Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,654 members, 7,820,275 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Breaking: Senator Ben Bruce Withdraws From Senatorial race - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: Senator Ben Bruce Withdraws From Senatorial race (1112 Views)

Why Akpabio Withdrew From Senatorial Rerun - PDP / Akpabio Withdraws From Senatorial Rerun / Senator Ben Murray Bruce Withdraws From Senatorial Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Breaking: Senator Ben Bruce Withdraws From Senatorial race by adem30: 8:48pm On Oct 01, 2018
MENU
Breaking: Ben Bruce withdraws from senatorial race
Posted By: Mike Odiegwu, Yenagoa On: October 1, 2018 In: Featured, News Update
0Comments image_print
Breaking: Ben Bruce withdraws from senatorial race
FacebookTwitterGoogle+PinterestLinkedInWhatsApp
The commonsense Senator, Ben Murray Bruce, has withdrawn his ambition to return to the Senate for a second term in 2019.

The Senator abandoned his ambition to represent the Bayelsa East Senatorial District following widespread rejection of his candidacy by the stakeholders of the district.

In a letter written on the eve of the senatorial primaries of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) Bruce thanked his district for giving him the opportunity to serve.

Read Also:Ben Bruce welcomes Saraki back to PDP
The letter said: “I thank God and the good people of Brass, Bayelsa East Senatorial District who offered me the golden opportunity four years ago to represent them and the state in the Senate, Nigeria’s highest lawmaking chamber.

“It is without doubt that I have tried to discharge my duties as a legislator and representative of my people creditably to the best of my ability so far.

“My voice has been very loud on the issues that matter to our people and our country at all time.

“My support to our party, my people and state government is unquestionable. I am humbled that the national leadership of my party supported by the State chapter in appreciation of my efforts offered to support my reelection to the senate to continue my service.

“I have also intensified consultations in the last couple of week in the course of which I have come to realize an existing local rotational arrangement of over 20 years beginning with the late Great Chief Melford Okilo, by which arrangement the Senatorial seat rotates per local government area among the three councils for four years in the Senatorial District.

“Even with the support of my party at the National and state levels with the full backing of my state government and leadership, as a man of honour interested in the well-being of my people, I hereby announce my withdrawal from the Senatorial race.

“I do not want whatever reason to appear to have used my privileged position and influence to do anything other than the well-being and the stability and the good of the people.

“I am in all of these for the people, not for myself.

“Once again, I thank the former President, Dr. Goodluck Ebelo Jonathan, the National Chairman, Prince Uche Secondus, my colleagues in the Senate and Governor of Bayelsa State, the Honourable Henry Seriake Dickson for their support and encouragement.

“I also thank the leadership of my Senatorial District and state, for being there for me.

“I thank specially the people of my constituency for their trust and confidence in me to serve and represent them in the Senate.

“By trusting me with this mandate, I have come to know them and our people even better, an experience I will never forget for the rest of my life.

“I am indeed grateful to my darling wife, my children, and other members of my family for their support and prayers. I appreciate the efforts of my hardworking campaign staff for their support and dedication.

“Again, I thank the leadership of the party for their continuing support. I also assured the party of my availability and readiness to serve at any capacity when the opportunity comes”.

http://l.?u=http%3A%2F%2Fthenationonlineng.net%2Fbreaking-ben-bruce-withdraws-from-senatorial-race%2F&h=AT13a8NS9GNwR3tq1IqJOP1QfJ5ImlFWUjxA8LD29JMl0DSsCjjouGQ2dknU39NekMEKgXJATr_y9q61FrS-ybeL3wDmP8gmahxPQm7XZ6TarDOQIvGHNOg9rJ9wAJGFhaQ

Re: Breaking: Senator Ben Bruce Withdraws From Senatorial race by Yambee: 8:49pm On Oct 01, 2018
He was never a Senator.

He just did not fit in. He went there for 4 years,and he did not introduce any bill or sponsored any bill to the floor. He capitalised on the fact, that he was representing a mostly illiterate constituency,and he took them for granted.

He should go back to his beauty pageant thing, and Hopefully he has made enough in the Senate this last 4 years to be able to pay his workers.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Senator Ben Bruce Withdraws From Senatorial race by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 01, 2018
Good one. He should join us here in nairaland.
Re: Breaking: Senator Ben Bruce Withdraws From Senatorial race by mikehenrymp2(m): 8:51pm On Oct 01, 2018
Good man

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Senator Ben Bruce Withdraws From Senatorial race by cosby02(m): 8:52pm On Oct 01, 2018
Twitter will not like this.

Re: Breaking: Senator Ben Bruce Withdraws From Senatorial race by majamajic(m): 8:54pm On Oct 01, 2018
a gentle man indeed. once oyibo always oyibo

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: Senator Ben Bruce Withdraws From Senatorial race by ORIENTATION101: 8:54pm On Oct 01, 2018
All of you shouting goodman dont know senate is been rotate. In his constituency
Re: Breaking: Senator Ben Bruce Withdraws From Senatorial race by decatalyst(m): 8:55pm On Oct 01, 2018
kaorama:

He should join Nwankpe abi Wetin be eim name to disturb nairaland grin

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Senator Ben Bruce Withdraws From Senatorial race by Kingosytex(m): 8:56pm On Oct 01, 2018
twitter has lost its senator, who is gonna rep twitter senatorial zone
Re: Breaking: Senator Ben Bruce Withdraws From Senatorial race by ImmaculateJOE(m): 8:56pm On Oct 01, 2018
Very sensible man. "commonsense" at work

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Senator Ben Bruce Withdraws From Senatorial race by SimplePlan34: 8:59pm On Oct 01, 2018
At least he his honorable, unlike some politicians.
Re: Breaking: Senator Ben Bruce Withdraws From Senatorial race by Nobody: 8:59pm On Oct 01, 2018
Finally common sense prevailed
Re: Breaking: Senator Ben Bruce Withdraws From Senatorial race by SadiqBabaSani: 9:03pm On Oct 01, 2018
Hmmmm, Unlike The Greedy James Manager of Delta South Who has been there fr 16Years and wants to Go back
Re: Breaking: Senator Ben Bruce Withdraws From Senatorial race by seunmsg(m): 9:05pm On Oct 01, 2018
Very loud and popular in twitter while nobody feels his impact in his constituency. Good riddance to the senator of the twitter republic.
Re: Breaking: Senator Ben Bruce Withdraws From Senatorial race by adem30: 9:05pm On Oct 01, 2018
ORIENTATION101:
All of you shouting goodman dont know senate is been rotate. In his constituency

Dey deceive yourself there. He was not aware that they rotate senate in his constituency for almost 4yrs.

He was not aware till he purchase another form and submit?

He just knows that, when he was about to lose in the primary election due to his useless failure performance and you are here telling us stories.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Senator Ben Bruce Withdraws From Senatorial race by TheVerdict: 9:09pm On Oct 01, 2018
kaorama:

Or Twitter
Re: Breaking: Senator Ben Bruce Withdraws From Senatorial race by revolt(m): 9:12pm On Oct 01, 2018
I think that Senate position was reducing him sef. Hed too grounded to be sitting with those clueless illiterates. When he spoke they couldn't even relate.
Re: Breaking: Senator Ben Bruce Withdraws From Senatorial race by Sirjamo: 9:16pm On Oct 01, 2018
He should go and join Madam Puff Puff on the board of Twitter
Re: Breaking: Senator Ben Bruce Withdraws From Senatorial race by Mynd44: 10:35pm On Oct 01, 2018

(1)

If You Are The President Of Your Country What Will You Do? / EFCC Finally Found Case Against Peter Obi / If Presidend Buhari Didnt Sack Abba Kyari, I Will Vote Against Him Comes 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.