Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,644 members, 7,809,424 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:20 AM

*unforeseen* - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / *unforeseen* (251 Views)

*unforeseen* / UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES- A Short Story By Avatarmode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

*unforeseen* by ImaginatorGold: 6:48pm On Sep 30, 2018
-ONE(1)

His brown short hair peeked out of his tinted brown hoodie on his head, he's so cute she thought.

"You coming in ma'am" he asked

"Sure " she replied standing up from the stool in the balcony, he puts his hand on her neck and head into his house.

HIS house is so nice and colourful, we passed through the sitting room which was all colour splashed, he led me to his room, his room is well arranged with a dark blue bed spread with his name written all over it, folded and hanged clothes by the side, his books arranged neatly on the brick designed desk.

He is really organised and that's the most fascinating thing about him she thought as they both walk into his room, he switched off the center light and turned on the blue light whose switch was by the rack, the blue ray of the light glistened the room.

She sat down on the mattress excitedly, while he plugs in the speaker, turned it on and plays "complete me" by Simi.

He smiled as he came close to her on the mattress, he held my hand and I smiled back at him.

We both mime to the music, holding our hands as we kept staring at the wall in fron of us.Weird? I know right.
The same thing happened the day she invited him to her place when they just started being friends. I think they are just too shy. Lol

Daniel(he) and Katie(she) have been friends for months now, they met in the most awkward way...

* flash back*

"Please i would like 3 scoops of Fried Rice, Peppered chicken, fish sauce, plantain and the biggest bottle of Eva water you have" Daniel says as he placed his order at the counter.

He went back to his seat and he was served his meal with a little piece of paper containing his bill.

He enjoyed his meal sitting cozy.
Some minutes after, he was done eating. He makes way to pay with the cashier. After multiple trials and to his surprise, his ATM card was not working, the Pos machine was rejecting his card.

"Its the network Sir" the cashier said.

"This is so not funny, I have enough cash, why is this happening to me right now" Daniel said pissed off.

Time waves by, they kept trying but it was unavailable, the pos was rejecting his card and a scene was creating. He asked the cashier if she could follow him to the ATM stand down the street to withdraw and pay but she diasagreed:
"Oga, I can't o, I don't even know you. This kind election time, person has to be careful and there would be no one to monitor here while am gone, my sales pikin no come today." she says looking away from him.

He pleaded but she said No blatantly.
Daniel was frustrated, he had no other choices, he decided to leave his wrist watch with the cashier, withdraw and come back tomorrow to pay cos it was already getting late and dark.

Mean while, Katie had been watching the scenario from her table where she sat eating with her cousin.
When they were doing eating, she went to the cashier to pay her bills and was still surprised to have seen Daniel there, she heard him saying he would leave his watch and come back to pay tomorrow cos it was getting late.

Out of pity and on several thoughts, she offered to pay and Daniel was very grateful.

Daniel followed her to her car appreciating her nice gesture.

"I so much appreciate this ma'am. God bless! " Daniel said.

"Its nothing, its good to do good" Katie replies smiling.

They exchanged contacts and Daniel promised to pay her back. He bid her farewell and off she was...

Thanks so much for reading ❤❤.

Please comment and review is appreciated.

*Watch out for the next chapter of *UNFORESEEN* soonest...
Re: *unforeseen* by Ofez: 7:00pm On Sep 30, 2018
Ok

(1) (Reply)

I Am A God! / Writing Job Offer / Funeral Of A Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.