Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,075 members, 7,825,394 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

Union Bank Uyo Shut Down By NLC Youth Wing Due To Strike - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Union Bank Uyo Shut Down By NLC Youth Wing Due To Strike (18276 Views)

CBN To Release Old Naira Notes To Banks Over NLC Protest / Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) / Union Bank Replies An Angry Customer Who Wants To Leave The Bank On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Union Bank Uyo Shut Down By NLC Youth Wing Due To Strike by osazsky(m): 9:19pm On Sep 28, 2018
AZeD1:
At the point in time, I would be happy if all the union members are locked up and the key thrown away.

The same rights they have to join union is the same rights others have not to join unions or participate in the strike.
good move by d nlc,no going back until our demands are ment,how can u pay someone 18k for 30days, DAT is 580 everyday and a plate of rice in Edo cost 450 naira,no t fair, cloths,house rent, NEPA bill, bubu must go before nlc would call back its workers ,nice move by the nlc we are 100% in support of this
Re: Union Bank Uyo Shut Down By NLC Youth Wing Due To Strike by AZeD1(m): 9:32pm On Sep 28, 2018
osazsky:
good move by d nlc,no going back until our demands are ment,how can u pay someone 18k for 30days, DAT is 580 everyday and a plate of rice in Edo cost 450 naira,no t fair, cloths,house rent, NEPA bill, bubu must go before nlc would call back its workers ,nice move by the nlc we are 100% in support of this

What has Union bank got to do with NLC?

Like I said earlier, you can't people to unionize or participate in a strike. Those who want to go on strike should do so and let others run their businesses.

1 Like

Re: Union Bank Uyo Shut Down By NLC Youth Wing Due To Strike by sukar886: 9:33pm On Sep 28, 2018
fucck PVC, needs visa to China to buy goods

1 Like

Re: Union Bank Uyo Shut Down By NLC Youth Wing Due To Strike by Mistadora01(m): 10:17pm On Sep 28, 2018
[quote author=rottennaija post=71611123]Yeah, I saw it. I was there[/quote
What part in Akwa ibom
Re: Union Bank Uyo Shut Down By NLC Youth Wing Due To Strike by rottennaija(m): 10:28pm On Sep 28, 2018
[quote author=Mistadora01 post=71618767][/quote]

Uyo! Abak road

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Union Bank Uyo Shut Down By NLC Youth Wing Due To Strike by echelons(m): 11:13pm On Sep 28, 2018
allytinted:
As if the implementation of the strike is the solution to whats facing us right now in the country. Increament in minimum wage will later to increament of price of goods and services and we are back to square one. The most annoying is that those of us working with private organisation will suffer the lot. Salary never since yesterday now cos of the minimum wage wey no go reach us.
I do not know where you work anyway.
But where I do, immediately the minimum wage is implemented, our salaries are ratified. Increased by the percentage increment in the new wage structure.
And yes, I work with a private firm too.
Nigerian institutions are so weak, that's why a lot of institutions and businesses don't even pay their staff up to the minimum wage, even as ridiculously low as it is now.
Re: Union Bank Uyo Shut Down By NLC Youth Wing Due To Strike by Naijalastson(m): 3:11am On Sep 29, 2018
Wikinaija:
Due to the on going strike for increment in minimum wages NLC try’s to show government they are serious by closing down some stubborn government firm.

After Lagos airport was shutdown due to strike, Akwa Ibom State NLC youth wing also wasn’t left out in the face off with the government , they went to all government institutions and also to banks in the state to ensure that the seat at home order is strictly adhered to.Abeg make the NLC come help us in police we self wan go strike self

https://wiki9ja.com.ng/gists/union-bank-uyo-shut-down-by-nlc-youth-wing-due-to-strike
Re: Union Bank Uyo Shut Down By NLC Youth Wing Due To Strike by allytinted: 4:23am On Sep 29, 2018
norastan:
do transfer to someone else as simple as that
Its not that simple cos its a newly opened acc. and the atm is needed to activate the transfer process. My question is why would they go on strike at the end of the month when most people are yet to receive their salary?
Re: Union Bank Uyo Shut Down By NLC Youth Wing Due To Strike by Reference(m): 8:45am On Sep 29, 2018
echelons:

I do not know where you work anyway.
But where I do, immediately the minimum wage is implemented, our salaries are ratified. Increased by the percentage increment in the new wage structure.
And yes, I work with a private firm too.
Nigerian institutions are so weak, that's why a lot of institutions and businesses don't even pay their staff up to the minimum wage, even as ridiculously low as it is now.

Where you work, where you work.... I don't know how old you are but some day you will need to establish a business so that you can be a net contributor to society, then you will be able to seperate the wheat from the chaff and know the big difference between the narrow perspective the clamour for pay rise is and the clamour for good governance which is far better and makes for a more sustainable economy that supports good wages.

The company that employs you will not automatically prosper once a new minimum wage is announced. On the contrary it will hurt their bottom line even if they are into crude oil production and you will experience the backlash sooner than later, one way or the other. Expect tectonic shifts in the labour market as employers downsize to balance their books and the best and brightest move to the public sector to displace the dullards there currently angling for more money despite their low productivity.

We are definitely in for an economic crises and this government like its predecessors has not handled the matter wisely. Just like the fuel susbsidy regime any 'right pricing' of fuel, energy or wages should have been planned instalmentally and appropriately in tandem with inflation or as someone suggested, in tandem with the exchange rate (I disagree with the latter because our exchange rates are artificially deceptive and do not reflect the realities of our productivity as a nation).

Then these piece meal demands for wage increases will have been a good barometer for government to get serious about the economy. The UK does that. It tracks wages against inflation and it helps them manage their economy better. In Nigeria no one cares. They do nothing till a collapse is imminent or a tragedy has occurred. We blacks are just impossible.

1 Like

Re: Union Bank Uyo Shut Down By NLC Youth Wing Due To Strike by sexyanyabubakar(f): 9:54am On Sep 29, 2018
allytinted:
As if the implementation of the new minimum wage is the solution to whats facing us right now in the country. Increament in minimum wage will later result in increament of price of goods and services and we are back to square one. The most annoying is that those of us working with private organisation will suffer the lot. Salary is yet to enter since yesterday now cos of the.strike that its mininum wage wont reach us.

Re: Union Bank Uyo Shut Down By NLC Youth Wing Due To Strike by allytinted: 11:21am On Sep 29, 2018
[quote author=sexyanyabubakar post=71627230][/quote] How does the picture you posted relates to my rant up there? Smh
Re: Union Bank Uyo Shut Down By NLC Youth Wing Due To Strike by allytinted: 11:26am On Sep 29, 2018
Reference:

Where you work, where you work.... I don't know how old you are but some day you will need to establish a business so that you can be a net contributor to society, then you will be able to seperate the wheat from the chaff and know the big difference between the narrow perspective the clamour for pay rise is and the clamour for good governance which is far better and makes for a more sustainable economy that supports good wages.

The company that employs you will not automatically prosper once a new minimum wage is announced. On the contrary it will hurt their bottom line even if they are into crude oil production and you will experience the backlash sooner than later, one way or the other. Expect tectonic shifts in the labour market as employers downsize to balance their books and the best and brightest move to the public sector to displace the dullards there currently angling for more money despite their low productivity.

We are definitely in for an economic crises and this government like its predecessors has not handled the matter wisely. Just like the fuel susbsidy regime any 'right pricing' of fuel, energy or wages should have been planned instalmentally and appropriately in tandem with inflation or as someone suggested, in tandem with the exchange rate (I disagree with the latter because our exchange rates are artificially deceptive and do not reflect the realities of our productivity as a nation).

Then these piece meal demands for wage increases will have been a good barometer for government to get serious about the economy. The UK does that. It tracks wages against inflation and it helps them manage their economy better. In Nigeria no one cares. They do nothing till a collapse is imminent or a tragedy has occurred. We blacks are just impossible.
Well said sir. Intelligent people are still on nairaland afterall.
Re: Union Bank Uyo Shut Down By NLC Youth Wing Due To Strike by allytinted: 11:31am On Sep 29, 2018
Instead of demanding for good governance like subsidising agricultural goods and services, health care and major necessities that affects almost every citizen, they are demanding for a pay rise which the after effect will later make it redundant. Big NLC with small sense.
I'm out.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Firstbank Cardholders Record ₦1.18 Trillion In Transaction Value During Lockdown / Nigerian Naira And Its Value / Aliko Dangote Loses $7.8 Billion As Naira, Stocks Plunge -Forbes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.