Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,463 members, 7,819,688 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

SAD! 5 Months Old Baby, Mother, Others Stranded At Aba General Hospital Over Bil - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / SAD! 5 Months Old Baby, Mother, Others Stranded At Aba General Hospital Over Bil (468 Views)

Pregnant Woman Dies In Kano Hospital Over Payment Alerts Delay / Family Protests At Ibadan Hospital Over Mutilated Corpse Of Relative (Graphic) / She's In Hospital Over Ovarian Cyst Complications! Gynaecologist's Advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

SAD! 5 Months Old Baby, Mother, Others Stranded At Aba General Hospital Over Bil by meethumb: 9:55am On Oct 02, 2018
Below is the sad story of patients who are stranded at the Aba General Hospital, although, they have been treated and discharged, but they are yet to pay off their hospital bills.

According to reports, the patients who narrated their ordeals are pleading with well meaning Nigerians to come to their aid as they have no one to turn to.

When newsmen approached the patients, each of them has one peculiar story to tell, but their conditions are similar. Their bills differ, the illness that brought them to the hospital differs as well, but they are in the same boat. One thing, money has suddenly turned them to friends as they are often seen close to each other watching and waiting for the messiah that is yet to come.

One of the patients, Mrs. Chizoba Joseph - mother to the 5 month old Emmanuel Joseph,  who hails from Orlu in Imo State, but married at Isiagu in Ebonyi state narrated her ordeals, she said, “God will bless the hospital management for their kindness so far. I came here on 11th of September. My son suddenly developed swollen body.

“I brought him here for treatment and the Doctors here did marvelously well even when we didn’t have anything to offer. He is well now, but I cannot afford the bill given to me that is why I am staying here morning and night begging God to remember me and my child.

“Our bill is 44,000 naira and we cannot afford it. My husband is alive. He is a welder and since then, he has been struggling and trying his best to raise the money. We heard workers are on strike, but I am begging for mercy. We have not eaten anything since morning,” she said.

Another patients, Mrs. Amaka Ukaegbu had a different story to tell. She is a 29 years old woman from Ohaozara in Ebonyi and is married to her husband who is from Umuahia, the Abia State Capital.

Narrating her story Amaka said, “I came here on the 1st of August but was operated upon for child delivery on the 2nd of August. My child died and this is my first pregnancy. My husband is a Corp Member and he is on his compulsory one year National Youth Service in Enugu State.

“Before my husband left Youth Service, he dropped 20,000 naira to take care of myself after delivery. When the issue of child delivery started, I went to some midwives and they gave me hot injection which practically caused me swollen legs. I was brought here under emergency, but after treatment, there was no more money to settle the bills.

“We only made small payment of 40,000. The country is too hard and my husband said they have not even paid them there where he is serving. I learnt they are usually paid 19,000 naira, but I have not seen any money since. I survived the pains by the grace of God after the death of my child.

“I don’t blame my husband because he loves me and if he had money he would have paid for it. I am begging government and anybody who has enough to please remember people like me. I am not an animal, I am human like every other person, but sickness and unfortunate situation has turned me to a leaving corpse. I beg people not to cast me away. I am a creature of God, but circumstances have made me a debased person.”

Another stranded patient, Gift Monday, a 16 years old SS3 boy from Akwa Ibom State said, “I stay here in Aba with my aunty. I was brought here with the case of ruptured Appendices. I was told we were charged 250,000 naira. My aunty said she has paid half of it, but remaining half. I just beg people of goodwill to come to my aid.

The story of Mrs. Mercy John is another pathetic one. Narrating here own story,29 years old Mercy John said she is fade up with life and doesn’t know what to do with her life anymore.

She said, “I am from Akpaa in Obingwa here in Abia State, but I was married in Ebonyi State. I was brought here to be delivered of a baby through operation. They did their best, but my baby actually died. I have been here since 2nd August. I was told my bill is 233,350 naira and we have paid close to half. My husband does handwork, but specializes more in fixing Almaco glass.”

Meanwhile, reacting to the above narrations, when contacted, Dr. Uko Samuel, Head Clinical Services General Hospital Aba, he said the hospital is well known for rendering services to Aba people first before asking for payment, which has been a problem as many patients who have been treated in the past go home without paying anything.

Source: https://abacityblog.com/2018/10/sad-5-months-old-baby-mother-others-stranded-at-aba-general-hospital-over-bills.html

(1) (Reply)

Looking For A Therapist / How To Improve Your Sex Life With Role Play / Dmedics At Esu Chiefs Palace, Apo Resettlement, Fct Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.