Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,932 members, 7,817,721 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. (22262 Views)

Ambode Dumped By Idiat Adebule, Deputy Governor Of Lagos, For Sanwo-olu / Ambode Breaks Down In Tears As APC Bigwigs Settle For Sanwo-Olu - Pulse / Tinubu Instructed Us To Work For Sanwo-olu's Emergence As Governor -APC Elders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by BlacDonaldTrump(m): 1:01am On Sep 29, 2018
Ugosample:

Good governors you say??

His own government was terrible

Fashola's govt was just above average (by Nigerian standard sef )

And Ambode is a below average governor

let's face the truth

Is it not the same Lagos I know?

And let's look ar the other governors he foisted elsewhere

most of them are useless.

This country as a whole needs help

You just confused me with your analogy. Firstly, can you please explain to me how Jagaban's governance was terrible?
Secondly, how was Fashola's governance just above average?
Thirdly, which state can boast of a governor that has even performed better than 'Ambode' that has 'failed' according to Lagos state?

Thanks
Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by lexy2014: 1:01am On Sep 29, 2018
AZeD1:

Ambode was a local government worker all his life.
is that y he isn't a technocrat? Who exactly is a technocrat?
Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by Ugosample(m): 1:06am On Sep 29, 2018
OwoLee:

I expect nothing good from someone who's nursing hatred...Well, the truth is tinubu is relevant because he has supported good candidates at the expense of his close allies who he doesn't trust. All the people that were governor weren't any of his family members. They were people who have worked in Lagos state government and very active.
He's a fatherly figure and pioneer to the formation of the party at the center today, so he's to respected.
Tinubu wishes always allign with the people that's why people keep voting his candidates, our votes count. enough of unnecessary hatred on the man.

nursing hatred? ? cheesy grin

wetin concern me?
Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by deomelo: 1:13am On Sep 29, 2018
lexy2014:
is that y he isn't a technocrat?

Stop bothering me with your technocrat argument, if you think he is, more power to you.

Of what relevance is your technocrat headache? It made him a great or failed governor?

Find something better to argue over..
Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 1:19am On Sep 29, 2018
deomelo:

Stop bothering me with your technocrat argument, if you think he is, more power to you.

Of what relevance is your technocrat headache? It made him a great or failed governor?

Find something better to argue over..
Who is a TECHNOCRAT ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by xpset2(f): 1:26am On Sep 29, 2018
This people are taking this issue to far. I wonder what will become of them if Ambose eventually scale through?

At your free time, always go here for SPORT NEWS
Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by shotuns: 1:50am On Sep 29, 2018
Youth,/ younger blood with playstation and we expect the country to move forward.
Please something important Is being discussed here.
metchwwww. . . .

Holywizard:
I thought that PSP meant Play Station Portable.

'like' if u thought so
Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by deomelo: 2:05am On Sep 29, 2018
New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist

Safety concerns are mounting as armed robbers pillage stuck cars while police are far away. Security experts reckon this is symptomatic of a broader increase in organised crime under a new and less competent state government.

Lagos is a hub for investors in Africa—it is a bigger economy in its own right than most countries on the continent, so this is of serious concern. The state’s former governor, Babatunde Fashola, who left office after elections in March, was lauded for improving traffic and security. He curbed dangerous motorbike taxis and brought local “area boys” (street children), under control. Cars were terrified into order by a state traffic agency, LASTMA, whose bribe-hungry officers flagged down offending drivers.

His successor, Akinwunmi Ambode, is full of excuses, but few solutions, for the worsening gridlock. Traffic is always bad during the rains, he says. Nigerians are migrating to Lagos en masse in search of work in a worsening economy, his office adds. Yet the root of the problem is in policy: Mr Ambode cut the powers of traffic controllers by banning them from impounding cars. In retaliation, officers have refused to enforce the rules.

Reform in a culture riddled with corruption is never easy. Mr Ambode’s office says the measure was intended to create a more “civil society”. Less fastidious types think it amounts to weakness, and would prefer that he focused on public transport instead. The biggest concern is that the gridlock is a sign of a breakdown in relations between security forces, government agencies and the new governor. If that is the case, there could be worse to come. That is bad news not only for Lagosians, but all Nigerians too.

http://www.economist.com/news/middle-east-and-africa/21677665-why-nigerias-largest-city-even-less-navigable-usual-paralysed?fsrc=scn%2Ftw%2Fte%2Fpe%2Fed%2Fparalysed

Back in 2017.

Even the Economist noticed Ambode's gross incompetence.

The Economised saw what I saw back in 2017, way before Sanwo-Olu and the APC.
How sad and pathetic....

2 Likes

Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by Nobody: 2:13am On Sep 29, 2018
deomelo:

Fashola was not only a lawyer, he was Tinubu's chief of staff, he practically managed Tinubu's administration and the whole state in general.

Fashola with others within Tinubu's administration developed the state's master plan, the same master plan the useless and incompetent Ambode is destroying.

You Igbos love to run your ignorant mouth about Lagos, but you know nothing about Lagos state.

I don't like quoting ppl especially on nairaland because this forum has bcom so bastardised with childish utterances and behaviours.
I am tempted to quote u and state my observation. Y can't u make ur points without being personal and insulting?
A guy above asked u who is a technocrat nd u dd answer.
Being technocrate has nothing to do with ones course of study at d university.
Here is the simple definition of the term:
'technical expert, especially one in a managerial or administrative position'
Little most matured guys that I know hardly comment on nairaland
Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by Ajibel(m): 2:30am On Sep 29, 2018
Taich:

Thanks so much, a least I can read some unbiased stuffs online about Ambode saga.

You may want to read this too

https://www.nairaland.com/4755448/muiz-banire-why-ambode-doesnt

1 Like

Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by deomelo: 2:41am On Sep 29, 2018
Eaa247:

I don't like quoting ppl especially on nairaland because this forum has bcom so bastardised with childish utterances and behaviours.
I am tempted to quote u and state my observation. Y can't u make ur points without being personal and insulting?
A guy above asked u who is a technocrat nd u dd answer.
Being technocrate has nothing to do with ones course of study at d university.
Here is the simple definition of the term:
'technical expert, especially one in a managerial or administrative position'
Little most matured guys that I know hardly comment on nairaland

1. Look at the caption below, another poster called Ambode a technocrat and I corrected that poster that Ambode is not a technocrat but was a state accountant.

Obviously, you did not take the time out to read and comprehend what's being said by who, you just ignorantly jumped into the discussion with rubbish.

2. You said being a technocrat has nothing to do with one's course of study at any university., but why not show me where I stated otherwise.

Obviously, you did not take the time out to read and comprehend what's being said by who, you just ignorantly jumped into the discussion with rubbish.

3. If you are going to argue with me about anything, argue based on what I said, not what you ignorantly did not properly read and comprehend or your own made up nonsense.

4. I said ambode is not a technocrat and he was just a state accountant working under Fashola as an accountant and in fact, Fashola sacked him because he was incompetent.

You call yourself matured, but you are still incapable and unable to read, comprehend and follow simple internet discussion or formulate a sensible and rational judgment.

Read and comprehend properly before your next post.

1 Like

Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by AZeD1(m): 2:52am On Sep 29, 2018
lexy2014:
is that y he isn't a technocrat? Who exactly is a technocrat?

A technocrat is a scientist, engineer, or other expert who is one of a group of similar people who have political power as well as technical knowledge.

Definition from Cambridge Dictionary.

So is Ambode a Technocrat?
Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by larivers: 3:07am On Sep 29, 2018
Hello guys, please let's not make light of this situation or predication we found ourselves as a state/Country.
Lagos state Socioeconomic rating has dropped a lot. I understand Fashola or Tinubu may have had some excess, but there was progression and the standard or living in Lagos was all high.
Right now under Ambode, there's too many potholes in Lagos, Bad roads and Abandoned projects.
Take the Abule-Egba to Oshodi road project or the Agege project, or the Lagos Badagry road (Thats a real mess) the people are practically going through a lot. The bus park projects also do not seem to add much value to the state, basically beautification of Lagos - we need the basics road and electricity simple.

And with the Debacle of sacking a priest due to non-preferential treatment to his wife, i hope his sins catch up with him if it's true.

Please make your vote count, ignorance is not an excuse vote wisely

1 Like

Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by deomelo: 3:23am On Sep 29, 2018
AZeD1:

A technocrat is a scientist, engineer, or other expert who is one of a group of similar people who have political power as well as technical knowledge.

They obviously don't know the meaning and they are too mentally lazy to learn.
Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by nairalandbuzz(m): 3:37am On Sep 29, 2018
Taich:

Please what was his sin?

Everything started when he sacked a Pastor just because the pastor did not recognise his wife when she came in during preaching

1 Like

Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by deomelo: 3:40am On Sep 29, 2018
Fashola's First Term. Ambode Is Incompetent. Reasons And PICS.

https://www.nairaland.com/4734320/fasholas-first-term-ambode-incompetent

Fashola's largest budget was less than N500 billion

Ambode's budget is N1 trillion

This thread with Fashola's achievements in his first term defines ambode's incompetence and it's sad and heartbreaking.
Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by seguno2: 3:53am On Sep 29, 2018
otherway:
Sometimes we need to think deep.

Godfatherism is everywhere but let's face It, Tinubu has managed to present good governors to Lagosians and I mean real technocrat whilst he maintains the political structure making it a win-win situation.

Why did he try to take down Fashola in 2010 if he is only concerned about good governance and not the corruption of his pocket
Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by seguno2: 3:56am On Sep 29, 2018
deomelo:
Fashola's largest budget was less than N500 billion

Ambode's budget is N1 trillion

This thread with Fashola's achievements in his first term defines ambode's incompetence and it's sad and heartbreaking.

How much is Buhari’s budget compared with Jonathan’s
What have the people felt except hunger and poverty despite the trillions and trillions in budget?
The stealing and corruption under Buhari and APC is unprecedented in our country.
Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by seguno2: 3:59am On Sep 29, 2018
AZeD1:

Mr. Cambridge, is Fashola a technocrat
Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by deomelo: 4:01am On Sep 29, 2018
[s]
seguno2:

How much is Buhari’s budget compared with Jonathan’s
What have the people felt except hunger and poverty despite the trillions and trillions in budget?
The stealing and corruption under Buhari and APC is unprecedented in our country.
[/s]

The topic is about Lagos state, not PMB or worthless stealing is not corruption jona.

Start your own thread to discuss your own irrelevant nonsense..
Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by deomelo: 4:02am On Sep 29, 2018
[s]
seguno2:

[/s]

Show us where Fashola was labeled a technocrat.

Learn how to read and comprehend.
Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by AZeD1(m): 4:36am On Sep 29, 2018
seguno2:

I just put the definition of Technocrat up there.
Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by eurogee: 4:37am On Sep 29, 2018
You must be blind, Ewu
Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by eurogee: 4:45am On Sep 29, 2018
Your summary is as useless as you. Nothing but trash!

WritePal:
Yes, Ambode decided to chart his own path and not be subjected to the whims and caprices of the so-called state leaders like Banire and Fashola. After all, he's an elected exec governor, not their boy, and deserves his own respect too.

Yes, Ambode is not perfect, but neutrals know he's sincere, broad-minded (can't really say so of Fashola) and focused on his own vision (not Banire's or Fashola's unsolicited blueprint).

But you know the real issues why all the sudden noise about Sanwo-Olu (a man from the 'system' according to Banire)? It's the PSP. operators. They are actually not private enterpreneurs. They are members of the Mandate Group Fashola compensated with a regular flow of massive income through the PSP-Lawma arrangement.

So when Ambode decided to modernize waste mgt as it's done in Western country (He didn't get it right initially, but would eventually after all the teething problems), they revolted. How can Ambode remove their source of monthly multi million income generation?

Forget all the yadayada about potholes, bridge and blah, blah. They are all smokescreen. The real issues are the PSP operators who are the APC delegate/foot soldiers and members of the Mandate Group (some of them are here on Nairaland. I suspect deomelo is one).

They've got assurance from Sanwo-Olu that he will restore back their honey pot and continue with Fashola's policies. And Tinubu doesn't want to go against them as they're his subjects he relies on to continue his political relevance in Lagos.

THIS IS THE SUMMARY. DON'T BE CARRIED AWAY BY SMOKE.
Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by Livefreeordieha(m): 4:59am On Sep 29, 2018
WritePal:
Yes, Ambode decided to chart his own path and not be subjected to the whims and caprices of the so-called state leaders like Banire and Fashola. After all, he's an elected exec governor, not their boy, and deserves his own respect too.

Yes, Ambode is not perfect, but neutrals know he's sincere, broad-minded (can't really say so of Fashola) and focused on his own vision (not Banire's or Fashola's unsolicited blueprint).

But you know the real issues why all the sudden noise about Sanwo-Olu (a man from the 'system' according to Banire)? It's the PSP. operators. They are actually not private enterpreneurs. They are members of the Mandate Group Fashola compensated with a regular flow of massive income through the PSP-Lawma arrangement.

So when Ambode decided to modernize waste mgt as it's done in Western country (He didn't get it right initially, but would eventually after all the teething problems), they revolted. How can Ambode remove their source of monthly multi million income generation?

Forget all the yadayada about potholes, bridge and blah, blah. They are all smokescreen. The real issues are the PSP operators who are the APC delegate/foot soldiers and members of the Mandate Group (some of them are here on Nairaland. I suspect deomelo is one).

They've got assurance from Sanwo-Olu that he will restore back their honey pot and continue with Fashola's policies. And Tinubu doesn't want to go against them as they're his subjects he relies on to continue his political relevance in Lagos.

THIS IS THE SUMMARY. DON'T BE CARRIED AWAY BY SMOKE.
write pal u wrote well..
Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by Lush100(m): 5:25am On Sep 29, 2018
free? for how long? not a sustainable action
Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by atobs4real(m): 5:37am On Sep 29, 2018
Sultty:
See mumu's they are running from fry pan to fire. The day u stop believing/assume to know what promises politicians will fulfill, that's d day u become wiser
You are not in Lagos. So keep shut
Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by IbrahimDamola: 5:53am On Sep 29, 2018
otherway:

Sometimes we need to think deep.

Godfatherism is everywhere but let's face It, Tinubu has managed to present good governors to Lagosians and I mean real technocrat whilst he maintains the political structure making it a win-win situation.

My dear yoroober muslim brother, then why not throw away your pvcs since one man Thiefnuubu decides your leaders fuedally. What is the essence standing in the rain and sun to vote and even probably get shot or killed by thugs or police stray bullets?

Why do we love deceiving ourselves and calling ourselves democrats when all know we are simply feudalists just like abookis. The true democrats and republicans are the Igbos. No buffoon can come out decide for every man. True democrats they are.
Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by Holywizard: 6:00am On Sep 29, 2018
U dey craze!
Waka! Shege!! Banza!!!
What's so important about Nigerian politics?
If u don't know I'm tired of being a Nigerian
shotuns:
Youth,/ younger blood with playstation and we expect the country to move forward.
Please something important Is being discussed here.
metchwwww. . . .

Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by gambit10: 6:12am On Sep 29, 2018
Kamelot77:
Lagos state = tinubu state

You read the news and this is your response.... how old are you sir?
Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by gambit10: 6:14am On Sep 29, 2018
Taich:

Please what was his sin?

Have you been moving around Lagos??
Did you read the news ?
Who are these people God !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos Of Governor Umar Ganduje And Other All Set To Welcome Buhari To Kano / Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina / $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.