own misfortune, no wonder our leaders behave like monsters that are untouchable where negative ethnicity is the other of the day most especially nigeria.

Like I said before, I just wanted to point out that there are Africans out there without that bigotry and backwards way of thinking. So you should say some or many. Nigeria one is beyond pathetic though, so saddening.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Drama Between APC Government And Davido. / Pat Utomi Wins Delta APC Faction’s Governorship Ticket / Breaking: Crisis In Delta APC Escalate As Party Sacks Senator O'tega Emerhor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.