Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,112 members, 7,957,153 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 08:08 AM

Labour Yields To Fg’s Pressure, May Call Off Strike Monday - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Labour Yields To Fg’s Pressure, May Call Off Strike Monday (41175 Views)

Demolition: Lagos Yields To Pleas, Gives Property Owners Options To ......... / SSANU, NASU To Commence Two-Week Warning Strike Monday / Northern Traders Call-Off Strike, Say FG Agreed To Pay N4.75bn Compensation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Labour Yields To Fg’s Pressure, May Call Off Strike Monday by IsaAbubakar: 6:24am On Sep 30, 2018
PassingShot:
Buhari is a criminal
cool
Re: Labour Yields To Fg’s Pressure, May Call Off Strike Monday by blackpanda: 6:25am On Sep 30, 2018
Humblega:
I wonder how long u want multi million private bussiness oriented private company like banks to stay in strike.....

Government workers have nothing to lose if d strike continue for months but private businesses......

They should av simply given those 1 a waver bcs dey might not b comfortable staying of work for more dan 2 days....

It yaff well

So in other words, govt workers should suffer for d benefit of the super rich banks abi
But wen they get the minimum wage the bank staff would also expect to benefit. So who shld be the fool

U think govt workers don't have their lives to cater for. No be d same market, hospitals and mechanics all of us de go

1 Like

Re: Labour Yields To Fg’s Pressure, May Call Off Strike Monday by Nobody: 6:26am On Sep 30, 2018
seunmsg:
It is an unnecessary strike to start with. Labour movement should face the current fiscal realities of the country and stop making unrealistic demands. Even if FG find a way to accommodate a minimum wage of N56k, state governments can never meet up.

The more realistic option is to allow each tiers of government determine what they can pay based on available resources. Forcing N56,000 down the throat of all tiers of government will backfire.
Exactly, the issue here are the state government, they can't even pay 18k, not to talk of 50k.

2 Likes

Re: Labour Yields To Fg’s Pressure, May Call Off Strike Monday by abrahym(m): 6:28am On Sep 30, 2018
This should be call off.. Really affecting business
Re: Labour Yields To Fg’s Pressure, May Call Off Strike Monday by otunde527: 6:29am On Sep 30, 2018
From day one the strike wasn't effective

Get your rmb with us now at a cheaper rate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Labour Yields To Fg’s Pressure, May Call Off Strike Monday by MVLOX(m): 6:30am On Sep 30, 2018
The NLC are a group of clueless people.... they went on strike to protest the increase in minimum wage when state governments cant even pay the current minimum wage. where have they been all this while when states couldnt pay salaries spanning months.... why didnt they shut down the governments of those states? useless people.

1 Like

Re: Labour Yields To Fg’s Pressure, May Call Off Strike Monday by meobizy(f): 6:38am On Sep 30, 2018
I accurately predicted this thing will come to an end on Monday/Tuesday. It was strategically placed for the strike participants to feel the least brunt of their actions.
When I heard banks were about to join I cursed fate for making me Nigerian. I thank God it was only a short exercise, probably carried out by banking organizations to get some rest.
Re: Labour Yields To Fg’s Pressure, May Call Off Strike Monday by BruncleZuma: 6:39am On Sep 30, 2018
I wonder how Oshiomole managed to get into politics so quickly... grin grin grin grin
Re: Labour Yields To Fg’s Pressure, May Call Off Strike Monday by MALAGI6210: 6:42am On Sep 30, 2018
IsaAbubakar:
lol this people taught they're in Jonathan's regime where their voices are being heard

if you like protest till God knows when
the terrorist in aso rock don't care
wetin concern him
he know wetin be strike before?

i wonder why my fellow Muslims keeps supporting evil and terrorism like Buhari and his useless family.

any Muslim supporting this man call Buhari will face the consequences and wrath of Allah Insha'Allah amin.

kiss the truth

Assalamualaikum my people
greetings from sheikh Isa Abubakar Usman from kebbi

if your father is called names how will fill?
Re: Labour Yields To Fg’s Pressure, May Call Off Strike Monday by holluphemydavid(m): 6:43am On Sep 30, 2018
Hope dis strike will not just go in vain
Re: Labour Yields To Fg’s Pressure, May Call Off Strike Monday by ifex370(m): 6:48am On Sep 30, 2018
PassingShot:
Strike is not always the solution. It should ONLY be used where every attempt at resolving issues has FAILED.

NLC was wrong on this particular case. Negotiations were still ongoing and a deadlock had not been declared. After all, the triparte committee had even promised to reconvene before the strike action was embarked upon.

If any government has shown seriousness to the welfare of the Nigerian workers, it is this present FG.

This regime has approved and paid a lot of billions of naira it inherited from past governments (e.g, Nigerian Railways retirees, pensioners, 20 billion naira recently released for universities, etc.).

Lastly, NLC should not expect a minimum wage of N100k because not all states are even paying the current N38k minimum wage. I think N50k should be an ideal minimum wage (fyi, minimum wage is for entry level cleaner, driver, messenger, etc.) and each state should jerk it up as per their ability/resources.

What are you even saying? undecided
Re: Labour Yields To Fg’s Pressure, May Call Off Strike Monday by Ihateyoumod: 6:48am On Sep 30, 2018
PassingShot:
Strike is not always the solution. It should ONLY be used where every attempt at resolving issues has FAILED.

NLC was wrong on this particular case. Negotiations were still ongoing and a deadlock had not been declared. After all, the triparte committee had even promised to reconvene before the strike action was embarked upon.

If any government has shown seriousness to the welfare of the Nigerian workers, it is this present FG.

This regime has approved and paid a lot of billions of naira it inherited from past governments (e.g, Nigerian Railways retirees, pensioners, 20 billion naira recently released for universities, etc.).

Lastly, NLC should not expect a minimum wage of N100k because not all states are even paying the current N38k minimum wage. I think N50k should be an ideal minimum wage (fyi, minimum wage is for entry level cleaner, driver, messenger, etc.) and each state should jerk it up as per their ability/resources.

The strike is necessary bros, these guys are fighting for u guys n u guys r still d same pple insulting them. Do u think the governors are serious about this minimum wage thing. They will stall it if they can till d end of their tenure. So even if the fg is serious about it, it cannot do it alone without the governors agreeing to pay a certain amount tht makes sense. 35k is okay ....from 18 to 35k is a realistic amount
Re: Labour Yields To Fg’s Pressure, May Call Off Strike Monday by Nobody: 6:54am On Sep 30, 2018
For great profit in FOREX trading WhatsApp me up 08125187926

Re: Labour Yields To Fg’s Pressure, May Call Off Strike Monday by ogtavia(m): 6:54am On Sep 30, 2018
The NLC top echelon simply needed money. There is no integrity among leaders. Oshiomole is a prime example of how corrupt and selfish NLC leaders are. They are all wolves in sheep clothing. Bunch of thieves..

1 Like

Re: Labour Yields To Fg’s Pressure, May Call Off Strike Monday by funsho4man(m): 6:54am On Sep 30, 2018
Humblega:
I wonder how long u want multi million bussiness oriented private company like banks to stay in strike.....

Government workers have nothing to lose if d strike continue for months but private businesses......

They should av simply given those 1 a waver bcs dey might not b comfortable staying of work for more dan 2 days....

Perhaps, minimum wages is #18k and almost half of states are owing salary for months....if salary is raised to 56k......states like Osun, Abia, kogi, Ekiti, Benue.....might not b able to pay one single salary for d next 50 years

It yaff well

you forget to mention Kwara.
Re: Labour Yields To Fg’s Pressure, May Call Off Strike Monday by Livefreeordieha(m): 6:55am On Sep 30, 2018
PissedOffWeed:
Cowards!!
Nah Yoruba man be NLC chairman?
yes...but na registered union...Who dey lead massob,ipob,otokoto and okija shrine?? I just wan know...Atleast i answered ur question...Answer mine with ur heads up shamelessly...

We are talking collectively as a people u want to bring tribalism..I will take Igbos seriously the day i read on national dailies that all of them has left other states and converged in the east to stop working for Nigeria and yorubaz...

Now that will create panic and a chilling sense of seriousness..Not this homeless bingo tactics of pitching pathetic hate tents everywhere u go...

Mind u most of my good friends are ibos,i speak the language and we genuinely care and respect ourselves...That leaves me to conclude only deranged and mentally distorted ones follows the team of porks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labour Yields To Fg’s Pressure, May Call Off Strike Monday by Pat081: 6:55am On Sep 30, 2018
Ayoswit:
The minimum wage has to be increased before calling off the strike. They should reduce the salaries of the legislators and add it to the minimum wage of workers.
lol my sister dey can nt do dat ooooooo only if you want to hear big big English in the house
Re: Labour Yields To Fg’s Pressure, May Call Off Strike Monday by jbtobsyn(m): 7:01am On Sep 30, 2018
seunmsg:
It is an unnecessary strike to start with. Labour movement should face the current fiscal realities of the country and stop making unrealistic demands. Even if FG find a way to accommodate a minimum wage of N56k, state governments can never meet up.

The more realistic option is to allow each tiers of government determine what they can pay based on available resources. Forcing N56,000 down the throat of all tiers of government will backfire.
Why did Buhari promise that?
Re: Labour Yields To Fg’s Pressure, May Call Off Strike Monday by computerglobal(m): 7:03am On Sep 30, 2018
Waiting
Re: Labour Yields To Fg’s Pressure, May Call Off Strike Monday by computerglobal(m): 7:05am On Sep 30, 2018
ifex370:

What are you even saying? undecided

Thank you for asking him
Re: Labour Yields To Fg’s Pressure, May Call Off Strike Monday by RosemaryOge(f): 7:12am On Sep 30, 2018
It is well...
Re: Labour Yields To Fg’s Pressure, May Call Off Strike Monday by Shugavee(f): 7:13am On Sep 30, 2018
When it started I knew it was absolutely stupid,,When fuel was increased the strike didn’t even last for more than four days, they couldnt even strongly hold on their grounds,, is now this one that not even affecting all Nigerians that will last or make any impact?? after that fuel issue I realized NLC Is absolutely useless in this buhari regime
Re: Labour Yields To Fg’s Pressure, May Call Off Strike Monday by Shugavee(f): 7:13am On Sep 30, 2018
Re: Labour Yields To Fg’s Pressure, May Call Off Strike Monday by seunmsg(m): 7:15am On Sep 30, 2018
jbtobsyn:

Buhari cannot pay for state governments.
Re: Labour Yields To Fg’s Pressure, May Call Off Strike Monday by Chuxz311(m): 7:21am On Sep 30, 2018
Hmm d strike has been rigged, money don change hands as usual. well what do I know...

Re: Labour Yields To Fg’s Pressure, May Call Off Strike Monday by Ayanfeoluxyz(f): 7:22am On Sep 30, 2018
PissedOffWeed:
Cowards!!
Ayuba Wabba sounds like a Yoruba name ooo abi you don't know ni? Keeping displaying your ignorance upandan!
Re: Labour Yields To Fg’s Pressure, May Call Off Strike Monday by TopHand: 7:23am On Sep 30, 2018
The simple fact is that majority of states have over bloated civil service, a civil service for most states which consumes 91% of their total revenue, they do not have the money to pay the workers the only way to increase and dispense guaranteed paid wages is by sacking half the workforce, the NLC should face the plain truth -- if the government stopped monthly oil allocation fund more than half the states will cease to function what am I say some like Kogi state will cease to exist imagine Fayose of Ekiti employing 2000 new teachers what kind of miracle is he expecting to happen

1 Like

Re: Labour Yields To Fg’s Pressure, May Call Off Strike Monday by Nobody: 7:25am On Sep 30, 2018
jbtobsyn:

Because he keeps making empty /unfulfilled promises .which one have he ever fulfilled? None
Personally if labour want to deal, they should forget what that old man ever said and plead for 30k minimum wage.
PA buhari must have mentioned that 56k out of memory loss, he is an old man and so what do we expect.
We all are in it till after 4yrs to come, unless God intervene in his own way because he is still coming back with no ideas. He is now more or less thinking like a baby, God help Nigeria
Re: Labour Yields To Fg’s Pressure, May Call Off Strike Monday by babatee90(m): 7:29am On Sep 30, 2018
PissedOffWeed:
Cowards!!
Been expecting something like this...so despite all the issues at hand that is written above what your genius brain can only decipher is the NLC chairman's tribe...must you always display your stupidity in 4G?
Re: Labour Yields To Fg’s Pressure, May Call Off Strike Monday by Urhobokwaleboy(m): 7:30am On Sep 30, 2018
A nigga once said:18k they the government can not pay is it 56k that they will now pay.. To the gov't workers that might be happy cause they want to increase pay just be ready to be owed for the next 4years

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See Akinwunmi Ambode And Jimi Agbaje’s Wives Hugging At A Public Function / Throwback Photo Of Abdulmumin Jibrin & His Brother: "Babes Were Dying Over Me" / 'No Election In Yoruba Land In 2023' Posters & Flyers - Koikimedia (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.