Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,591 members, 7,820,123 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Arent We Celebrating Calendar Dated Independent Day? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Arent We Celebrating Calendar Dated Independent Day? (287 Views)

All The Women I Ever Dated - NARCISSISM / All The Women I Ever Dated - NYSC Chronicles / Aren't We Celebrating A Calendar Dated Independent Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Arent We Celebrating Calendar Dated Independent Day? by NosaH(m): 8:35am On Oct 01, 2018
AREN'T WE CELEBRATING CALENDAR DATED INDEPEDENT DAY?
"The Labour of our Heroes past shall not be in Vain" , this will constantly mutter whenever the National Anthem is been Recited, the "Hero's and their labour". It is another independent day, Oct 1, colonisation was suspended and independent was Birthed, the authoritarian system of Governance came in, this continued still we got ourselves into the "Fourth Republic", the era we are therein, with this, most of us thought would be salvaged from all the juntas and coup system we went through,and enjoy the dividend of a democratic Nation, so we all thought!.
Colonialism was a Recycle thing for us, "Nigerians" from the pre-colonial era to Colonial era and now the post colonial era which gave us the Republican status that gradually dwindles the true definition of a Democratic system of governance.
The Recycling Democracy that evidently produces "our Leaders" that we knew from time immoral, the difference in previous years and now is just that "decamping and cross carpeting" was also infused and encouraged by the system,Misappropriation of funds amongst other wasn't exempted, it's only God of creation that can direct our noble cause and take us out of what we are in now!
In the end, I return to the Question aren't "we celebrating a calendar dated independent day?" your guess is mostly likely the same as mine, but "to be faith, loyal and honest" what do we stand to gain in maintaining a starved independent nation?, worsened by a perverted value system.
All this does not lie in the government alone, we all share in the blame and we all must change in some way, in order to build "Nation where peace and justice shall reign".
IG:Nosahwrites
© NosaH
Re: Arent We Celebrating Calendar Dated Independent Day? by CarGuideNG: 8:46am On Oct 01, 2018

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

I Need Sherlock Holmes's Books. / Why Do Girls Fight? Reasons Why Girls Fight | Shontellybee / Heart To Heart ♥

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.