Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Spain Vs Netherlands: 1 - 0 @ World Cup 2010 Final - Sports (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Spain Vs Netherlands: 1 - 0 @ World Cup 2010 Final (22396 Views)

Poll: Who Will Be Crowned The World Champions For 2010

Netherlands: 37% (34 votes)
Spain: 62% (56 votes)
This poll has ended

Brazil Vs Netherlands 3rd Place Match In Pictures / Brazil Vs Netherlands: World Cup 3rd Place (0 - 3) On 12th July 2014 / Spain Vs Italy - Confederations Cup (7 - 6) On Pens On 27th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Spain Vs Netherlands: 1 - 0 @ World Cup 2010 Final by Sauron1: 1:04pm On Jul 12, 2010
chic2pimp:

1)To whom,where,when,how??

2) Joke of the century.

Chic2Clit is out of Prison. . . .so soon?
How do you correlate the 2 sentences above?
Re: Spain Vs Netherlands: 1 - 0 @ World Cup 2010 Final by chic2pimp(m): 1:13pm On Jul 12, 2010
~Sauron~:

Chic2Clit is out of Prison. . . .so soon?
How do you correlate the 2 sentences above?
Did Howard webb do ojoro? Abolutely not
Was he outstanding, hell nahhhhhhhhhhh. I thought he did okay.
Re: Spain Vs Netherlands: 1 - 0 @ World Cup 2010 Final by Sauron1: 1:15pm On Jul 12, 2010
chic2pimp:

Did Howard webb do ojoro? Abolutely not
Was he outstanding, hell nahhhhhhhhhhh. I thought he did okay.

What did he get wrong?
Re: Spain Vs Netherlands: 1 - 0 @ World Cup 2010 Final by chic2pimp(m): 1:34pm On Jul 12, 2010
~Sauron~:

What did he get wrong?
He got the Nigel de jong incident wrong for starters.
Re: Spain Vs Netherlands: 1 - 0 @ World Cup 2010 Final by 14(m): 1:38pm On Jul 12, 2010
wow

Re: Spain Vs Netherlands: 1 - 0 @ World Cup 2010 Final by Sauron1: 1:39pm On Jul 12, 2010
chic2pimp:

He got the Nigel de jong incident wrong for starters.

Rubbish. . . . .People like you woulda moaned that Webb spoilt the finals by being too overzealous.
He didn't want to send anyone off but the Dutch were not having it - Their game plan was to kick and batter the Spaniards to submission.

Before the first 35 mins, Howard Webb had booked 5 players. . . .
What else could he have done in that terrible circumstance? Van Bommel and De Jong were like thugs on the pitch mowing everything down.
Re: Spain Vs Netherlands: 1 - 0 @ World Cup 2010 Final by kobikwelu(m): 1:40pm On Jul 12, 2010
Webb was outstanding. . . . .
He did very well by not sending De Jong, Van Bommel and Robben off.
The game woulda been spoilt if he had done those - Holland made it difficult for Webb but i think he did well.

^^^^^^^^ shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

haba oga!!!

i expected more form you,

so its ok to jet-li some1 on the chest  on the final of the worldcup??

phullleasseee watch the jet-li kick on xabi-alonso chest by de-jong and tell mi if the guy is not to be put in prison for assault!!!! angry angry angry angry angry

on a safety point of view, xabi-alonso would have been killed!!!!

and you are telling me he should have stayed on so as not to SPOIL THE MATCH?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

FOR ME, I TINK WEBB HAS REF-ED HIS LAST WORLD CUP FINALS GAME (was just overalled)
Re: Spain Vs Netherlands: 1 - 0 @ World Cup 2010 Final by 14(m): 1:41pm On Jul 12, 2010
wooooowwwwww

Re: Spain Vs Netherlands: 1 - 0 @ World Cup 2010 Final by 14(m): 1:42pm On Jul 12, 2010
wow 2

Re: Spain Vs Netherlands: 1 - 0 @ World Cup 2010 Final by 14(m): 1:43pm On Jul 12, 2010
woww

Re: Spain Vs Netherlands: 1 - 0 @ World Cup 2010 Final by AjanleKoko: 1:46pm On Jul 12, 2010
Another ref would send Puyol off for Spain. Maybe also Iniesta as well, depending on the game temperament.
Also would have sent off De Jong, Van Bommel (does that guy have to shoot someone on the field to get a card?), Robben, and Sneijder.
Re: Spain Vs Netherlands: 1 - 0 @ World Cup 2010 Final by Sauron1: 1:51pm On Jul 12, 2010
AjanleKoko:

Another ref would send Puyol off for Spain. Maybe also Iniesta as well, depending on the game temperament.
Also would have sent off De Jong, Van Bommel (does that guy have to shoot someone on the field to get a card?), Robben, and Sneijder.

Why would he send Puyol off?
Robben is a thief. . . .Because Puyol fouled him outside the box, he decided not to go down cos he wanted a penalty. . .
When he got into the 18-yard box, Puyol had left him by then and Robben was still in possession(advantage) and he was smothered by Casillas.
How's that a sending off for Puyol?

kobikwelu:

^^^^^^^^ shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
haba oga!!!
i expected more form you,
so its ok to jet-li some1 on the chest  on the final of the worldcup??

It's not okay but he had to use his common sense. . . .
Sending De Jong off as early as the first half woulda ruined the match. The whole world was watching.

phullleasseee watch the jet-li kick on xabi-alonso chest by de-jong and tell mi if the guy is not to be put in prison for assault!!!! angry angry angry angry angry
on a safety point of view, xabi-alonso would have been killed!!!!

It was a RED CARD offence without a doubt but Webb was right not to send De Jong off.
He didn't want to spoil a world cup final for the fans.

and you are telling me he should have stayed on so as not to SPOIL THE MATCH?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
FOR ME, I TINK WEBB HAS REF-ED HIS LAST WORLD CUP FINALS GAME (was just overalled)

Senseless remark.
Webb officiated the Champions League final and a World Cup final in the space of 2 months.
He's FIFA's best REFEREE.
Re: Spain Vs Netherlands: 1 - 0 @ World Cup 2010 Final by 14(m): 1:56pm On Jul 12, 2010
wooooww

Re: Spain Vs Netherlands: 1 - 0 @ World Cup 2010 Final by obinna5000(m): 1:57pm On Jul 12, 2010
@~Sauron~
I enjoyed the match very well but the English referee's yellow card distribution taya me.
But I felt De Jong should have been given a red card for that karate kick to Xabi Alonso's chest.
Re: Spain Vs Netherlands: 1 - 0 @ World Cup 2010 Final by 14(m): 2:00pm On Jul 12, 2010
wwwooooowww

Re: Spain Vs Netherlands: 1 - 0 @ World Cup 2010 Final by silvertuke(m): 2:02pm On Jul 12, 2010
The Spanish deserve to win, and they Won I am Really happy for them.
Re: Spain Vs Netherlands: 1 - 0 @ World Cup 2010 Final by kobikwelu(m): 2:04pm On Jul 12, 2010
Senseless remark.
Webb officiated the Champions League final and a World Cup final in the space of 2 months.

in the champions league, he was flawless, thats why he got this match,

after this performance, its over,

lemme ask you, what is the result of a well officiated match? nobody remembers the refree

but after this worldcup match, everybody are still  can discuss the finals match and mentioning webb and his decisions, that is when you know a ref has had a bad game

poor for me

It's not okay but he had to use his common sense. . . .
Sending De Jong off as early as the first half woulda ruined the match. The whole world was watching.

as if the match was not ruined already with the dutch playing 5-5-0 angry angry angry angry
the play was dangerous!!!! by nigel de jong angry angry angry angry angry

thats what is called consistency!!!!

that kick should BE A STRAIT RED !!!!! ANYWHERE , BE IT GROUP STAGES, KNOCKOUT OR FINALS!!!
Re: Spain Vs Netherlands: 1 - 0 @ World Cup 2010 Final by Emmyk(m): 2:11pm On Jul 12, 2010
That was a close one Pwewwwwwwwww smiley wink. I KNEW SPAIN WOULD WIN SINCE 1934 COS I'LL A TIME TRAVELLER LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Re: Spain Vs Netherlands: 1 - 0 @ World Cup 2010 Final by Sauron1: 2:11pm On Jul 12, 2010
obinna5000:

@~Sauron~
I enjoyed the match very well but the English referee's yellow card distribution taya me.
But I felt De Jong should have been given a red card for that karate kick to Xabi Alonso's chest.

Webb was too lenient sef. . . .He was lenient cos he didn't want to appear too overzealous and ruining the biggest match of 2010.
He was criticised for the way the game unfolded. How he must wish that it had been played in the same spirit as Spain’s semi-final against Germany four nights earlier, when the first foul was not committed until the 28th minute.

By that stage last night, he had booked Robin van Persie, Carles Puyol, Van Bommel and Sergio Ramos, all correctly, and had erred in showing De Jong only a yellow card for plunging his studs into Xabi Alonso’s chest.
I thought that Webb was the best feature of the game. Had it not been for his cool head and firm control it would have been even more of a bloodbath. The Dutch were a bunch of thugs.

kobikwelu:

in the champions league, he was flawless, thats why he got this match,
after this performance, its over,

Says Kobikwelu.
I never knew you and Sepp Blatter are now bosom friends to know Webb is finished.
Nonsense!!!

lemme ask you, what is the result of a well officiated match? nobody remembers the refree
but after this worldcup match, everybody are still  can discuss the finals match and mentioning webb and his decisions, that is when you know a ref has had a bad game
poor for me

The players also have a responsibility to keep things tidy and not go X-rated with their tackles.
There's no way you can have a quiet referee when players go mowing down opponents like De Jong and Van Bommel did last night.

Germany played Spain too and they got tight but it wasn't a bloodbath like last night.
Sepp Blatter has come out to say the officials were not helped last night with the way some of the players behaved themselves.

as if the match was not ruined already with the dutch playing 5-5-0 angry angry angry angry
the play was dangerous!!!! by nigel de jong angry angry angry angry angry

thats what is called consistency!!!!

that kick should BE A STRAIT RED !!!!! ANYWHERE , BE IT GROUP STAGES, KNOCKOUT OR FINALS!!!

I can understand why he didn't send De Jong off. . . . .It was early in the match and it woulda ruined the game if Holland had played 10 men against Spain's 11. This is called Referee's discretion - You don't have to follow the letter of the LAW every time.
There has to be a balance of common sense and the LAW - Just like Vidic wasn't sent off in the Carling Cup final in the 3rd minute when he fouled Agbonlahor as the last man. . . . .If it happened in the 85th minute, Vidic woulda walked!!!
Re: Spain Vs Netherlands: 1 - 0 @ World Cup 2010 Final by 14(m): 2:12pm On Jul 12, 2010
wow

Re: Spain Vs Netherlands: 1 - 0 @ World Cup 2010 Final by 14(m): 2:16pm On Jul 12, 2010
woow

Re: Spain Vs Netherlands: 1 - 0 @ World Cup 2010 Final by 14(m): 2:34pm On Jul 12, 2010
Show them Africa

Re: Spain Vs Netherlands: 1 - 0 @ World Cup 2010 Final by 14(m): 3:52pm On Jul 12, 2010
Wow

Re: Spain Vs Netherlands: 1 - 0 @ World Cup 2010 Final by 14(m): 3:54pm On Jul 12, 2010
wowow

Re: Spain Vs Netherlands: 1 - 0 @ World Cup 2010 Final by 14(m): 3:55pm On Jul 12, 2010
wow

Re: Spain Vs Netherlands: 1 - 0 @ World Cup 2010 Final by 14(m): 3:56pm On Jul 12, 2010
woow

Re: Spain Vs Netherlands: 1 - 0 @ World Cup 2010 Final by 14(m): 3:57pm On Jul 12, 2010
wooow

Re: Spain Vs Netherlands: 1 - 0 @ World Cup 2010 Final by 14(m): 3:58pm On Jul 12, 2010
woooooooooooooooow

Re: Spain Vs Netherlands: 1 - 0 @ World Cup 2010 Final by 14(m): 3:59pm On Jul 12, 2010
wowowowowwwww

Re: Spain Vs Netherlands: 1 - 0 @ World Cup 2010 Final by 14(m): 4:00pm On Jul 12, 2010
brazil, can you beat this. the bar has been set very high
Re: Spain Vs Netherlands: 1 - 0 @ World Cup 2010 Final by ajalio(f): 5:03pm On Jul 12, 2010
Well, am satisfied how it came, finally. Spain has won the cup and it is right.

Though, I had wished that one of the African teams would make it under the last four if not to the final match. But now, we all start anew and 2014 is another chance for all.

SA has done a great job. It was a really beautiful world cup. Though, as for me, I have never doubt it.

Thank you South Africa!
Re: Spain Vs Netherlands: 1 - 0 @ World Cup 2010 Final by mamagee3(f): 5:48pm On Jul 12, 2010
Even though I wanted the Netherlands to win it, I think they deserved it. . .

But I think the goal was offside though.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Josep Bartomeu Reveals Tough Decisions Will Be Taken After Humiliating Loss / Super Eagles Head Back Home After Defeating The Crocodiles Of Lesotho / Athletes Don’t Need Too Much Preparation To Win Medals – Dalung

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.