Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,635 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Why I Resigned As Minister And Quit Apc, Mama Taraba Opens Up - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Resigned As Minister And Quit Apc, Mama Taraba Opens Up (690 Views)

Why I Resigned As Minister Of Power - Barth Nnaji / Aisha Alhassan 'Mama Taraba' Resigns As Minister (Resignation Letter) / APC Disqualifies Aisha Alhassan 'Mama Taraba' From Seeking Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Why I Resigned As Minister And Quit Apc, Mama Taraba Opens Up by bamideleafolabi: 9:06am On Sep 29, 2018
The Minister of Women Affairs, Senator Aisha Alhassan has resigned her membership of the APC and also quit the Buhari government as a Minister.

In her letter to the President dated 29th September, 2018, the former Minister thanked Buhari for the opportunity to serve.

She recalled how she was duly screened and cleared before her appointment and how she also notified the President of her interest in contesting forĀ  the Governorship seat in her state, Taraba.

She stated that all through her sojourn up to collection of form and mobilisation for the Presidential and Gubernatorial primaries, she kept the President in the know.

She was however taken aback when she was disqualified by the party from contesting the Governorship seat and more troubled when no reason was given.

According to her, it would be out of place for her to remain as a Minister in the government when the party that formed the government does not find her qualified to be a governor. Based on this, she resigned her post as a Minister.

She also resigned her membership of the party, APC. In the letter quitting the party, copy of which was also made available to abujareporters, she stated her disappointment at being disqualified from contesting as a Governorship aspirant while no tangible reason was given by the party leadership. She claimed she felt betrayed unjustly treated and let down by the party.

See her resignation letter

Re: Why I Resigned As Minister And Quit Apc, Mama Taraba Opens Up by Mynd44: 9:08am On Sep 29, 2018

(1)

Super Tucano : Game Changer Or Pilot Killer? / Atiku VP : Why The South East Remain The Biggest Political Block / It Costs More To Ship Goods To Nigeria From The US Than Any Other Destination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.