Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,236 members, 7,811,659 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:47 PM

Delta Residents Swim To Their Houses As Flood Sacks Communities (Photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Delta Residents Swim To Their Houses As Flood Sacks Communities (Photos) (38910 Views)

Flood Sacks Ugwueke, Abia Community, 500 People Displaced (Photos) / Flood: Owutu-ishawo Ikorodu Residents Cry Out As Flood Takes Over Their Houses / Flood Sacks 35 Edo Communities, Renders 30,000 Homeless (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Delta Residents Swim To Their Houses As Flood Sacks Communities (Photos) by Princedapace(m): 4:33pm On Oct 02, 2018
Hahaha aha haha haha hahaha

This is serious

If you want to learn how to work online and make side income, check my profile and see if my training may interest you.

Read my thread on freelancer..
Re: Delta Residents Swim To Their Houses As Flood Sacks Communities (Photos) by lawrence35(m): 4:34pm On Oct 02, 2018
This one is bad, what!?!!
Re: Delta Residents Swim To Their Houses As Flood Sacks Communities (Photos) by jesmond3945: 4:34pm On Oct 02, 2018
Titanic Jack and rose
Re: Delta Residents Swim To Their Houses As Flood Sacks Communities (Photos) by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 02, 2018
Righteousness89:
Seriously with the way the Flood in Nigeria is Going, Every Kid born in Nigerian soil Must be taught how to Swim From birth
Re: Delta Residents Swim To Their Houses As Flood Sacks Communities (Photos) by thesicilian: 4:35pm On Oct 02, 2018
oweniwe:

What has politicians got to do with this nah? undecided

The long term solution lies with the federal government
to build one or two large dam along the river benue to control large volumes of water coming in from Cameroon end of the river. But the federal government didn't have the liver to execute such projects speedily.

There's little state governments can do. Its not a matter of drainage or politicians.
Is the federal government not made up of politicians?
Re: Delta Residents Swim To Their Houses As Flood Sacks Communities (Photos) by bamosagie(m): 4:36pm On Oct 02, 2018
tobtap:
sad sad sad... the same people will still vote for the same corrupt politicians

So the politicians caused the flood......
Re: Delta Residents Swim To Their Houses As Flood Sacks Communities (Photos) by CHRISDMANAGER(m): 4:36pm On Oct 02, 2018
Okowa the Onu O'yor is working..
Re: Delta Residents Swim To Their Houses As Flood Sacks Communities (Photos) by IFNOTGOD(m): 4:37pm On Oct 02, 2018
landmark86:
When u're warned not to build house beside the river bank but u won't listen. That is the result.
Thank God many people ovadia are born to swim not a leaner

are u from dat community?

did u see d level of d water?

guess no, most of those places are not on d river bank,

get ur facts straight
Re: Delta Residents Swim To Their Houses As Flood Sacks Communities (Photos) by landmark86: 4:39pm On Oct 02, 2018
IFNOTGOD:

are u from dat community?

did u see d level of d water?

guess no, most of those places are not on d river bank,

get ur facts straight

Keep quiet
Are u telling me it was flood or erosion that got to that level?
Bros abeg park well joooor

Re: Delta Residents Swim To Their Houses As Flood Sacks Communities (Photos) by oweniwe(m): 4:41pm On Oct 02, 2018
thesicilian:

Is the federal government not made up of politicians?

So people should not vote again since most politiciare corrupt? undecided
Re: Delta Residents Swim To Their Houses As Flood Sacks Communities (Photos) by ken6488(m): 4:45pm On Oct 02, 2018
BonkoINC:
Okowa is working.
so okowa na God na

2 Likes

Re: Delta Residents Swim To Their Houses As Flood Sacks Communities (Photos) by emsheddy(m): 4:46pm On Oct 02, 2018
Sad to see my own Uzere listed there too
Re: Delta Residents Swim To Their Houses As Flood Sacks Communities (Photos) by BonkoINC: 4:47pm On Oct 02, 2018
ken6488:
so okowa na God na

Na God nor do proper drainage.?

1 Like

Re: Delta Residents Swim To Their Houses As Flood Sacks Communities (Photos) by Kingray10: 4:47pm On Oct 02, 2018
oweniwe:

What has politicians got to do with this nah? undecided

The long term solution lies with the federal government to build one or two large dam along the river benue to control large volumes of water coming in from Cameroon end of the river. But the federal government didn't have the liver to execute such projects speedily.

There's little state governments can do. Its not a matter of drainage or politicians.
is the politicians not your leaders ??
Re: Delta Residents Swim To Their Houses As Flood Sacks Communities (Photos) by Mizwisdom(f): 4:48pm On Oct 02, 2018
This is serious, why build houses in flood prone areas?

Need books? Contact me via orderbooksng@gmail.com
Re: Delta Residents Swim To Their Houses As Flood Sacks Communities (Photos) by ThanosIsHere: 4:49pm On Oct 02, 2018
tobtap:

There's a big difference between bad leadership and climate change. Floods have been predicted to happen in many parts of the world Nigeria inclusive. This is beyond good drainage and roads.
Re: Delta Residents Swim To Their Houses As Flood Sacks Communities (Photos) by emsheddy(m): 4:50pm On Oct 02, 2018
landmark86:
When u're warned not to build house beside the river bank but u won't listen. That is the result.
Thank God many people ovadia are born to swim not a leaner
At times I wonder if you guys think everyone is daft. Do you think it's those who built houses along river banks that got affected by the flood? My hometown Uzere, my dad's house is nowhere near any river or lake. But the volume of water is so much that it's halfway submerged as we speak. This is not a case of building along river banks
Re: Delta Residents Swim To Their Houses As Flood Sacks Communities (Photos) by frowland(m): 4:51pm On Oct 02, 2018
tobtap:
What has flooding got to do with politicians?
Re: Delta Residents Swim To Their Houses As Flood Sacks Communities (Photos) by ken6488(m): 4:53pm On Oct 02, 2018
BonkoINC:

Na God nor do proper drainage.?

drainage ke this is beyond state government power oooo drainage can't stop this one just like 2012
Re: Delta Residents Swim To Their Houses As Flood Sacks Communities (Photos) by Mitchsin(f): 4:56pm On Oct 02, 2018
tobtap:
As in ehn,that's the worst of it.. May God help them
Re: Delta Residents Swim To Their Houses As Flood Sacks Communities (Photos) by Dasgoro: 5:04pm On Oct 02, 2018
Rising sea level... it is predicted that in another 50years... 2/3 of the world will be under water.

The Earth is just readjusting to human distortions... Reasons people like Elon Musk are planing on relocating to mars.

This is aslo in the Bible
Re: Delta Residents Swim To Their Houses As Flood Sacks Communities (Photos) by IFNOTGOD(m): 5:09pm On Oct 02, 2018
landmark86:

Keep quiet

shut up if u are not from d community, do u know what a river bank looks like or have u been to these places before.

the last flood dat happened around 2012/13 these same areas where flooded not cause dey where close to river banks,

some areas are just below sea level n if u dont know a thing shut up.

flooding cant get to dat level but it has happened in places like lekki and VI northern states

if u dont know a thing shut d bleep up n let those who know talk.

no b flood na ur urine na make d place full like dat

2 Likes

Re: Delta Residents Swim To Their Houses As Flood Sacks Communities (Photos) by Gazzy88(m): 5:11pm On Oct 02, 2018
Are you a skilled tailor in Nigeria in need of job? Do you have the necessary skills to be hired by top fashion houses across the country? Fill out the Google form below�with your details for job offers and also kindly share with your tailor friends in need of job.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfRjty3Qu_f0h2D_rwvUKzInyBykyHBccJC-e8jFHcb44JFVw/viewform
Re: Delta Residents Swim To Their Houses As Flood Sacks Communities (Photos) by ashjay001(m): 5:17pm On Oct 02, 2018
tobtap:

Yep! Shebi na politician bring d flood undecided
Re: Delta Residents Swim To Their Houses As Flood Sacks Communities (Photos) by Hoodbilonia: 5:26pm On Oct 02, 2018
auction export trapped

tooooooorrrnnnn
your checking acct balance is
99million
900 thousand
99 ,cents
ds reflexcs d current avilae balance on your acct
in rick ross lyrics

see me as a promotion
tax charges,etc
confiscate them whips
house on the hill
mansion under water
see niggis dying of disease
murdeur
mofocking murdeur
blood in ma eyes
is it a drug dealerz dream
Re: Delta Residents Swim To Their Houses As Flood Sacks Communities (Photos) by arcnomec(m): 5:28pm On Oct 02, 2018
Austema:
when you build any how you will see any how, Africans dont consider the future before doing things

So the flooding in USA is as a result of building anyhow as you posit ?
You need to use your brain bro
Re: Delta Residents Swim To Their Houses As Flood Sacks Communities (Photos) by stenmikas(m): 5:31pm On Oct 02, 2018
please,am in need of accommodation at Ekpan, Warri. I would be glad if anyone can be of help
Re: Delta Residents Swim To Their Houses As Flood Sacks Communities (Photos) by Lomprico2: 5:31pm On Oct 02, 2018
BonkoINC:
Okowa is working.

This is beyond any government. Floods happen in US too.
Re: Delta Residents Swim To Their Houses As Flood Sacks Communities (Photos) by arcnomec(m): 5:33pm On Oct 02, 2018
landmark86:

Keep quiet

You should be the one keeping quite.So you don't know that flood water can even raise above that level.If you must know,my hometown "Omoku" in Rivers state is currently experiencing this as I type. So don't say what you don't know.
Re: Delta Residents Swim To Their Houses As Flood Sacks Communities (Photos) by Bestchisom(m): 5:35pm On Oct 02, 2018
Swim to their house kwa... Na the house wey water Don almost swallow.. Na im them dey swim to... Make them channel their swimming power and paddle their canoe to another area...

They say the earth is covered by 70% water and 30% land... So why is water trying to occupy all the earth... Government should better tackle this issue..
Re: Delta Residents Swim To Their Houses As Flood Sacks Communities (Photos) by mechanics(m): 5:42pm On Oct 02, 2018
Wow, so everything inside those houses have been rendered useless, the govt should do something.
Re: Delta Residents Swim To Their Houses As Flood Sacks Communities (Photos) by Christianokaro(m): 5:43pm On Oct 02, 2018
tobtap:
Do you have an alternative for them?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Trailer Crushes Three People To Death In Ibadan (Graphic Photos) / Dubai's £100m 'Martian City' In The Desert To Simulate Life On The Red Planet / Man High On 'Ace Of Spades' Bashes His Car While Returning From A Club. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.