Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,002 members, 7,952,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:51 AM

PDP Convention: How Wike Mobilised Governors To Endorse Port Harcourt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Convention: How Wike Mobilised Governors To Endorse Port Harcourt (17760 Views)

APC Convention: How Buhari, Governors Shared Party Positions Ahead Of 2023 Poll / APC Convention: How Adamu Emerged Consensus Candidate / PDP Convention: How PDP Governors Floored Atiku, Saraki, Lamido (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Convention: How Wike Mobilised Governors To Endorse Port Harcourt by yns4real: 12:24pm On Sep 30, 2018
OLUSOLA FABIYI

Fresh facts have emerged on how the Governor of Rivers State, Mr. Nyesom Wike was able to mobilise members of the National Executive Committee of the Peoples Democratic Party to get Port Harcourt endorsed for the party ’s national convention on Friday.

Investigations by our correspondent showed that two presidential aspirants in the party were behind the plot to take the convention out of Rivers State.

The aspirants were said to have suggested Enugu for the event.

Unfortunately for them, the state was said to have declined the suggestion.

The two aspirants (names withheld) are said to be from North-West and North -East, respectively.

It was gathered that one of the aspirants was initially very close to Wike and had thought that he would be his ally in his bid to pick the party’s presidential ticket.

However, it was gathered that Wike had refused to give his commitment to the aspiration of his friend.

A source close to the party said that sensing that Wike was becoming too close to one of the aspirants from the North-West, the two aspirants ganged up and stared reaching out to their friends in the Board of Trustees to call for the change of venue for the convention.

The source said, “There are two presidential aspirants who were not comfortable with the use of Port Harcourt for the convention.

“Both of them are even supposed to be members of the BoT. One of them is very desperate and have even been going about as if he has emerged as the PDP presidential candidate.

“He has taken almost half of the hotel in Port Harcourt, until the state found out and stopped the plan by him to book all the hotels.

“The plan was to make all the delegates rely on him for accommodation and thereby force to do their bidding.

“But Wike moved in swiftly and stop the plan. That’s how they became enemies.

“The other one felt that he had been loyal to the party and therefore, Wike being another loyal member of the party, must work with him to get the ticket.”

Our correspondent gathered that when the two aspirants knew that they might not get the suport of the governor, they resorted to the BoT members.

The Chairman of the BoT, Senator Walid Jibrin, had openly disagreed with the members of the National Working Committee on the use of Port Harcourt for the convention.

Jibrin, during the inauguration of the party’s National Convention Committee, openly told the Deputy National Chairman of the party, Mr. Taiwo Akinwomi that the party had yet to conclude on the issue of venue for the convention.

Sensing that the plan could be truncated, it was learnt that Wike had to mobilise his friends who are members of NEC to attend the meeting.

“That was why we had so many bigwigs in attendance despite the short notice for the meeting,” the source said.

No victor, no vanguished, says Fayose

Meanwhile, the Governor of Ekiti State, Mr. Ayodele Fayose, has said the conflict over the venue for PDP’s forthcoming national convention was resolved amicably and that there was no victor and no vanquished.

In a statement from his office on Saturday, the governor said it was mischievous of anyone to say Wike won the argument.

“Nobody won. Neither Wike nor PDP was in contest. It is, therefore, uncharitable to say that Wike won”, he added.

https://punchng.com/pdp-convention-how-wike-mobilised-govs-to-endorse-port-harcourt/

1 Like

Re: PDP Convention: How Wike Mobilised Governors To Endorse Port Harcourt by Trackango: 12:30pm On Sep 30, 2018
The whole of Nigeria is watching

1 Like

Re: PDP Convention: How Wike Mobilised Governors To Endorse Port Harcourt by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:34pm On Sep 30, 2018
angry
Re: PDP Convention: How Wike Mobilised Governors To Endorse Port Harcourt by modath(f): 12:39pm On Sep 30, 2018
Maman Taraba has gone ahead of Atiku to wait in UDP smiley

He will not get PDP's ticket, he was only lured out to sabotage APC, weaken the centre & the PDP hope he'd bankroll ekiti & Osun election as a sign of his commitment and loyalty...

He is a double edged sword, itinerant politician who isn't smart at that...

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Convention: How Wike Mobilised Governors To Endorse Port Harcourt by Omeokachie: 12:51pm On Sep 30, 2018
Nothing is ever given on a platter. You take it!

I don't respond to mentions from zombies. Some are already beyond redemption.

Like hyenas, they hunt in packs. See them scavenging all over the thread. cheesy grin

The ethnic bigot below will wait forever for my quote! cheesy grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Convention: How Wike Mobilised Governors To Endorse Port Harcourt by Shukuakukobambi: 12:58pm On Sep 30, 2018
Omeokachie:
Nothing is ever given on a platter. You take it!

Really? cheesy

I had always assumed that ultimatums, chest beating, whining and blackmail can do it? wink

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Convention: How Wike Mobilised Governors To Endorse Port Harcourt by madridguy(m): 1:01pm On Sep 30, 2018
Big sister, na you talk am oooooo grin grin grin Atiku is the biggest dumb politician ever. I can't believe someone can be this dumb with his billions.

modath:

5 Likes

Re: PDP Convention: How Wike Mobilised Governors To Endorse Port Harcourt by NOETHNICITY(m): 1:01pm On Sep 30, 2018
Wike please continue to deal with those useless pdp people
Pdp is a party that should die a natural death

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Convention: How Wike Mobilised Governors To Endorse Port Harcourt by modath(f): 1:13pm On Sep 30, 2018
madridguy:
Big sister, na you talk am oooooo grin grin grin Atiku is the biggest dumb politician ever. I can't believe someone can be this dumb with his billions.

Who doesn't know where he's headed... grin

As per the highlighted, money made from access doesn't mean the person get sense.... we all know he's not smart, hence he keeps wakaing about parties.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Convention: How Wike Mobilised Governors To Endorse Port Harcourt by madridguy(m): 1:20pm On Sep 30, 2018
Pa Atiku should accept fate and retire from politics. Jumping up and down will not help him in any way.

modath:

Who doesn't know where he's headed... grin

As per the highlighted, money made from access doesn't mean the person get sense.... we all know he's not smart, hence he keeps wakaing about parties.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Convention: How Wike Mobilised Governors To Endorse Port Harcourt by dingbang(m): 1:28pm On Sep 30, 2018
Their plans will not work....

Pleas read my signature, thanks
Re: PDP Convention: How Wike Mobilised Governors To Endorse Port Harcourt by tayo4ng(m): 1:28pm On Sep 30, 2018
Wike will destroy PDP because of his unguided talk, Fayose as been quite for sometimes now remaining Wike the talkative. One of the things i like about Saraki is his maturity in playing politics he talk less but use his brain the most.most politicians who knows the game don't talk too much.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Convention: How Wike Mobilised Governors To Endorse Port Harcourt by salbis(m): 1:29pm On Sep 30, 2018
Atikulate is the answer.
Re: PDP Convention: How Wike Mobilised Governors To Endorse Port Harcourt by Hector09(m): 1:29pm On Sep 30, 2018
Pdp should not gv atiku the ticket cus he is nt matured when it cums to politics, i prefer lamido or damkubo, cus they are very loyal, thats why i luv tinubu he is a builder, he single handed build ACN

6 Likes

Re: PDP Convention: How Wike Mobilised Governors To Endorse Port Harcourt by Pavore9: 1:32pm On Sep 30, 2018
Irrespective of the location of the convention whoever is most popular would win!

1 Like

Re: PDP Convention: How Wike Mobilised Governors To Endorse Port Harcourt by WisdomFlakes: 1:32pm On Sep 30, 2018
If there is anybody that has the financial war chest and experience to match Buhari and APC, it is Atiku Abubaker.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Convention: How Wike Mobilised Governors To Endorse Port Harcourt by BruncleZuma: 1:33pm On Sep 30, 2018
grin grin grin grin

You'll still see the "leave our party alone" crowd here masturbating and analysing, y'all should make up your minds as to what you want.

1 Like

Re: PDP Convention: How Wike Mobilised Governors To Endorse Port Harcourt by djfabmusik(m): 1:35pm On Sep 30, 2018
that's not my business, as you all are coming to ph don't forget to come with your matching ground fee.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Convention: How Wike Mobilised Governors To Endorse Port Harcourt by frankdGreat125: 1:36pm On Sep 30, 2018
See me see APC wahala ooooo,
Waiting concerns them with convention venue, hmmmm I tire ooooo,
No problem Wike is PDP, PDP is Woke full stop
Re: PDP Convention: How Wike Mobilised Governors To Endorse Port Harcourt by statusquoante: 1:36pm On Sep 30, 2018
K
Re: PDP Convention: How Wike Mobilised Governors To Endorse Port Harcourt by Nobody: 1:39pm On Sep 30, 2018
Atiku is a clueless politician since 1447bc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Convention: How Wike Mobilised Governors To Endorse Port Harcourt by Biodup: 1:44pm On Sep 30, 2018
the two aspirants that want change of venue are atiku and makarfi. the best bet for PDP presidential ticket is Kwankwaso

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Convention: How Wike Mobilised Governors To Endorse Port Harcourt by forayfleo(m): 1:44pm On Sep 30, 2018
djfabmusik:
that's not my business, as you all are coming to ph don't forget to come with your match9ing ground fee.
good one my brother grin grin grin grin
Re: PDP Convention: How Wike Mobilised Governors To Endorse Port Harcourt by OgogoroNo2: 1:45pm On Sep 30, 2018
Na wike go finish pdp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Convention: How Wike Mobilised Governors To Endorse Port Harcourt by wristbangle: 2:00pm On Sep 30, 2018
modath:

He will not get PDP's ticket, he was only lured out to sabotage APC, weaken the centre & the PDP hope he'd bankroll ekiti & Osun election as a sign of his commitment and loyalty...

He is a double edged sword, itinerant politician who isn't smart at that...

Sweet sister, ogbon po ju cool
Re: PDP Convention: How Wike Mobilised Governors To Endorse Port Harcourt by sexyanyabubakar(f): 2:01pm On Sep 30, 2018
madridguy:

Re: PDP Convention: How Wike Mobilised Governors To Endorse Port Harcourt by frankwyte: 2:45pm On Sep 30, 2018
This Wike is really causing headlock for APC guys!
Re: PDP Convention: How Wike Mobilised Governors To Endorse Port Harcourt by Cajal(m): 2:47pm On Sep 30, 2018
tayo4ng:
Wike will destroy PDP because of his unguided talk, Fayose as been quite for sometimes now remaining Wike the talkative. One of the things i like about Saraki is his maturity in playing politics he talk less but use his brain the most.most politicians who knows the game don't talk too much.
...maybe because saraki had his degree from one of the best in the world.. UCH... LONDON

(1) (2) (Reply)

Army Kills Iswap/boko Haram Spiritual Leader, 'several Terrorists' In Borno / More Pictures & Video From PDP Presidential Campaign Rally In Taraba / APC Chairman, Oyegun Speaks On Disagreements Over His Tenure Elongation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.