Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,908 members, 7,821,154 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Police Kill Three Kidnappers, Rescue Senator’s Brother - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Kill Three Kidnappers, Rescue Senator’s Brother (719 Views)

Police Kill Two Robbery Suspects In Gun Battle In Delta State (Graphic Pic) / Police Kill Kidnap Kingpin, Rescue Abducted Director [graphic Photo] / PDP & APC Thugs Kill Three, Injure Others In Lagos (pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Police Kill Three Kidnappers, Rescue Senator’s Brother by AloyEmeka5: 12:05am On Jul 09, 2010
Police kill three kidnappers, rescue Senator’s brother
Home | News | Top Stories | Police kill three kidnappers, rescue Senator’s brother
Font size: Published 08/07/2010 06:00:00 Punchng

IF not for the prompt response of the Awka Ibom State Police Command, Chief Akpan Akpan, the elder brother to Sen. Effiong Bob, who represents Uyo Senatorial district in the National Assembly, would have been killed by gunmen suspected to be kidnappers.

The kidnappers were said to have besieged Akpan‘s house at Ikot Ekwere in Nsit Ubium Local Government of the state and whisked him to an unknown location.

Narrating his ordeal in the hands of his abductors on Wednesday at the Police headquarters, Akpan said the kidnappers knocked at his door while he was in the toilet. He added that when he came out, three men pointed AK-47 guns at him and asked for money.

He said immediately he queried his abductors, they pounced on him and instructed him to enter the boot of a black Mercedes Benz 190 with registration number AG 649 KET.

Akpan said, “I told the kidnappers that with my weight, I would not be able to enter the boot of the car. They lifted me up and forced me into the boot of the car and drove me to an unknown location.

“When they removed me from the boot, two of the kidnappers left with a motorcycle and others were with me inside the car. As the car was moving, the kidnappers increased the volume of the car radio.

“When we were going, they demanded N200m and I told them that I did not have that kind of money and one of them asked me to shut my mouth. He said, ‘is your brother not a senator?”

“I later found myself in Mminya Ntak village in Mkpat Enin Local Government Area of the state.”

The Commissioner of Police, Mr. Walter Rugbere, said three of the kidnappers were shot dead by the police during a shoot-out when his men raided their den.

Rugbere listed items recovered from the kidnappers to include four AK 47 rifles with 140 rounds of live ammunition, one black Mercedes Benz 190 with reg. No. AG 649 KET, one Q-Link motorcycle, some charms and two marks.

The police boss added that the kidnappers were suspected to be the brain behind series of kidnapping in the state, adding that the recovered car had been listed among most sought after items by the police.

Rugbere admitted that the use of motorcycles by most of the kidnappers was posing a serious problem for the police, saying in no time, the command would get to the root of kidnapping in the state.

“Motorcycles issue is becoming a problem to us. It is very difficult at times to pursue these criminals when they are on bikes because you will see them moving into a sharp corner in which the police patrol vehicles cannot go,” the CP said.

(1) (Reply)

Fugitive Day Care Owner's Surrender / Police Sergeant Sentenced To Death For Murder / Horror: Devil Led Us To Kill Our Brother – Suspect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.