Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,029 members, 7,866,888 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 07:32 AM

What Issue Is The Biggest Hindrance To Youth Participation In Agriculture?? - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / What Issue Is The Biggest Hindrance To Youth Participation In Agriculture?? (1692 Views)

This Is The Biggest Cat Fish I've Ever Seen / Snail Farmers Call For Increased Youth Participation / The Biggest Rice Pyramids In Africa, Built With 1M Bags Of Rice (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Issue Is The Biggest Hindrance To Youth Participation In Agriculture?? by saliubello(m): 7:14am On Jun 08, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

For me? I'll say market. If there is a "reliable market selling at profitable prices", farmers won't mind even overcoming the other challenges. Their eyes will be set on the final goal.

Visit Benue and see the amount of food crops and fruits that waste away there
True.
Re: What Issue Is The Biggest Hindrance To Youth Participation In Agriculture?? by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:25am On Jun 08, 2020
saliubello:
True.

Sure, most youth wants to make money and will go into any business as long as it's guaranteed to bring income. Agric is one of such.

Just like other businesses, it is ridden with challenges which if one isn't careful one might fall victim of, but also like other businesses, there are avenues to overcome such challenges IF IT'LL BE WORTH IT AT THE END.

In essence, if the market is available, youths won't mind dislodging the aged from the agric business

1 Like

Re: What Issue Is The Biggest Hindrance To Youth Participation In Agriculture?? by Akanistic(m): 8:28am On Jun 21, 2020
To me our greatest challenge is Market, market and market!!! If there are organized, available and willing off-takers spread around the Country, every farmer like water would find their levels of operations!! To this end, the organized private sector or resource persons like yourself can intervene, set the pace and standards, lead with acceptable protocols of performances and Software!! I believe if this is done then Agriculture will take its pride of place!! I attempted intimating you of this idea but no response from you!! Keep up your good works!!
Re: What Issue Is The Biggest Hindrance To Youth Participation In Agriculture?? by niyidenrele: 9:31am On Jun 21, 2020
this is the major problem. Everyone knows farm work is not easy, but after all that work and you are not assured that your produce will fetch you a fair price to cover cost of production and still keep your pocket healthy, then its discouraging.Be it animal husbandry or cash crops ,the farmers are at the bottom chain of cash flow.
That's why I will advise you that anytime you wanna go into crop farming, pls and pls , if you really want to minimize loses and reap some profit no matter what, make sure you are doing it on a large expanse of land , I meant try do your crop farming on an hectares basis not on a plot or small areas of land

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Much Would It Cost To Build A Pen For 200 Birds? / Npk Fertilizer Available / Fish Pond And Poultry Farm For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.