Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

Ex-edo APC Gov Aspirant Joins PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-edo APC Gov Aspirant Joins PDP (636 Views)

Why I Refused To Return Govt Vehicles – Ex-Edo Deputy Governor, Shaibu / Ex-Edo Speaker, Marcus Onobun In Coma After Ghastly Auto Crash (PHOTO) / There Is Nothing In Labour Party’ – Guber Aspirant Joins PDP In Ogun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-edo APC Gov Aspirant Joins PDP by Nobody: 7:02am On Oct 02, 2018
A former governorship aspirant of the All Progressives Congress in Edo State and Chairman of Pacesetters Group of Schools, Mr Kenneth Imasuagbon, on Monday defected to the opposition Peoples Democratic Party.

Imasuagbon, who was accompanied by his supporters to the state PDP secretariat in Benin, cited the hardship, killings and hunger facing Nigerians and allegedly occasioned by the poor leadership of the APC as the reasons for his defection.

He also stated that with the high rate of unemployment, Nigeria had nothing to celebrate at 58.

Imasuagbon said, “I chose to come back home in this simple manner because of the situation in our country. There is nothing to celebrate. What do we celebrate? Unemployment? Suffering in the land, pain and all the lives that have been lost in our country?

“There is nothing to celebrate. You cannot celebrate hunger. We are celebrating poverty and hunger. Instead of the government of the day to assemble a team of experts to see how we can rescue this country, we are celebrating unemployment.”

The former APC chieftain, also known as “Rice Man,” promised to join forces with the PDP to ensure victory for the party in the 2019 general elections.

“I have come not to seek any political office. I have come to join a party that will do the right thing and lead us to the promised land,” he added.

Responding, the state Chairman of the PDP, Chief Dan Orbih, described Imasuagbon as an asset to the party.

Orbih, who was represented by his deputy, Mr Emma Ogbomo, also commended the defector for his philanthropy, which he said had endeared him to the people of the state.

He stated, “His coming is a big plus to the PDP. I want the good people who have been benefitting from him (Imasuagbon) to know that he has shifted from the APC to the PDP.”

Re: Ex-edo APC Gov Aspirant Joins PDP by gaby(m): 7:18am On Oct 02, 2018
Paperweight inconsequential rice distributor...
Re: Ex-edo APC Gov Aspirant Joins PDP by Nobody: 7:38am On Oct 02, 2018
gaby:
Paperweight inconsequential rice distributor...

Are You sure?

Like, are you sure there's anyone left in Edo APC?
Re: Ex-edo APC Gov Aspirant Joins PDP by gaby(m): 7:55am On Oct 02, 2018
Awol1:

Are You sure?

Like, are you sure there's anyone left in Edo APC?

Lol...

My dear brother...the present governor can be likened to a very strict no-nonsense MD, who incidentally happens to be more of an administrator/technocrat than a Politician.

He has successfully blocked and automated most of the money syphoning loopholes in the state without caring whose ox is getting gored in the process.

Party faithful who were expecting the usual "share the money" are particularly worst hit, but the guy no send and has told them I clear terms that he isn't desperate for a second term.

The defectors are mostly the lazy mischief makers who want to sit doing nothing and get the state funds landing in their pockets in a monthly..there are loads of fallowed farmlands in Edo, they should all hit the bushes and get productive.

The campaign of calumny is already rife against the governor because of his hard-line stance on not sharing the money even from his immediate family. To that end you'd hear stories about how he isn't truly one of the Obasekis but an Igbo boy whose mother married into the Obasekis family while he was still a baby to how he has no kids hence his lack of empathy for anyone.

I support the governor, there shouldn't be any business as usual when it relates to state funds.
QED
Re: Ex-edo APC Gov Aspirant Joins PDP by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 02, 2018
gaby:

Lol...

My dear brother...the present governor can be likened to a very strict no-nonsense MD, who incidentally happens to be more of an administrator/technocrat than a Politician.

He has successfully blocked and automated most of the money syphoning loopholes in the state without caring whose ox is getting gored in the process.

Party faithful who were expecting the usual "share the money" are particularly worst hit, but the guy no send and has told them I clear terms that he isn't desperate for a second term.

The defectors are mostly the lazy mischief makers who want to sit doing nothing and get the state funds landing in their pockets in a monthly..there are loads of fallowed farmlands in Edo, they should all hit the bushes and get productive.

The campaign of calumny is already rife against the governor because of his hard-line stance on not sharing the money even from his immediate family. To that end you'd hear stories about how he isn't truly one of the Obasekis but an Igbo boy whose mother married into the Obasekis family while he was still a baby to how he has no kids hence his lack of empathy for anyone.

I support the governor, there shouldn't be any business as usual when it relates to state funds.
QED

It's fantastic if he's not sharing money to unproductive old men.

But he should learn to play politics also since he's occupying a political office.

So Obaseki has Igbo blood running in his veins? No wonder!

Igbo Amakakwa o!

1 Like

Re: Ex-edo APC Gov Aspirant Joins PDP by gaby(m): 8:31am On Oct 02, 2018
Awol1:

It's fantastic if he's not sharing money to unproductive old men.

But he should learn to play politics also since he's occupying a political office.

So Obaseki has Igbo blood running in his veins? No wonder!

Igbo Amakakwa o!

Lol

(1) (Reply)

I Was Elected To Fight Corruption –buhari / Is The Inspector General Of Police (igp Idris) Working For The Pdp? -m. Balogun / Some Presidential Aspirants As Secondary School Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.