Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,253 members, 7,957,617 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:52 PM

APC Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole Speaks On Imo, Lagos APC Primaries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole Speaks On Imo, Lagos APC Primaries (2695 Views)

"Nigerians Are Suffering" - Oshiomhole Speaks On Naira Redesign (Video) / Edo 2020: Finally, Oshiomhole Speaks; Tells APC Leaders, Members What To Do / Oshiomhole Speaks On Saraki’s Presidential Declaration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole Speaks On Imo, Lagos APC Primaries by lightblazingnow(m): 8:26pm On Oct 02, 2018

APC Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole
Oshiomhole speaks on Imo, Lagos APC primaries
October 2, 2018George Ogala
The National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Adams Oshiomhole, on Tuesday described the results being circulated as the outcome of the Imo governorship primaries as fake.

Mr Oshiohmole stated this while fielding questions from State House correspondents after a closed door meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, on Tuesday.

The APC chairman also revealed that the party had disbanded the Ahmed Gulak-led Committee that conducted the party’s governorship primaries in Imo State.

According to him, another committee will be set up immediately for the conduct of fresh primaries in the state before the end of the week.

“Imo was not too good news for today, but not surprising they have to learn to begin to comply with rules, they have two fake results, none of them is genuine.

“We will disband and we will appoint a fresh committee (electoral panel) that will conduct transparent direct primaries that reflect the will of members of APC in Imo regardless of the interest and powers that are behind any of the groups.

“The truth does not require supporters club to stand, it has its hands and legs and we will do just that”.

Mr Oshiohmole, who said he was in the villa to update President Buhari on the developments in the APC, ruled out the possibility of honouring parallel results from states.

On the conduct of the APC primaries in Lagos State on Tuesday, the APC chairman disclosed that the National Working Committee (NWC) was in charge of the primaries and that every situation had been put under control.

“I told the president that the primaries held as planned and everything is being done to ensure there is no violence because democracy doesn’t flourish with violence.

“Nigerians must begin to learn how to differ in opinion and in choice without fighting; this is something people have to acquire over time.

“For me, I’m excited that if we can do it in Lagos it can be done anywhere.

“Everything that is being done is done under the control, supervision and direction of the NWC.’’

Mr Oshiohmole maintained that no matter how highly a member may be, he or she must subject himself/herself to the constitution of the party.

It would be recalled that the APC National Working Committee (NWC) panel had on Tuesday announced the cancellation of the Lagos governorship primary election, saying the preparatory process for the election had just been concluded.

The Chairman of the panel, Clement Ebri, made this known when he spoke at a news conference in Alausa, Ikeja.

He said: “The preparatory process had just been concluded for the primaries. The primary is to begin anytime soon.

“There was no election. Election materials are being sorted.

“The stage is set and election begins anytime from now. We have guidelines and we will stick to the guidelines.

“Because of the political tension in the state, we decided to be very careful, very methodical. As party men, peace is more important to us than victory.

“We want a kind of victory that will be celebrated by both parties.

“We want an election that will be credible and in line with the guidelines, the extant rules and the laws of the country.

“And that is what we have done. We are ready to go to the field and execute this so that at the end of the day, we will not be accused of partisanship. Lagos is very important to us and it is a flagship of the APC.’’

(NAN)

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/
Re: APC Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole Speaks On Imo, Lagos APC Primaries by Shukuakukobambi: 8:33pm On Oct 02, 2018
On the conduct of the APC primaries in Lagos State on Tuesday, the APC chairman disclosed that the National Working Committee (NWC) was in charge of the primaries and that every situation had been put under control.

“I told the president that the primaries held as planned and everything is being done to ensure there is no violence because democracy doesn’t flourish with violence

What do the bold portions mean abeg? I no too go school and comprehension skills don fail me here cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole Speaks On Imo, Lagos APC Primaries by lytech1(m): 8:37pm On Oct 02, 2018
Ambode will laugh last.
am sure he will counter every tinubu plan.
and if he eventually loss,he will decamp.
and apc might risk lossing it all.
call ambode OTONDO,but i can assure you he has some strong force behind him.
Re: APC Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole Speaks On Imo, Lagos APC Primaries by Built2last: 8:39pm On Oct 02, 2018
They allowed Lord Tinubu role out his drums and machinery. Advertised his brown teeth from ward to ward.

They called what he did balderdash and Cancelled it without consulting him. That's the definition of humiliation.

Mark my word. Tinubus end is near. If you doubt me...read in between the lines of Oshiomoles press brief.

Oshiomole begged, President Begged, governors in the APC governors forum begged. Party leaders from other regions begged. The self acclaimed owner of Lagos refused. lying that party leaders in the state refused and he will stick with them. Who are the party leaders? Is he not the chairman of GAC. And G22?

It's difficult to win the federal government of Nigeria. They control the Police, Army, air force and most importantly INEC. They decide when it's right. Buhari is not weak like Jonathan. If Tinubu bites more than he can chew. They will silence him and nothing will happen. They took away Osun with Police and Army allowing PDP to hope only in court.

The centre simply postponed this primaries to perfect how Ambode comes in and they can guaranty that Buhari will win half of Lagos in 2019. Once the permutations are clear. Boom. Away with Tinubu. Once they face him other governors in the region will back track. They will come after him so much so that those who worship him now will be amazed.

Tinubu either lacks advisers or he doesn't listen

6 Likes

Re: APC Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole Speaks On Imo, Lagos APC Primaries by BankeSmalls(f): 8:40pm On Oct 02, 2018
Confused confusionists

1 Like

Re: APC Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole Speaks On Imo, Lagos APC Primaries by ORIENTATION101: 8:46pm On Oct 02, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

What do the bold portions mean abeg? I no too go school and comprehension skills don fail me here cheesy
barcanista might be right afterall
i am sensing they stop the primary election not to humiliate ambode.
ambode might throw in the towel and support sanwolu.

1 Like

Re: APC Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole Speaks On Imo, Lagos APC Primaries by Shukuakukobambi: 8:47pm On Oct 02, 2018
ORIENTATION101:

That's what I deciphered from those portions but I say make I no run faster than the elders cheesy
Re: APC Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole Speaks On Imo, Lagos APC Primaries by Presidiotbuhari: 8:50pm On Oct 02, 2018
APC and confusion be like mudslim and terrorism tongue
Re: APC Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole Speaks On Imo, Lagos APC Primaries by forgiveness: 8:57pm On Oct 02, 2018
Is the election holding now or it has been proposed? grin
Re: APC Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole Speaks On Imo, Lagos APC Primaries by SimplePlan34: 8:57pm On Oct 02, 2018
So I guess Ambode campaign organization is about to be collapsed into sanwo-olu campaign team.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole Speaks On Imo, Lagos APC Primaries by ModsareChevres: 8:58pm On Oct 02, 2018
ORIENTATION101:

Dream on... grin

The primaries have been postponed indefinitely... smiley
Re: APC Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole Speaks On Imo, Lagos APC Primaries by raumdeuter: 9:00pm On Oct 02, 2018
“I told the president that the primaries held as planned and everything is being done to ensure there is no violence because democracy doesn’t flourish with violence.
“Nigerians must begin to learn how to differ in opinion and in choice without fighting; this is something people have to acquire over time.
“For me, I’m excited that if we can do it in Lagos it can be done anywhere.
“Everything that is being done is done under the control, supervision and direction of the NWC.’’

Mr Oshiohmole maintained that no matter how highly a member may be, he or she must subject himself/herself to the constitution of the party.

Interesting
Re: APC Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole Speaks On Imo, Lagos APC Primaries by ORIENTATION101: 9:01pm On Oct 02, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

That's what I deciphered from those portions but I say make I no run faster than the elders cheesy
is like clement ebiri is on his own with that decision .

Make we wait for the elders sha

Re: APC Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole Speaks On Imo, Lagos APC Primaries by ORIENTATION101: 9:02pm On Oct 02, 2018
ModsareChevres:

Dream on... grin

The primaries have been postponed indefinitely... smiley
if the primary is done 100 times .
Ambode cant win.
Re: APC Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole Speaks On Imo, Lagos APC Primaries by Edcure1: 9:02pm On Oct 02, 2018
Buhari and his handlers are mismanaging APC. They will get their fingers burnt.

If Tinubu hadn't kept his political family and structure intact by whatever means necessary, we wouldn't be stuck with such a sick, docile, lifeless and uninspiring "president" Buhari today.

And if the jihadist had any iota of political dexterity as he's trying to make us believe, Nigerians wouldn't be stuck with the likes of Saraki from the onset of his administration.

3 Likes

Re: APC Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole Speaks On Imo, Lagos APC Primaries by OldBeer: 9:08pm On Oct 02, 2018
Built2last:
They allowed Lord Tinubu role out his drums and machinery. Advertised his brown teeth from ward to ward.

They called what he did balderdash and Cancelled it without consulting him. That's the definition of humiliation.

Mark my word. Tinubus end is near. If you doubt me...read in between the lines of Oshiomoles press brief.

Oshiomole begged, President Begged, governors in the APC governors forum begged. Party leaders from other regions begged. The self acclaimed owner of Lagos refused. lying that party leaders in the state refused and he will stick with them. Who are the party leaders? Is he not the chairman of GAC. And G22?

It's difficult to win the federal government of Nigeria. They control the Police, Army, air force and most importantly INEC. They decide when it's right. Buhari is not weak like Jonathan. If Tinubu bites more than he can chew. They will silence him and nothing will happen. They took away Osun with Police and Army allowing PDP to hope only in court.

The centre simply postponed this primaries to perfect how Ambode comes in and they can guaranty that Buhari will win half of Lagos in 2019. Once the permutations are clear. Boom. Away with Tinubu. Once they face him other governors in the region will back track. They will come after him so much so that those who worship him now will be amazed.

You are obviously indomie generation.

But just go ask Obasanjo what Tinubu did to him and his federal might.
Not once o!
But twice.

2 Likes

Re: APC Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole Speaks On Imo, Lagos APC Primaries by Built2last: 9:15pm On Oct 02, 2018
OldBeer:
You are obviously indomie generation.

But just go ask Obasanjo what Tinubu did to him and his federal might.
Not once o!
But twice.

Again, you mistake Buhari for OBJ. Tinubu and OBJ are tribesmen. Buhari is Fulani. When the heat became hot under Abacha, another Fulani. Tinubu ran to UK. Buhari will unleash if Tinubu bites too much
Re: APC Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole Speaks On Imo, Lagos APC Primaries by bonechamberlain(m): 9:20pm On Oct 02, 2018
APC cannot conduct a simple primary. Nigeria is in trouble
Re: APC Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole Speaks On Imo, Lagos APC Primaries by OYAY(m): 9:21pm On Oct 02, 2018
Oshiomole has said it all, the National working committee is in charge and the primary is going as scheduled and smoothly!!!! Jagaban aye!£!!!!
Re: APC Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole Speaks On Imo, Lagos APC Primaries by ModsareChevres: 9:25pm On Oct 02, 2018
ORIENTATION101:
if the primary is done 100 times .
Ambode cant win.

There will be no primaries until everyone agrees Ambode is going to win... cool
Re: APC Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole Speaks On Imo, Lagos APC Primaries by lightblazingnow(m): 9:31pm On Oct 02, 2018
Built2last:

Again, you mistake Buhari for OBJ. Tinubu and OBJ are tribesmen. Buhari is Fulani. When the heat became hot under Abacha, another Fulani. Tinubu ran to UK. Buhari will unleash if Tinubu bites too much

What's the point

1 Like

Re: APC Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole Speaks On Imo, Lagos APC Primaries by ORIENTATION101: 9:33pm On Oct 02, 2018
ModsareChevres:

There will be no primaries until everyone agrees Ambode is going to win... cool
stop watching too much telemundosgringrin

1 Like

Re: APC Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole Speaks On Imo, Lagos APC Primaries by ModsareChevres: 9:36pm On Oct 02, 2018
ORIENTATION101:
stop watching too much telemundosgringrin

Hahahahaha

You are not a realist.

I hope you know October 7 is the deadline.
Re: APC Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole Speaks On Imo, Lagos APC Primaries by seunmsg(m): 9:36pm On Oct 02, 2018

Cc: Pachukwudi44
Re: APC Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole Speaks On Imo, Lagos APC Primaries by BlueRayDick: 9:40pm On Oct 02, 2018

See as Oshiomole dey open eye for Tinubu grin
Re: APC Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole Speaks On Imo, Lagos APC Primaries by ykalhaji(m): 9:42pm On Oct 02, 2018
They have seen how Ambode lost. Oshiomole advices Mr President, Cut the loser called Ambode loose, there has never being a more free direct primary in Lagos before, not even during Awo's time, so baba go with the winning party and tomorrow morning congratulate Sanwo-olu. Lol.
Re: APC Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole Speaks On Imo, Lagos APC Primaries by ORIENTATION101: 10:08pm On Oct 02, 2018
ModsareChevres:

Hahahahaha
You are not a realist.
I hope you know October 7 is the deadline.
none of your businessgringrin
Re: APC Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole Speaks On Imo, Lagos APC Primaries by ModsareChevres: 10:08pm On Oct 02, 2018
ORIENTATION101:
none of your businessgringrin

Weak!
Re: APC Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole Speaks On Imo, Lagos APC Primaries by ModsareChevres: 10:10pm On Oct 02, 2018
ykalhaji:
They have seen how Ambode lost. Oshiomole advices Mr President, Cut the loser called Ambode loose, there has never being a more free direct primary in Lagos before, not even during Awo's time, so baba go with the winning party and tomorrow morning congratulate Sanwo-olu. Lol.

Haba
How can Tinubu slaves be so deluded
Where are the final results?
Re: APC Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole Speaks On Imo, Lagos APC Primaries by MyPoint: 7:09am On Oct 03, 2018
Built2last:

This was exactly my analysis.

They are ready and willing to bring him down. Game of power for 2019 and 2023.
Re: APC Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole Speaks On Imo, Lagos APC Primaries by ykalhaji(m): 12:08pm On Oct 03, 2018
ModsareChevres:

Haba
How can Tinubu slaves be so deluded
Where are the final results?

Any replies today ��
Re: APC Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole Speaks On Imo, Lagos APC Primaries by orisa37: 1:47pm On Oct 03, 2018
lightblazingnow:

What's the point

The point, fellow Nigerians, is blowing in the air. But The Spirit of ODUDUWA will prevail on Tinubu. Buhari will not succeed in 2019. Orisa37(His substitute) SHALL be the next President of Nigeria IJN AMEN.

(1) (Reply)

Biography Of Obafemi Awolowo / Herdsmen Attack: IPOB Deploys ESN To Enugu / Christian Group Blasts Tinubu For Canvasing Muslim-muslim Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.