Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,118 members, 7,860,036 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:14 AM

Independence Day Anniversary Celebrations And Stopping The Cycle - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Independence Day Anniversary Celebrations And Stopping The Cycle (208 Views)

Nigerian Navy's 68th Anniversary Celebrations In Pictures (Videos) / Happy 62nd Independence Day Anniversary Nigeria / APC To Matawalle: Well Done For Stopping The Bogus Pension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Independence Day Anniversary Celebrations And Stopping The Cycle by Listic1: 9:01am On Oct 03, 2018
On Monday, October 1st, 2018, I attended a programme whose theme was stopping the negative cycle in our families and Nigeria. On my way back, I noticed that a good number of children and young people (mostly teenagers) were out and about in the country's colours having a good time. This symbolises a degree of belief and faith in their country. This is a very good thing. Yes indeed, I do, too. I still believe in the potentials that Nigeria is endowed with. That is as far as it gets. But this is not even the issue.

The pith and substance of this piece is that all too often, these young people are forced to abandon this patriotism and loyalty to the country soon thereafter - when reality hits them in the face. That is to say, when they write their first 'WAEC'; their second or third JAMB or when they are forced to 'sort' a lecturer before they can pass a course in the university. This is obviously for only those who are persistent enough or financially capable.

For so many others, reality dawns when they graduate from university, finish service and yet can't find a decent job with which to take care of themselves and their families. Well, there are so many others who don't fall within this category. These ones didn't even have a fair chance. They were shut out by the system and, sadly, many of them are a menace to the society. This is most unfortunate, indeed.

It is very depressing but, yeah, Nigeria is disappointing her young people! These people need inspiration and fire! WE MUST STOP THE CYCLE! #stopthecycle.

Listic1; @ODNEsq.

(1) (Reply)

It's Almost Four Years Now, Where Is President Buhari's Waec Certificate?? / I Stand With Party’s Position - Deputy Governor / Breaking: Lagos APC Chairman Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of APC Governorship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.