Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,106 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

#LagosAPCPrimaries: Jide Sanwo-olu Defeats Governor Ambode In Alausa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #LagosAPCPrimaries: Jide Sanwo-olu Defeats Governor Ambode In Alausa (811 Views)

Photos Of Governor Ambode And Theresa May In Lagos / 35 Achievements Of Governor Ambode In Lagos! / Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#LagosAPCPrimaries: Jide Sanwo-olu Defeats Governor Ambode In Alausa by melanch(m): 1:12pm On Oct 02, 2018
The APC primaries is currently ongoing and Babajide Sanwo-Olu, a governorship aspirant of the All Progressives Congress (APC), has defeated Akinwunmi Ambode, governor of the state, at ward c, Alausa, Ikeja, on Tuesday.

According to reports, Olanrewaju Yahaya, the electoral officer in charge of the ward, announced that Sanwo-Olu polled 960 votes ahead of the governor who secured just 4 votes.
Alausa is the seat of power in the state as the governor’s office, state assembly and state secretariat are all there. Bola Tinubu, a national leader of the party, is a registered APC member in ward C.

https://newsdey.com/2018/10/lagos-apc-primaries-jide-sanwo-olu-defeats-governor-ambode-in-alausa-ward/
Re: #LagosAPCPrimaries: Jide Sanwo-olu Defeats Governor Ambode In Alausa by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 1:13pm On Oct 02, 2018
Our hearts are with Ambode, there is little or nothing we can do to help him. I hope Abuja helps him...

1 Like

Re: #LagosAPCPrimaries: Jide Sanwo-olu Defeats Governor Ambode In Alausa by Kingosytex(m): 1:16pm On Oct 02, 2018
tinubu has really a big influence in lagos state, how can everybody suddenly turn against ambode? ambode is now being avoided like a leprous patient

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #LagosAPCPrimaries: Jide Sanwo-olu Defeats Governor Ambode In Alausa by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 02, 2018
Kingosytex:
tinubu has really a big influence in lagos state, how can everybody suddenly turn against ambode? ambode is now being avoided like a leprous patient
I don't think it is Tinubu influence, I think most people started hating Ambode because of his press conference.

U may be right though but I don't think one man has d capacity to influence a direct election.
Re: #LagosAPCPrimaries: Jide Sanwo-olu Defeats Governor Ambode In Alausa by Mynd44: 1:57pm On Oct 02, 2018
Re: #LagosAPCPrimaries: Jide Sanwo-olu Defeats Governor Ambode In Alausa by Shukuakukobambi: 2:00pm On Oct 02, 2018
kingkakaone:

I don't think it is Tinubu influence, I think most people started hating Ambode because of his press conference.

U may be right though but I don't think one man has d capacity to influence a direct election.

Truly that Press conference was poor and petty
Almost like what a girl does after she's dumped by a boyfriend. It was too bitchy
Re: #LagosAPCPrimaries: Jide Sanwo-olu Defeats Governor Ambode In Alausa by SuperStriker: 2:12pm On Oct 02, 2018
kingkakaone:

As far as Ambode is concerned, Lagos starts and ends in Epe.

The man has finished Lagos.

It was because of him that we were threatened with death in the Lagos lagoon.

Serves him right.
Re: #LagosAPCPrimaries: Jide Sanwo-olu Defeats Governor Ambode In Alausa by Nobody: 2:38pm On Oct 02, 2018
SuperStriker:

As far as Ambode is concerned, Lagos starts and ends in Epe.

The man has finished Lagos.

It was because of him that we were threatened with death in the Lagos lagoon.

Serves him right.
Lolsssss...I think that threat came because they were afraid that ur people in Lagos are becoming too strong politically.

I think that was a tribal issue o.

But Ambode should have spread his work everywhere which would have helped him by now.
Re: #LagosAPCPrimaries: Jide Sanwo-olu Defeats Governor Ambode In Alausa by Nobody: 2:42pm On Oct 02, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

Truly that Press conference was poor and petty
Almost like what a girl does after she's dumped by a boyfriend. It was too bitchy
He allowed his emotions to overshadow him.

That was what gave Tinubu the strength to come out and endorse his opponent openly.
Tinubu hasn't endorsed Sanwolu openly before then and most neutrals started seeing from the party's view after that.

All in all, I think he still tried from my perspective though I'm not there which has made me not to either support or attack him.
Re: #LagosAPCPrimaries: Jide Sanwo-olu Defeats Governor Ambode In Alausa by Shukuakukobambi: 5:47pm On Oct 02, 2018
kingkakaone:

That was what gave Tinubu the strength to come out and endorse his opponent openly.
Tinubu hasn't endorsed Sanwolu openly before then and most neutrals started seeing from the party's view after that.

All in all, I think he still tried from my perspective though I'm not there which has made me not to either support or attack him.

I was actually not too happy that he of all people was being dropped but that his petty and bitchy press conference showed him up as an overgrown baby.

Ibori came back from prison and is still dictating Delta State politics. It's not only by money. He has built loyalty and trust among those who run the street and that's exactly what Tinubu has done in Lagos.

He should fight if he can but he shouldn't hope for sympathy. The same street brought him up in 2015 against more established candidates.
Re: #LagosAPCPrimaries: Jide Sanwo-olu Defeats Governor Ambode In Alausa by fergie001: 5:52pm On Oct 02, 2018
kingkakaone:

Baba,he didnt try
Let's be honest...
He is very vindictive...
He only knows Epe....
Certain places he lost ,he made sure they paid and are still paying for that..forget all the media hype the hypocrites are peddling here...
The same people here who called him the best after God are the same crucifying him because one-man in Ikoyi said so....
The only reason he will get enough votes is if this wahala continues...almost everybody prefers to see him than Tinubu so he can play on that sentiment ...asides that,let's be honest...e no impress anybody except those in Epe...
Re: #LagosAPCPrimaries: Jide Sanwo-olu Defeats Governor Ambode In Alausa by Nobody: 8:54pm On Oct 02, 2018
fergie001:

Baba,he didnt try
Let's be honest...
He is very vindictive...
He only knows Epe....
Certain places he lost ,he made sure they paid and are still paying for that..forget all the media hype the hypocrites are peddling here...
The same people here who called him the best after God are the same crucifying him because one-man in Ikoyi said so....
The only reason he will get enough votes is if this wahala continues...almost everybody prefers to see him than Tinubu so he can play on that sentiment ...asides that,let's be honest...e no impress anybody except those in Epe...
Well, I will have to accept ur opinion since I'm not there.

Social media can be deceiving some times.
Re: #LagosAPCPrimaries: Jide Sanwo-olu Defeats Governor Ambode In Alausa by Nobody: 8:57pm On Oct 02, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

I was actually not too happy that he of all people was being dropped but that his petty and bitchy press conference showed him up as an overgrown baby.

Ibori came back from prison and is still dictating Delta State politics. It's not only by money. He has built loyalty and trust among those who run the street and that's exactly what Tinubu has done in Lagos.

He should fight if he can but he shouldn't hope for sympathy. The same street brought him up in 2015 against more established candidates.
You are right about Ibori.
I'm from Delta and I understand ur opinion about him.
He has loyalty and he still dictates what happens in the party today.

Godfatherism exists in my state since 1999.

(1) (Reply)

Abuja Locked Down As 7,000 APC Delegates Ratify Buhari / 2019: What’ll Happen To Religious Leaders Involving In Partisan Politics – Buhar / Buhari Heading For Defeat - Prophet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.