Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Urgent: Wall Partitioning Expert Quote Needed - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Urgent: Wall Partitioning Expert Quote Needed (5715 Views)

Quote Needed For Work Awarding / Office Partitioning / Roofing Quote Needed Asap "Please" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent: Wall Partitioning Expert Quote Needed by stkris(m): 4:10am On Jul 09, 2010
Alright, heres the deal. i need to get a small office space partitioned in lagos right away. i have recieved a few quotes from lagos, which i think are rather bogus. i'm hoping someone here with the proper expertise can offer a reasonable deal, and we can work from there.

description: its a rectangular open floor space of about 20 by 30 feet with two pillars about 10 ft. apart in the middle. i have attached a rough hand sketch of the intended floor plan after partitioning. it is not drawn to scale, but just an illustration for the sake of getting a quote; so please visually estimate the dimensions based on the sketch.

i'm looking towards wood work, but i'm open to better suggestions if any besides concrete. there will be 5 doors in total needed in it.

this is located on opebi rd, off allen avenue, ikeja, lagos. please tell me what you can offer based on this description; however vague it may seem now, i'll furnish more details if needed. any tips from fellow nlanders will be appreciated. thanks

Re: Urgent: Wall Partitioning Expert Quote Needed by stkris(m): 2:36pm On Jul 09, 2010
anyone?
Re: Urgent: Wall Partitioning Expert Quote Needed by smlafolabi(m): 2:47pm On Jul 09, 2010
Use glass and aluminium for the job my number is 08032888265 call me i can do a very good job for u.
Re: Urgent: Wall Partitioning Expert Quote Needed by oduz: 4:43pm On Jul 09, 2010
@ poster, kris try & get the design (it could just be a proportional sketch that will not take more than a day) right first, otherwise u may be comparing oranges with apples, note that aluminum can hardly be cheaper than wood .
Your brief for a design would require you to answer a few critical questions which is not ideal for this thread(e.g purpose, preferred ht. window sizes, anticipated furniture sizes, ventilation requirements , etc) you may reach me on:

arcmedia007@yahoo.com
Re: Urgent: Wall Partitioning Expert Quote Needed by smlafolabi(m): 6:45pm On Jul 09, 2010
aluminium partitioning is ideal for office than wood.you will hardly see any office these days with wood .let me know your budget for the project
Re: Urgent: Wall Partitioning Expert Quote Needed by trisurface: 8:06pm On Jul 09, 2010
St. Kris,
The following Facts & Assumptions arise:-
1) @ 20x30ft, U have the equivalent of 6x9mts.
2) The 3 small sections btwn the existing Pillars MUST fit into 10ft or 3m Breadth. Except for storage space, this is quite small.
3)The Diagram suggests to me that Ur Total Partition lenght will be about 75ft or 22m, starting from the wall that carries ur entrance. This is a lot for Wood or even Aluminum
4) There's no mention of the height of your Office or Height that the Partition will reach. This is critical to arriving at a material cost.
5)Wood is not bad if U're willing to think a bit. I've achieved spectacular finishes by spraying Plywood with Vehicle finishes or stained lacquer.
6) Plasterboard is not a Bad option dependent on what Ur office space is for.
7) Aluminum/Glass is Hard on the eye. its got clean lines, but is not inspiring to look at. Wood is more interesting but requires some imagination. Plasterboard can be classy, but the framework in it must be perfect.
I'm available to throw more light or quote/work for U, but certain info must be supplied.
Pls reach me online at rnvtia@yahoo.com
Re: Urgent: Wall Partitioning Expert Quote Needed by stkris(m): 4:38am On Jul 10, 2010
thanks guys for your responses, i will email u guys that posted emails some more details, and a pic of the space. for the purpose of the place, i have reviewed and determined that aluminium will not work coz of its fusion with glass; owing to privacy issues.

plus it is a little too formal for the intended purpose. so i guess it has to be wood or something in that category like plasterboard as suggested above. Considering that i live in an all wood house thats 100 years old, i dont see why wood shouldnt work. any other suggestions will be appreciated. thanks
Re: Urgent: Wall Partitioning Expert Quote Needed by stkris(m): 11:50pm On Jul 10, 2010
email sent.
Re: Urgent: Wall Partitioning Expert Quote Needed by stkris(m): 9:24pm On Jul 18, 2010
any quotes or suggestions are still welcomed
Re: Urgent: Wall Partitioning Expert Quote Needed by smlafolabi(m): 8:41am On Jul 21, 2010
1,You can use Aluminium profile with Alucobest for some parts
2,Use plywood for the store
3,use frameless glass partitioning for the show glass part
4,Or even use sandblasted frameless glass for the office and clear frameless glass for the show room
It is even cheaper. But why not let me come and take a look at the place and discuss with you on how best we can utilise your resourses to obtain maximum and befitting output. here are some pictures or the job we have done my number is 08032888265

Re: Urgent: Wall Partitioning Expert Quote Needed by stkris(m): 3:37am On Jul 23, 2010
@smlafolabi
thanks for your response, i will contact you on the number provided. however, i must reiterate that glass wont work for its purpose. i'm looking towards wood or something along its lines. thanks

(1) (Reply)

Cheap 5bedroom Duplex For Sale In Chevy View 55m +pic / Detail Analysis Of A 3 Bedroom Flat / Storey Building Collapses At Sabo-Yaba In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.