Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Tinubu Reacts As Sanwo-olu Is Declared Winner - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Reacts As Sanwo-olu Is Declared Winner (1367 Views)

“He’s Not My Son” – Tinubu Reacts To Osinbajo’s 2023 Declaration / Tinubu Reacts To Sanwo-Olu's Move To Cancel Pension For Ex Governors & Deputies / Is It Your Headache? - Tinubu Reacts To Bullion Van In His House (photos, Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Reacts As Sanwo-olu Is Declared Winner by lawnreigh(m): 11:07am On Oct 03, 2018
Lagos APC primary: Tinubu reacts as Sanwo-Olu is declared winner
Ifreke Inyang Ifreke Inyang
2 hours ago

The National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, has warned against any plot to destroy the party ahead of the 2019 general elections.

Tinubu was speaking on Tuesday, as his ‘anointed’ candidate, Babajide Sanwo-Olu was announced winner of the Lagos governorship primaries, against the wishes of the National Working Committee (NWC).

Also, incumbent Governor, Akinwunmi Ambode, had opened a can of warns against Sanwo-Olu two days before the election.

However, Tinubu has warned against endangering President Muhammadu Buhari’s chances next year.

He said: “You don’t bring the roof down. You don’t bring the house down. Safeguard the foundation. The exercise you have witnessed today is a prelude; it is good for the general election of the party.

“It is good for Buhari’s endorsement to continue. 1.9 million votes. You don’t see this type of crowd. If the summation today is less than that, there will be disappointment.

“Look at that in the larger picture. If this house that accommodates all of us; we are facing one way. We are supporting the president. If they are changing, I have to abide by that. I have no choice.”

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/dailypost.ng/2018/10/03/lagos-apc-primary-tinubu-reacts-sanwo-olu-declared-winner/amp/
Re: Tinubu Reacts As Sanwo-olu Is Declared Winner by Kwamecron(m): 11:11am On Oct 03, 2018
shocked
Re: Tinubu Reacts As Sanwo-olu Is Declared Winner by dukie25: 11:11am On Oct 03, 2018
Ambode reaction is what matters.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Reacts As Sanwo-olu Is Declared Winner by rukoyah42(f): 11:15am On Oct 03, 2018
Re: Tinubu Reacts As Sanwo-olu Is Declared Winner by Dannyset(m): 11:24am On Oct 03, 2018
dukie25:
Ambode reaction is what matters.
Nah! He is now on his own. Buhari has seen that Tinubu is the heavy weight here. That was why Oshiomole upheld the result.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Reacts As Sanwo-olu Is Declared Winner by BankeSmalls(f): 11:26am On Oct 03, 2018
As long as this man pays 50% of our Lagos state allocations to Tinubo, all is well and good grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Reacts As Sanwo-olu Is Declared Winner by Lushollz(m): 11:27am On Oct 03, 2018
lawnreigh:
Lagos APC primary: Tinubu reacts as Sanwo-Olu is declared winner
Ifreke Inyang Ifreke Inyang
2 hours ago

The National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, has warned against any plot to destroy the party ahead of the 2019 general elections.

Tinubu was speaking on Tuesday, as his ‘anointed’ candidate, Babajide Sanwo-Olu was announced winner of the Lagos governorship primaries, against the wishes of the National Working Committee (NWC).

Also, incumbent Governor, Akinwunmi Ambode, had opened a can of warns against Sanwo-Olu two days before the election.

However, Tinubu has warned against endangering President Muhammadu Buhari’s chances next year.

He said: “You don’t bring the roof down. You don’t bring the house down. Safeguard the foundation. The exercise you have witnessed today is a prelude; it is good for the general election of the party.

“It is good for Buhari’s endorsement to continue. 1.9 million votes. You don’t see this type of crowd. If the summation today is less than that, there will be disappointment.

“Look at that in the larger picture. If this house that accommodates all of us; we are facing one way. We are supporting the president. If they are changing, I have to abide by that. I have no choice.”

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/dailypost.ng/2018/10/03/lagos-apc-primary-tinubu-reacts-sanwo-olu-declared-winner/amp/
Tinubu's new meat
Re: Tinubu Reacts As Sanwo-olu Is Declared Winner by Sniper4real(m): 11:30am On Oct 03, 2018
Jagaban
Re: Tinubu Reacts As Sanwo-olu Is Declared Winner by seunmsg(m): 11:35am On Oct 03, 2018
The leader of leaders, I salute your political dexterity. When I grow up, I want to be a political colossus like you.

And to Akinwumi Ambode, I sincerely wished your party leaders would forgive and give you a second chance. Sadly, that didn't happen. You fought gallantly and lost. Hopefully, lessons had been learnt. This is not the time to fight dirty against members of your political family. You will only end up a political orphan. Rally support for the choice of your party the same way Fashola did for you four year ago even though he was initially against your candidature. At the end, your second chance will come and you will be alright. Be smart.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Reacts As Sanwo-olu Is Declared Winner by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 03, 2018
JAGABAN

My role model.

AD (Alliance For Democracy)'s blood runs in our vein.

We made it as the only opposition party in Nigeria.

Now we are here as part of The ruling party in Nigeria.

If JAGABAN can take us through opposition to Ruling party, I don't see why we shouldn't believe in him politically.

Omo oodua ni mi; Ile Yoruba ni ile mi

Egbe Afenifere ni Egbe mi

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Reacts As Sanwo-olu Is Declared Winner by Nobody: 11:41am On Oct 03, 2018
Dannyset:

Nah! He is now on his own. Buhari has seen that Tinubu is the heavy weight here. That was why Oshiomole upheld the result.
Ambode never had any weight.
He was picked from nowhere to contest. He wasn't given the structure but was shown to the structure.

I might not be a Tinubu supporter but I learnt something from this issue.

If u want to remain relevant as a boss, never reveal your secrets to ur surbordinate no matter how much to like him.

If Tinubu had opened up all his !over to Ambode, he would have been a goner because Ambode would have hijacked it using Abuja influence.

People like Ambode are the reason most bosses are cunning in revealing everything just in case they betray.

I'm neither an Ambode nor Tinubu supporter. In only stating my observation from this brouhaha.

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Reacts As Sanwo-olu Is Declared Winner by dbtt: 11:57am On Oct 03, 2018
kingkakaone:

Ambode never had any weight.
He was picked from nowhere to contest. He wasn't given the structure but was shown to the structure.

I might not be a Tinubu supporter but I learnt something from this issue.

If u want to remain relevant as a boss, never reveal your secrets to ur surbordinate no matter how much to like him.

If Tinubu had opened up all his !over to Ambode, he would have been a goner because Ambode would have hijacked it using Abuja influence.

People like Ambode are the reason most bosses are cunning in revealing everything just in case they betray.

I'm neither an Ambode nor Tinubu supporter. In only stating my observation from this brouhaha.

Gbam! The 49th law of power

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Reacts As Sanwo-olu Is Declared Winner by intruxive(m): 12:03pm On Oct 03, 2018
kiss
Hate him or love him, u cant help to respect the jagaban
He just showed everyone how the yorubas were originally organized during the oyo empire when one king ruled over the entire yoruba race

Even though the king had so much power, there still was an existing structure that could remove a wayward and power drunk king called the oyo messi
The rest of nigeria, welcome to the great yoruba structure we hope u have learn a thing or two
Re: Tinubu Reacts As Sanwo-olu Is Declared Winner by Bukolar1(f): 12:27pm On Oct 03, 2018
The fear of Jagaban for a Lagos APC politician is the beginning of wisdom. How come this man still has the whole of Lagos under his control is just a mystery.

(1) (Reply)

Massive Crowd At The APC Governorship Campaign In Yola, Adamawa. / Atikulate Song.... Come See The Joy On Peoples Face / Final Nail In Onnoghen’s Coffin: $1,716,000 Found In His Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.