Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,793 members, 7,810,065 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

Marketing Jobs That Pay On Commission - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Marketing Jobs That Pay On Commission (1182 Views)

10 Categories Of Jobs That Can Decrease Your Life Span / 8 Categories Of Jobs That Can Frustrate The Life Of Nigeria Graduates / TOP 12 Jobs That Would Soon Go On Extinction In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marketing Jobs That Pay On Commission by Nobody: 6:40pm On Apr 05, 2007
I went for an interview for one tellcom company. It was a marketing job and they wanted people to market their products. No allowance for transport or anything. you get 600 naira per phone, 900 for selling twophones. As far as am concerned thats modern day slavery. I am desperate but not that desperate. are there no government regulations against these form of modern day slavery by companies.Some people worked out but i was shocked that some graduates accepted. Haba, if noboby acceps such jobs then they will not offer or they will offer something better. What do u think?
Re: Marketing Jobs That Pay On Commission by Seun(m): 1:32am On Apr 09, 2007
Enemy of progress. So because you are not hardworking, you want others to go to bed hungry? Shame on you!!
Re: Marketing Jobs That Pay On Commission by Nobody: 11:46am On Apr 11, 2007
am a bit shocked at you. Am not saying people should go to bed hungry and am far from lazy. All am saying is that there should be labor laws to guide recuitment and general human resources. The fact that people are desperate does not mean that companies should treat them like slaves. For example a company engaged the services of some enegineers for four years and retrenced them. their pay off was N45,000. haba Seun, lets be human though i know you are entitled to your oppinion, am only suggesting that we should have regulations that determine how foreign companies treat nigerian staff.
Re: Marketing Jobs That Pay On Commission by Seun(m): 10:15pm On Apr 11, 2007
Labor laws favor the employed at the expense of the unemployed, and I think that's wrong.

If I have to choose between earning a pittance and earning nothing, I will rather earn a pittance.

An employer can only be accused of wrongdoing if he breaks an agreement in the employment contract.
And we do not need any special labor laws to deal with that case. We just need a more responsive justice system.
Re: Marketing Jobs That Pay On Commission by Nobody: 6:59pm On Apr 15, 2007
Thanks,thats a better way of making your point.
Re: Marketing Jobs That Pay On Commission by dafidixone(m): 12:52pm On Apr 16, 2007
I think people who search for job need more orientation about jobs.

Are we looking for jobs envougue or where to earn our living? A visionary job seeker is that one that look beyoung getting Job in the banks. Unfortunately, some people have sold themselves into slavery in the name of Banking Job.

You got a choice as a marketer. My question would have been are your taget unealistics or what?

I don't think any labour law could handle your case. Job vacancy is an "Invitation to treat".

(1) (Reply)

Safety / Coventry Vs Staying Back In Naija / Seven Career Mistakes You Need To Stop Making

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.