Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,676 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Moving To Benin Republic - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Moving To Benin Republic (20966 Views)

Nigerian Helicopter Crashes In Benin Republic (Pictured) / 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria / A Nairalander Trip To benin Republic Via Idiroko Boarder Ogun State Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moving To Benin Republic by kuzina(f): 8:27am On Jul 10, 2010
I am currently thinking of moving to Benin Republic. If any one of you is currently residing in Benin,
I would like to know the cost of living, including residency, housing and other amenities that one
has to pay for and definitely the lifestyle.
Re: Moving To Benin Republic by adewale202: 8:47pm On Jul 10, 2010
plz my guy if u dont mind let me join u

4 Likes

Re: Moving To Benin Republic by chelseabmw(m): 1:23am On Jul 12, 2010
porto novo and contonuo? it;s cheap there
Re: Moving To Benin Republic by kuzina(f): 1:50pm On Jul 12, 2010
what about issues with electricity and housing etc
Re: Moving To Benin Republic by philip0906(m): 3:01pm On Jul 12, 2010
@kuzina
its a nice place 2 be in. . .especially cotonou. . .there is constant electricity but its quite expensive as u'll be billed every month,constant water supply but u'll also be billed. . .houses can go for approximately 180,000 naira a year 4 a self-contain appartment. . u'll sure have fun as there r lots of babes cheesy grin grin
but hope u r not coming here 4 yahoo yahoo(just asking) cos dats what many of our guys come here 2 do. . also hope u already have what u want 2 do in mind,cos no place 4 hustling in cotonou if not u'll resort 2 yahoo yahoo 2 keep body and soul 2gether. . .
wish u d best

2 Likes

Re: Moving To Benin Republic by pac2: 5:31am On Jul 14, 2010
In terms of company setup, what are the cost and benefits?
Re: Moving To Benin Republic by philip0906(m): 7:27am On Jul 14, 2010
@pac2
well it all depends on how good ur market strategy is. . .companies r usually slammed with high taxes yearly but of course u can always find ur way around
Re: Moving To Benin Republic by kuzina(f): 1:32pm On Jul 14, 2010
Thanks for the info. What about issues like residency permit. Do you require a residency permit to stay in Benin because I will be moving with my family. What about security , it is very safe to live in Benin.
Re: Moving To Benin Republic by Fhemmmy: 1:35pm On Jul 14, 2010
kuzina:

Thanks for the info. What about issues like residency permit. Do you require a residency permit to stay in Benin because I will be moving with my family. What about security , it is very safe to live in Benin.

You are yet to ask for how to get a job and be able to support yourself.
Re: Moving To Benin Republic by Pennywise(m): 2:02pm On Jul 14, 2010
Fhemmmy:

You are yet to ask for how to get a job and be able to support yourself.

Not everyone need to work. She could be a trust-fund babe. Remain on topic.

2 Likes

Re: Moving To Benin Republic by kuzina(f): 4:24pm On Jul 14, 2010
Money is not an issue for me. I don't need to work. I am actually moving down from the U.S. I was thinking of moving down to Lagos but after I evaluated a lot of issues, I came up with staying in Benin which is close to home. If I ever have to do anything in Lagos, all it would take me would be a couple of hours by road.

1 Like

Re: Moving To Benin Republic by Fhemmmy: 5:06pm On Jul 14, 2010
kuzina:

Money is not an issue for me. I don't need to work. I am actually moving down from the U.S. I was thinking of moving down to Lagos but after I evaluated a lot of issues, I came up with staying in Benin which is close to home. If I ever have to do anything in Lagos, all it would take me would be a couple of hours by road.

Great . . . . Been to Rep of Benin before and i think it is nice.
Never lived there before nor even spend a nite, but beautiful and more law abiding.
Good luck

1 Like

Re: Moving To Benin Republic by pac2: 6:16am On Jul 15, 2010
@philip0906
Thanks.
How long will it take to get the permit for setup and resident permit for staffs?
Re: Moving To Benin Republic by kuzina(f): 7:16pm On Jul 15, 2010
where is mr philip0906, we need your experience.
Re: Moving To Benin Republic by snowdrops(m): 7:26am On Jul 16, 2010
Benin being an ECOWAS member should not demand residence permit from Nigerians residing there.
Re: Moving To Benin Republic by philip0906(m): 5:52pm On Jul 16, 2010
Posted by: snowdrops
Insert Quote
Benin being an ECOWAS member should not demand residence permit from Nigerians residing there.

u right!dats how its meant 2 be BUT its actually not so. . .u'll actually need a residence permit if u don't want 2 be disturbed and especially when setting up a company or opening a bank account.
@pac2
atleast a month will do. . .
Re: Moving To Benin Republic by snowdrops(m): 7:46pm On Jul 16, 2010
philip0906:

u right!dats how its meant 2 be BUT its actually not so. . .u'll actually need a residence permit if u don't want 2 be disturbed and especially when setting up a company or opening a bank account.

Then ECOWAS should be ashamed of themselves when member states are denied free assess to work irrespective of the country they reside.

1 Like

Re: Moving To Benin Republic by philip0906(m): 7:55pm On Jul 16, 2010
^^
dats it.This ECOWAS of a thing is just theory not practical. . .come and c what happens at d border,ECOWAS my foot.

1 Like

Re: Moving To Benin Republic by kuzina(f): 5:21am On Jul 17, 2010
How do I go about getting a resident permit. Is it as simple as filling out a form or are you required to gather lots of documents.
Re: Moving To Benin Republic by pac2: 12:15pm On Jul 28, 2010
@philip0906

Are you living in Benin?
Re: Moving To Benin Republic by nyabingi(m): 5:39pm On Nov 26, 2010
Hi guys i would also love to have an update on relocating to Benin republic!
Re: Moving To Benin Republic by zubeyr(m): 1:00am On Nov 27, 2010
Cotonu is an easy town to navigate it has three major roads running east to west Porto Novo to the east is the political capital
to the North you have livingstone street where you will find the City best Restaurants
The lifestyle is not much different from the one in the USA outside the city you have numbers of sandy beaches you can visit on the weekends
speaking French or Yoruba is a plus

1 Like

Re: Moving To Benin Republic by femmy2010(m): 8:04am On Dec 02, 2010
Benin is a luvly place and am sure you will lyk it there.
Re: Moving To Benin Republic by northvietnam(m): 12:13am On Dec 01, 2015
please if u have not been to a place, don't say what u don't know, Cotonou is not beans at all. electricity and water dey, but life is hard here simple
Re: Moving To Benin Republic by realmenrealhats(m): 9:11pm On Aug 25, 2016
Madam did you get successful? Are you now living in Cotonou? Pls share your experience as i am also planning on moving to Cotonou with my family. Thanks in advance.
kuzina:
I am currently thinking of moving to Benin Republic. If any one of you is currently residing in Benin,
I would like to know the cost of living, including residency, housing and other amenities that one
has to pay for and definitely the lifestyle.
Re: Moving To Benin Republic by realmenrealhats(m): 9:13pm On Aug 25, 2016
bro do you know about buying a plot of land in Cotonou?
philip0906:
^^
dats it.This ECOWAS of a thing is just theory not practical. . .come and c what happens at d border,ECOWAS my foot.
Re: Moving To Benin Republic by Bifwoli: 10:09pm On Aug 25, 2016
kuzina:

Lol ,"money is not an issue for me" Wow ,I wish i had your kind of problem....too much money.

1 Like

Re: Moving To Benin Republic by mmhug(m): 3:52am On Sep 04, 2016
how much is the cost self contain in Cotonou now
Re: Moving To Benin Republic by aylagos(m): 12:29pm On Sep 04, 2016
kuzina:
How do I go about getting a resident permit. Is it as simple as filling out a form or are you required to gather lots of documents.
you don't need a resident permit to live in cotonu they are lots of Nigerians there doing biz and have lived in port novo for more than 6month
Re: Moving To Benin Republic by goldedprince: 4:28am On Sep 13, 2016
Whats the present cost of a 2 brdroom flat here and cost of internet and light
Re: Moving To Benin Republic by dejitenaj(m): 8:17am On Dec 21, 2016
aylagos:
you don't need a resident permit to live in cotonu they are lots of Nigerians there doing biz and have lived in port novo for more than 6month

Bro, please do you have any idea on how much a 2 bedroom flat is in port Nova? Price of electricity and internet? I plan on moving there with my family.
Re: Moving To Benin Republic by callymon: 1:22pm On Mar 23, 2017
Alo guy am cally, am a cheff and I prepare babicue,asun,suya, and shawama 4 clubs owners here in 9ja... please am reli considering moving 2 republic of benin and start a new life bcox 9ja present predicament and is reli killing my business, is der a small house like boys quater where I can lent.. and do landlord received agent and agreement and comission and also pay for 2yers straight up from tenant b4 giving out der house.. please I reali need 2 know

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Johannesburg (south Africa) Picture Gallery / Israel Begins Telling African Migrants To Leave / Uber Loses $708 Million In The First Quarter Of 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.