Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,489 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

Moral Obligation Is An Illusion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Moral Obligation Is An Illusion (325 Views)

The Concept Of Freewill Is An Illusion / Free Will Is An Illusion / Does The Moral Law(10 commandments) Remain Against The Christian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Moral Obligation Is An Illusion by purem(m): 9:40pm On Sep 30, 2018
So I've been spending some time here https-www-nairaland-com.0.i.org/4625155/moral-problems-questions? to reason and demonstrate the scenarios in my imagination

I think I've finally comes out with something

So here is my scanty intellectual conclusions;

I think moral obligations is an illusion, freewill, conscience and emotion is always the answer in such scenario.

To think that we are morally oblige to society is an illusion, it is always by choice and most times your conscience is there to moderate the choice you make.

Now in the first and second scenario where you have the access to divert the path of the train to either where there is one person or five persons it's always looks plausible to argue and deduce that sacrificing one life to save five is the best thing to do.

But in reality freewill, conscience and emotion will determine your action in a condition where the one person you want to sacrifice happens to be someone very close to you and the five are just strangers you barely know.

johnydon22
budaatum
martinez19

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Moral Obligation Is An Illusion by johnydon22(m): 7:21pm On Oct 01, 2018
Good take. I'll write my reply later
Re: Moral Obligation Is An Illusion by purem(m): 12:44pm On Oct 02, 2018
johnydon22:
Good take. I'll write my reply later

Alright! Was actually discussing this with a group of friends most of them said they had sacrifice one person to save five but someone was able to reason deep and came up with reasonable delight that conform with what I posted

(1) (Reply)

Prophet TB Joshua Don Carry Come Again Ooo, Read Wetin Him Do. / Is It Right To Advertise Church / Imagine A Place On Earth That Never Saw The Sun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.