Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,650 members, 7,816,665 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

'Buhari Is My Boss Aside My Wife' – David Umahi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Buhari Is My Boss Aside My Wife' – David Umahi (21995 Views)

Why I Respect Buhari So Much – David Umahi / David Umahi: Peter Obi Is Competent To Be VP But... / Obasanjo Tipped David Umahi As Next Igbo President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Buhari Is My Boss Aside My Wife' – David Umahi by Hirter18147: 10:59am On Sep 29, 2018
Buhari is the Boss aside my wife – Gov. David Umahi

“I want to state that aside my wife, President Muhammadu Buhari is my friend and my only boss,’’ Governor David Umahi of Ebonyi, has said.

He said that President Buhari should be respected by Nigerians because of his status as the president.

He said he is not ashamed to be President Buhari’s friend despite belonging to the opposition People Democratic Party (PDP).

“Buhari as the President, is the symbol of the country just as the governors are mini-presidents in their respective states.

“The fact is that as a human being, he might not be doing everything correctly, but the citizens owe him prayers and understanding to lead the country aright.

“I have said repeatedly that I don’t have to insult him to show that I am a PDP member and it is not my duty as a governor to insult the president.

“This does not mean that I do not identify with the ideals of the PDP, but it must be stated that those who say they are supporting Buhari in Ebonyi are only deceiving the people,” he said.

Umahi vowed to name a prime project, one of the best world’s glass tunnel, after his friend, President Muhammadu Buhari.

The governor said the one and half kilometres glass tunnel it is constructing after Buhari.

Umahi said on Friday night in Abakaliki during the quarterly media chat/ dinner as part of celebrations to mark the nation’s 58th anniversary and 22nd year of the state’s creation, noting that their relationship was beyond politics.

The governor noted that the opposition in the state was only interested in his job and not genuinely supporting the president, vowing not to allow them to take the position from him.

“The northern senatorial zone of the state produced a governor who served for eight years; the central zone did the same and the southern zone where I hail from should be allowed to complete its eight-year tenure.

“This is the tripod on which the state’s equity rests and even though a sitting governor wanted to truncate it, God brought a David in my person to ensure it was maintained and it will be maintained till the end,” he said.

Umahi urged Nigerians to realise that power comes from God and to check the brazen quest for political offices which has brought several problems to the country.

“Politicking has recklessly taken the centre stage in the nation’s affairs and if such is not checked for the next four years, it would be difficult for the country to handle its consequences.

“The common man in the country just needs food on his table as politics has become a means of profiteering even from those who have nothing to offer to the people,” he said.

The governor, who took time to enumerate his administration’s strides in the areas of infrastructure, agriculture, education, heath, human empowerment, among others, noted that his decision to modernise the state capital was irreversible.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that media practitioners from within and outside the state, took turns to ask several questions bordering on the state’ s existence and made general comments, at the occasion. (NAN)

https://www.viktorblog.com/2018/09/29/buhari-is-the-boss-aside-my-wife-gov-david-umahi/

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Buhari Is My Boss Aside My Wife' – David Umahi by daviesblaze(m): 11:05am On Sep 29, 2018
this fuckin billy beta asslicker again undecided IPOB Behold thine invention

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'Buhari Is My Boss Aside My Wife' – David Umahi by murphyibiam15(m): 11:12am On Sep 29, 2018
fear of federal might.
At least this one is so sensible not to fight powers greater than him aka the presidency unlike fayose that has been humiliated..

he's also better than figures like Wike who are working for the presidency and want to destroy PDP by all means

thanks for your sincerity Governor Umahi

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 'Buhari Is My Boss Aside My Wife' – David Umahi by murphyibiam15(m): 11:17am On Sep 29, 2018
daviesblaze:
this fuckin billy beta asslicker again undecided
how far with those that didn't lick it..he's only been wise to choose his fight rightly..if not you can ask PDP in Ekiti and Osun

remember the 48 laws of power

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 'Buhari Is My Boss Aside My Wife' – David Umahi by Bluezy13(m): 11:21am On Sep 29, 2018
murphyibiam15:

how far with those that didn't lick it..he's only been wise to choose his fight rightly..if not you can ask PDP in Ekiti and Osun

Erroneous interpretation of the laws.
There is a difference between licking it and pretending to lick it for the purpose of strategizing for favourable political prowess, but not to the detriment of your followers.

That's what the laws of power factually implied.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Buhari Is My Boss Aside My Wife' – David Umahi by hisgrace090: 11:23am On Sep 29, 2018
Thank you Mr gov, this behaviour of yours I know will always benefit your people.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Buhari Is My Boss Aside My Wife' – David Umahi by daviesblaze(m): 11:28am On Sep 29, 2018
murphyibiam15:

He ain't playing the role of the court jester right. remember, never commit to anyone

1 Like

Re: 'Buhari Is My Boss Aside My Wife' – David Umahi by murphyibiam15(m): 11:33am On Sep 29, 2018
Bluezy13:

There is a difference between licking it and pretending to lick it for the purpose of strategizing for favourable political prowess, but not to the detriment of your followers.

That's what the laws of power factually implied.
see whether he licks it or not doesnt affect the ordinary Ebonyi citizen as they have nothing to gain from his critics of the president..

what has Ekiti gotten from Fayose's critics...nothing..
so I see no fault here

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Buhari Is My Boss Aside My Wife' – David Umahi by murphyibiam15(m): 11:34am On Sep 29, 2018
daviesblaze:
He ain't playing the role of the court jester right. remember, never commit to anyone
I understand never commit to anyone sth..but here is Africa and Buhari is bound to win again come 2019,,even if he does lose he will shift loyalty..so simple ...I'm sure lalasticlala and mynd44 will agree to this

1 Like

Re: 'Buhari Is My Boss Aside My Wife' – David Umahi by Bluezy13(m): 11:39am On Sep 29, 2018
murphyibiam15:

see whether he licks it or not doesnt affect the ordinary Ebonyi citizen as they have nothing to gain from his critics of the president..

what has Ekiti gotten from Fayose's critics...nothing..
so I see no fault here

I'm not after his political prowess, personality or recognition in relation to his opponents or the people of Ebonyi state as a whole. It is solely none of my business.

I'm after your misrepresentation of the referenced Laws of Power.

3 Likes

Re: 'Buhari Is My Boss Aside My Wife' – David Umahi by daviesblaze(m): 11:41am On Sep 29, 2018
murphyibiam15:

I understand never commit to anyone sth..but here is Africa and Buhari is bound to win again come 2019,,even if he does lose he will shift loyalty..so simple
IMO, he shouldn't have given the impression of commiting. he would just be converted to a doormat to be walk over on plus, power is easily transferrable within the realm if you know what i mean.
Re: 'Buhari Is My Boss Aside My Wife' – David Umahi by Bluezy13(m): 11:42am On Sep 29, 2018
murphyibiam15:

I understand never commit to anyone sth..but here is Africa and Buhari is bound to win again come 2019,,even if he does lose he will shift loyalty..so simple

Then you should not have referenced the Laws of Power in an attempt to drive home your point.

1 Like

Re: 'Buhari Is My Boss Aside My Wife' – David Umahi by chansmokers: 12:16pm On Sep 29, 2018
With statements like this coming from an opposition governor, it's better not to vote in 2019. Pdp governors are working for buhari.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Buhari Is My Boss Aside My Wife' – David Umahi by murphyibiam15(m): 12:35pm On Sep 29, 2018
Bluezy13:

I'm not after his political prowess, personality or recognition in relation to his opponents or the people of Ebonyi state as a whole. It is solely none of my business.

I'm after your misrepresentation of the referenced Laws of Power.
cool..understood.. but we all have choices to make and I think I rightly made his from his on judgement
Re: 'Buhari Is My Boss Aside My Wife' – David Umahi by Ucbiu(m): 3:51pm On Sep 29, 2018
Recharge&get paid is here buy your recharge card, data, and TV subscription from me. If you want to register also contact me Usman 08036891984
Re: 'Buhari Is My Boss Aside My Wife' – David Umahi by Egein(m): 3:51pm On Sep 29, 2018
Not even God? Idio.t.
Re: 'Buhari Is My Boss Aside My Wife' – David Umahi by Nobody: 3:52pm On Sep 29, 2018
Lolzzzz

I have always said it that these guys are not igbos....

They should be moved to north central under arewa...

With Increasing numbers of Muslim to about 55% in ebonyi I see no reason why that state will still be under SE

Hausa fulanis.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Buhari Is My Boss Aside My Wife' – David Umahi by deebsman1(m): 3:53pm On Sep 29, 2018
This guy will work for Buhari 2019, take it to the bank

1 Like

Re: 'Buhari Is My Boss Aside My Wife' – David Umahi by Macmoni(m): 3:54pm On Sep 29, 2018
Defection loading

1 Like

Re: 'Buhari Is My Boss Aside My Wife' – David Umahi by Luckyroro(m): 3:54pm On Sep 29, 2018
Hmm
Re: 'Buhari Is My Boss Aside My Wife' – David Umahi by otunde527: 3:55pm On Sep 29, 2018
True

Even those who hated him most still has buharis picture in their office

They've gat no option

Get your rmb @ #48
Re: 'Buhari Is My Boss Aside My Wife' – David Umahi by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 29, 2018
I said it before Ebonyi na apc...

They can't deny their hausa fulani blood.
Re: 'Buhari Is My Boss Aside My Wife' – David Umahi by Omeokachie: 3:57pm On Sep 29, 2018
Where is the place of God in your life?

He wants the APC to go soft on him so he can complete his 2nd term without the deployment of "federal might" as used in Ekiti and Osun.

Eye service gone wrong.
Re: 'Buhari Is My Boss Aside My Wife' – David Umahi by Philinho(m): 3:57pm On Sep 29, 2018
That is your cup of tea.... If you had never for once advised him about his wrongs in power then you are a hypocrite ....
Re: 'Buhari Is My Boss Aside My Wife' – David Umahi by jaxxy(m): 3:58pm On Sep 29, 2018
Sycophants
Re: 'Buhari Is My Boss Aside My Wife' – David Umahi by Mahsums: 3:58pm On Sep 29, 2018
Ipob pigs right now

6 Likes

Re: 'Buhari Is My Boss Aside My Wife' – David Umahi by Ategberoson(m): 3:59pm On Sep 29, 2018
Igbo grin

if buhari wins 2019, this guy will definitely cross to APC, if akpabio old PDP member can cross, then who's umahi that can't crossed?

this is the third time he will be singing buhari praises

5 Likes

Re: 'Buhari Is My Boss Aside My Wife' – David Umahi by martowskin1(m): 4:00pm On Sep 29, 2018
chansmokers:
With statements like this coming from an opposition governor, it's better not to vote in 2019. Pdp governors are working for buhari.

Must everything be fight or competition?

The governor happened to be one of the smartest for now, he cares about giving his people the best not the stupid Nigeria political fight

6 Likes

Re: 'Buhari Is My Boss Aside My Wife' – David Umahi by Eberechi24(f): 4:01pm On Sep 29, 2018
Why do we find everything annoying? I watch his media chat on channel TV.His speech is very diplomatic and sound.
Let's keep politics of bitterness aside, Buhari is the boss of all governors irrespective of your party in Nigeria.

Gov. Umahi plays politics of maturity and not of bitterness. He understand that the interest of his people come first not party loyalists/wailers.
Umahi for the kiss kiss kiss

11 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku Congratulates Super Eagles For Qualifying For AFCON 2019 / Okorocha: I Gave The Name APC / 2023: I Budgeted N50m For APC Form, Says Ngige

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.