Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,087 members, 7,818,260 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

If You Want To Lose A Friend, Do This (screenshots Attached) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / If You Want To Lose A Friend, Do This (screenshots Attached) (1387 Views)

I Killed Two Snakes The Same Day In My Room. Is It Spirituality Attached? (Photo / Snake Nearly Entered A Friend's House / Python Killed A Big Sheep In Aba, Caught By A Friend (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Want To Lose A Friend, Do This (screenshots Attached) by cosmatika(m): 11:42am On Oct 03, 2018
It is said that if you want to lose a friend, lend him money. You will end up losing both the friendship and you money.
It's also a saying that friendship and money is like water and palm oil, the can never miss together.
I ve had times I lent money to friends, some paid back, others didn't. But this two I'm about to share is the most painful to me.

First case is a friend and secondary school classmate who ran to me one early morning in November 2016. He just lost his job, he has a wife and kid. He said he needed 100k to do a business, that he has properties he wants to sell but no buyers at the moment. Promised to pay by Jan 2017. I encouraged him, gave him the money 2days later. Till date, he doesn't take my calls or reply my texts. U ll notice how I'm now introducing myself to him, because the last tym he mistakenly took my call, he was asking me who I am.
Pls someone should advice me hoe to handle this type of person

Re: If You Want To Lose A Friend, Do This (screenshots Attached) by cosmatika(m): 11:54am On Oct 03, 2018
The second case is one guy from my town. We met in d med skl. He recently called me that he got a job somewhere but was asked to pay some money. Said he has been able to raise some and needed part of it from me. I knew him to be someone who's not straight forward, but I didn't want him to say tomorrow that he needed a favour to secure a job, and his own brother didn't help him. I gave him the money. Till this morning, he doesn't pick my calls again.

Pls those who have been in my shoes should advice me on how to go about this and how to subtly say NO to people next time. Thanks

Re: If You Want To Lose A Friend, Do This (screenshots Attached) by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 03, 2018
cosmatika:
It is said that if you want to lose a friend, lend him money. You will end up losing both the friendship and you money.

If you already know a wise saying like this, why then didn't you listen to it? As for me, I'm stealing this quote.

3 Likes

Re: If You Want To Lose A Friend, Do This (screenshots Attached) by Nobody: 1:01pm On Oct 03, 2018
Why not pay him a visit on a Sunday afternoon
Re: If You Want To Lose A Friend, Do This (screenshots Attached) by Kaysalas(m): 1:09pm On Oct 03, 2018
Bro! D tin taya mi O!
I was planning to rent apartment some three yrs ago, a friend i met @ d playing field but who works (claims to work) @ one new gen bank, came to borrow some money from me, giving me SUPER STORY. bottom line, i carry d money give am, till today, i nor dey even see am again. Your guy still dey avoid call, my own go pick call, leave am for air, make i dey follow breeze talk, if i taya, i go cut. Na so, many people be O!
I don resolve never to borrow person money again .

3 Likes

Re: If You Want To Lose A Friend, Do This (screenshots Attached) by tayo60(f): 1:22pm On Oct 03, 2018
Never borrow someone money that you are not ready to lose. In case they don't pay you back, it won't affect you.

1 Like

Re: If You Want To Lose A Friend, Do This (screenshots Attached) by cosmatika(m): 1:48pm On Oct 03, 2018
spacofadan:
Why not pay him a visit on a Sunday afternoon
A friendly visit or "police is ur friend" type of visit? ;DD
Moreover, I dunno where he lives. The last tym I knew, he was living in umuahia but dunno d address

1 Like

Re: If You Want To Lose A Friend, Do This (screenshots Attached) by cosmatika(m): 1:50pm On Oct 03, 2018
Kaysalas:
Bro! D tin taya mi O!
I was planning to rent apartment some three yrs ago, a friend i met @ d playing field but who works (claims to work) @ one new gen bank, came to borrow some money from me, giving me SUPER STORY. bottom line, i carry d money give am, till today, i nor dey even see am again. Your guy still dey avoid call, my own go pick call, leave am for air, make i dey follow breeze talk, if i taya, i go cut. Na so, many people be O!
I don resolve never to borrow person money again .
I've made dat resolution severally, yet u all still see one guy dat all beg u like if u didn't give dem dey all die. As human wey u be, u go sey make u help person. Tym for payment, na u go dey beg

2 Likes

Re: If You Want To Lose A Friend, Do This (screenshots Attached) by cosmatika(m): 1:51pm On Oct 03, 2018
Dudeweedlmao:

If you already know a wise saying like this, why then didn't you listen to it? As for me, I'm stealing this quote.
If u don't give, u ll be termed wicked. The conscience in u will be making u feel like say na Jesus u refuse to help embarassed

1 Like

Re: If You Want To Lose A Friend, Do This (screenshots Attached) by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 03, 2018

3 Likes

Re: If You Want To Lose A Friend, Do This (screenshots Attached) by purem(m): 5:32pm On Oct 03, 2018
Na pezin way geh Moni dey boro na

I can't even say I av eva boro som1 Moni b4 in my whole life

The day I gave my friend 18k to hep me and save in my akant he spent the money and told he has borrowed it. I was very mad and fierce coz I no hr can't repay me back in time or never so I was keeping malice with him (he's my childhood friend and best friend) he was asking people to Kom and beg me but what I keep saying is that I only need my money. to cut it short he later gave me a watch he bought 32k. am still using the watch till now since 2015
Re: If You Want To Lose A Friend, Do This (screenshots Attached) by Nobody: 6:09am On Mar 22, 2019
cosmatika:
If u don't give, u ll be termed wicked. The conscience in u will be making u feel like say na Jesus u refuse to help embarassed
Lol, Sorry Eh! 4 Now, i only lend my sisters money, if they Dont pay back, i Forget it. Of which they have the habit of not paying the complete money. I Dont mind cause they are my sisters but Cant try that with any other person
Re: If You Want To Lose A Friend, Do This (screenshots Attached) by CAPSLOCKED: 2:09pm On Mar 22, 2019
kiss
Re: If You Want To Lose A Friend, Do This (screenshots Attached) by MJBOLT: 2:28pm On Mar 22, 2019
that's why i hardly lend friends money,some friends will expect you to forget the loan,most will never pay back no matter how small the amount is

(1) (Reply)

Top Baner Service In Pune / Nairalist's Ads Are Funny / Technical Engineering Positions At Zte Nigeria Limited Abuja.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.