Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,974 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

independence poetry - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / independence poetry (264 Views)

This Is LAGOS In 1960 @ Independence. Everything Was In Order And Well Organized / Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari’s Independence Day Speech 2017 / 6 Interesting Facts About Nigeria As We Celebrate Her Independence Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

independence poetry by Babsreus(m): 4:51pm On Oct 01, 2018
Our dear nation clocks 58 today...yet it seems nothing as changed,

all our leaders promised but failed.

The children of this nation are aliens in its own nation cause only the politicians belong,

for the bloodshed of the children of the nation is on the rise so God sent us flood as a means to unite.

tired of hearing all this political propangandas

with no change but rise... in dollars and in price

for we were known as the best African nation but we have fallen well below the world's expection.

For if it ain't about money and the power the politicians ain't to be bothered,

our ex-president said stealing ain't corruption, i guess this only applies if it ain't done in the market,

when will we realise we don't need a politician, law-maker or leaders who's either yoruba, igbo or hausa
or are even driven by their religious difference

but people who are truly a child of this nation...

Someone who's truly a Nigerian.

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE TO ALL THE CHILDREN OF THIS NATION.

1 Like

Re: independence poetry by meobizy(f): 6:52am On Oct 02, 2018
A nice piece. I hope you enjoyed your independence celebration too.
Re: independence poetry by Babsreus(m): 10:15pm On Oct 02, 2018
meobizy:
A nice piece. I hope you enjoyed your independence celebration too.
thanks bro.
I think i slept all through ooo
nothing fun happened

(1) (Reply)

Ro Installation Service In Gurgaon | A To Z Enterprises / BE CAREFUL! You May Be Arrested, Jailed For Spraying Naira Notes At Parties / Why Is The Word Islamophobia Coined Out For The Religion Of Peace And Not Othere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.