Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Yet Again The President Failed To Address Issues Correctly. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Yet Again The President Failed To Address Issues Correctly. (236 Views)

Governing Council To Address Issues Affecting African Journalists, Industry / Address: ETC Nigeria Limited, 229 Ikorodu Road, Ilupeju, Centre 1, Lagos State / Answer Question Correctly And Win 1k Recharge Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Yet Again The President Failed To Address Issues Correctly. by rico73(m): 2:08pm On Oct 02, 2018
There we go again. Yet the president failed to acknowledge his failures and address critical issues that we were expecting him to address. The blood of the innocent citizens/farmers killed so far will continue cry out aloud for justice.

Read through excepts from his speech to the nation this morning. I was expecting more than this rhetorics he spelt out in his speech regarding three critical areas (herders problem, security of lives and property and elections issues) in our nation this morning.

On farmers herders conflict.
9. The age-long conflict between herders and farmers that was being exploited by those seeking to plant the seeds of discord and disunity amongst our people, is being addressed decisively. We will sustain and continue to support the commendable efforts by all including civil society organisations, local and states governments and our traditional and religious leaders in finding durable solution to this problem.

10. This being a trans humane issue, we are working with countries in our region that are also facing similar difficulties to complement our common efforts. In this context I must warn that the perpetrators of murder and general mayhem in the name of defending or protecting herders or farmers will face the full wrath of the law. Meanwhile, we urge all peace loving Nigerians to reject any simplistic portrayal, at home or abroad, of this conflict as either religious or ethnic based.

On elections.
24. I have committed myself many times to ensure that elections are fully participatory, free and fair and that the Independent National Electoral Commission will be exactly INDEPENDENT and properly staffed and resourced. The ballot box is how we make our choice for the governments that rule in our name.

Security.
29. I want to assure you that as President, I will continue to work tirelessly to promote, protect and preserve what really matters: a united, peaceful, prosperous and secure Nigeria, where all, irrespective of background, can aspire to succeed.

You be the judge are you in any way satisfied with his actions and speech?

(1) (Reply)

If You Could Send A Message To The World, What Would You Say In 30 Seconds? / How To Create Free Wordpress Site/blog Using A Free Hosted Account / Abacha Loot For Sharing.. How True

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.