Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,551 members, 7,819,954 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Here is How To Quickly Improve Your Writing Skills - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Here is How To Quickly Improve Your Writing Skills (698 Views)

Are you a business owner? Do you want to improve your business English skills? / Earn Extra With Your Writing Skills On Social Media. / How To Quickly Boost Your Self Confidence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here is How To Quickly Improve Your Writing Skills by Divepen1(m): 8:44am On Oct 03, 2018
Are You In Need of A Platform to Learn How To Write?

I Mean Do You Want A Mentor In Writing Fiction?

Or Do You Need To Be A Published Writer By Fire By Force?

Then, you have come to the right place...

Ehhh! Wait! I'm Not Your Mentor.

Nah!I'm Just A Writer Like You.

Who Am I?

I'm Akintayo Akinjide and I started Writertain with the aim of building myself exclusively.

I remember when I was in need of a mentor, I tried to reach out to some writers, big ones.

I don't know if you have ever had that feeling of waiting for the big email?

You will be detached from conversations.

You will be focused on any vibration of the phone.

You will refresh your phone regularly.

It happened to me too. But Nothing Worked.

I thought they were too busy and I could follow them up online. I wasn't interested in their books.

Don't get me wrong. I love their works of art. I read their books.

But books can never tell you how Chimamanda crawl to bed in the middle of the night after bed

Or how Wole Soyinka leaves his bed at 12 O Clock.

Or How Teju Cole uses his Characters.

So, I began to search for things that will train me. It was a big quest and I did come across things:

- Writerhelpingwriters

- Wikipedia

- Writer's Digest

It was a beautiful experience but something was missing.

There was no feeling. I was still hungry and refreshing those messages to no avail. It was a big problem.

The hunger to hear from Nigerians became a big deal.

So, I opted for Nairaland. It seemed to be interactive.

We created the Writers Workshop. The feeling was there but these guys as much as they could come out just once.

The page cannot be there for life.

So, I needed something stable, where we can read how to treat our characters like babies and settings like an egg. I needed something that is not the generic ones we have been reading.

You know what I mean:

- Those lessons that will say, 20 Things a Writer Need.

I wanted to learn more and that was the reason I seriously craved for Wikipedia, Writers Digest and Writers helping Writers but they did not have Nigerian settings.

So, I opted to start Writertain.

It was meant to build 'us' in 'our' way. It is not to be the generic tools or help. It should be Nigerian writers, but things changed. I noticed there were few literary industries in Africa generally and I knew from the back of my long nose that we need it. But I'm not good at writing.

Then, I stumbled on an Ancient Truth.

It changed everything for me. It became my reason to keep learning.

This truth has to keep pushing me, even when Writertain is Making No Money...

(Well, we will still make it someday) but for now, any money made is to make Writers see a great value in their work.

The ancient truth is that 'You Learn When You Teach people'

If you see me write like this or read anything from me, it was the little I learned from Writertain.

So, if you are like me

If you are tired of learning the generic methods

If you want that African feeling?

If you really want to meet your mentor. Writertain is our solution. Let's drag these big Authors together.

Come, let's build a citadel.

Send a message to writertain@gmail.com
Re: Here is How To Quickly Improve Your Writing Skills by queenitee(f): 5:52pm On Oct 05, 2018
Thinking
Re: Here is How To Quickly Improve Your Writing Skills by Missnande(f): 5:38pm On Oct 06, 2018
I'm registered on writertain,but I don't get any emails at all.
Re: Here is How To Quickly Improve Your Writing Skills by Divepen1(m): 5:03pm On Oct 07, 2018
Missnande:
I'm registered on writertain,but I don't get any emails at all.
Yes. I just noticed the error. Working on it.
Re: Here is How To Quickly Improve Your Writing Skills by Divepen1(m): 5:04pm On Oct 07, 2018
queenitee:
Thinking
Okay ma
Re: Here is How To Quickly Improve Your Writing Skills by Divepen1(m): 10:14am On Oct 17, 2018
Still hia

(1) (Reply)

Do We Have Sense? / On Poetry / My Two Yet To Be Published Books.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.