Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,828 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

Lagos APC Primaries: Reps Members Endorse Sanwo-olu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos APC Primaries: Reps Members Endorse Sanwo-olu (508 Views)

Actors, Actresses Endorse Sanwo-Olu For Second Term (Actors) / Banky W Jubilant After Winning PDP Rerun Primaries & Reps Ticket (Video) / Banky W Wins PDP Primaries & Reps Ticket For Eti-Osa Federal Constituency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos APC Primaries: Reps Members Endorse Sanwo-olu by Islie: 7:20pm On Sep 30, 2018
The Lagos State All Progressives Congress (APC) House of Representatives members on Sunday endorsed Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu as its candidate in the party’s governorship primary in the state.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the APC governorship primary in the state is scheduled for Monday, Oct. 1.

NAN reports that 16 members of the house of representatives from Lagos, led by Mr Femi Gbajabiamila, were in attendance at a briefing called to endorse the aspirant.

Speaking on behalf of the lawmakers, Gbajabiamila urged party members to vote for Sanwo-Olu in the primary election.

“Sanwo-olu has rich pedigree, intimidating credentials. We have sat down and decided on Sanwo-Olu.

‘We have given him our support for tomorrow because he has the best potential to take Lagos to higher levels.

“Members of the house look at things dispassionately, deliberate and take decisions.

“We endorsed Ambode in the past when he was the sole aspirant and was performing well. But politics is dynamic.

“Today, we believe in Sanwo-Olu and we encourage our members to vote for him,” Gbajabiamila said.

He, however, urged party members to remain united, no matter the outcome of the primary.

In his response, Sanwo-Olu urged APC members in Lagos to come out and vote.

“A vote for me will be a vote to taking Lagos to a higher level.

“We will bring back the glory to Lagos,” he said.

On allegations of arrest in America levelled against him by Gov. Akinwumi Ambode at a briefing earlier in Lagos, Sanwo-Olu said he would not respond to that.

“The party will handle that. I am focused on my campaign and not joining issues with anyone,” he said.

Sanwo-Olu, Ambode’s challenger in the primary, had earlier received endorsement of the party’s Governor’s Advisory Council in the state.

He had also been endorsed by 36 of the 40 members of the state House of Assembly.
A third aspirant, Dr Femi Hamzat, a former commissioner in the state had also stepped down to support Sanwo-Olu.(NAN)

http://thenationonlineng.net/lagos-apc-primaries-reps-members-endorse-sanwo-olu/

lalasticlala
Re: Lagos APC Primaries: Reps Members Endorse Sanwo-olu by Mautonmentos(m): 7:23pm On Sep 30, 2018
Politicians and Chameleons are synonymous
Re: Lagos APC Primaries: Reps Members Endorse Sanwo-olu by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 30, 2018
Oba kan igba kan so say our Yoruba Elders. This may be the end of Tinubu dynasty
Re: Lagos APC Primaries: Reps Members Endorse Sanwo-olu by itchie: 7:40pm On Sep 30, 2018
Femi Gbaja riding tinubu's coattails in the hope that he will become speaker
Re: Lagos APC Primaries: Reps Members Endorse Sanwo-olu by boy16(m): 7:58pm On Sep 30, 2018
undecided

hmm.. After patiently taking time to understand the fleud between Ambode and Tinubu... I came to the realization that Tinubu is trying to avoid something.

Have you ever wondered why Ambode privatized a lot of Government owned businesses(funding them with government money after privatizing)?

I believe Ambode also wants to be a godfather in Lagos.
I believe he might have partnered with those private companies so as to get his own share after revenues made.

Doing all these will grow powers for him in Lagos thereby creating another godfather.

TINUBU IS AWARE OF THIS AND WANT TO STOP HIM!

AMBODE WANTS TO BITE THE HAND THAT FED HIM.
Re: Lagos APC Primaries: Reps Members Endorse Sanwo-olu by deomelo: 8:00pm On Sep 30, 2018
BREAKING::

Igbos endorse Ambode.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos APC Primaries: Reps Members Endorse Sanwo-olu by TheFreeOne: 8:07pm On Sep 30, 2018
Tinubu's new Itesiwaju eko is taking Lagos from endorsements of stooges to criminal crack heads.
- Ambode (2018)
Re: Lagos APC Primaries: Reps Members Endorse Sanwo-olu by DoTheNeedful: 8:10pm On Sep 30, 2018
I am yet to understand why our brothers from the other side who opposed Ambode in 2015 in favour of Jimi Agbaje are now supporting him.

Also I am surprised as to why those of them who openly identified with PDP are now so interested in the internal politics of APC in Lagos. grin

Jealousy kee some people grin cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Elrufai,akeredolu Storm Presidential Villa Over APC Primaries / Lagos Joke On Point - Ambode Vs Sanwo-olu / No Going Back On N25,000 Minimum Wage - FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.