Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,241 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Ambode Concedes Defeat In Lagos APC Primary - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Concedes Defeat In Lagos APC Primary (893 Views)

Election: ‘Even If Peter Obi Concedes Defeat, We’ll Not Accept’ – Charly Boy / Atiku’s Spokesman, Segun Showunmi Concedes Defeat / Dele Momodu Reacts As Governor Ambode Concedes Defeat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Ambode Concedes Defeat In Lagos APC Primary by OMT18: 11:48am On Oct 03, 2018
Ambode Concedes Defeat In Lagos APC Primary
Oct 3, 2018 | APC
Today, our great party, the All Progressive Congress (APC) had her primary elections in Lagos state, it was a keen contest between myself and my competitor, Mr Jide Sanwo-olu.
As usual in any political competition, especially one where all contestants are ably skilled and qualified, the contest was filled with intrigues and strategies of innumerable moves and counter moves. It was a contest of competitors, not a battle of enemies.
Members of our Party have spoken, they have said loud and clear that at this time, Sanwo-olu is the person they want to represent us all in the forth coming general elections in 2019.
This brings to an end the primary elections. We now have to fuse together as one, to forge ahead in unity of purpose to ensure that our state does not fall into the hands of the other parties whose stock in trade is corruption and/or incompetence.
I would follow in the tradition of our party, and footstep of my great predecessor, Babatunde Raji Fashola, who despite not having his way during the 2015 primaries, still went ahead to give me his 100% support. I would also be at the fore front in the support of my erudite brother, Babajide Sanwo-olu.
I am hereby directing that all Ambode support group structures be collapsed into the Sanwo-olu structure, which i believe would in time also be collapsed into the overall APC campaign structure.
I thank the people of Lagos State for giving me the opportunity to have led in the past 4 years. There have been lessons learnt and insights gained.
I thank the party leaders both at state and federal level, especially Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and President Muhammadu buhari for their leadership roles in the party.
Because "Eko o baje" , that was why "itesiwaju Eko je wa logun", now let's all go out there as one inseparable broom and "Sanwo Eko".
Akinwunmi Ambode
Governor Lagos state

https://www.thenigerianvoice.com/amp/news/271218/ambode-concedes-defeat-in-lagos-apc-primary.html
Re: Ambode Concedes Defeat In Lagos APC Primary by BankeSmalls(f): 11:49am On Oct 03, 2018
I have a funny idea, igbos should craftily start supporting the Nobody called Sanwoolu, that way, the whole afonjas will move and vote a pdp candidate grin
Re: Ambode Concedes Defeat In Lagos APC Primary by ComrDaprince: 11:50am On Oct 03, 2018
This can't be Ambode
Re: Ambode Concedes Defeat In Lagos APC Primary by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 03, 2018
Good for him
Re: Ambode Concedes Defeat In Lagos APC Primary by Mariory(m): 11:53am On Oct 03, 2018
Ambode will suddenly become $hit again in the eyes of a specific set of people. wink
Re: Ambode Concedes Defeat In Lagos APC Primary by Bodexman(m): 11:55am On Oct 03, 2018
ComrDaprince:
This can't be Ambode

You get brain bro.

It was someone else that concocted that statement
Re: Ambode Concedes Defeat In Lagos APC Primary by dasauce(m): 11:56am On Oct 03, 2018
ComrDaprince:
This can't be Ambode

BankeSmalls:
I have a funny idea, igbos should craftily start supporting the Nobody called Sanwoolu, that way, the whole afonjas will move and vote a pdp candidate grin

Bodexman:

You get brain bro.

It was someone else that concocted that statement

Guys...you're so late.. una suppose don resume two months ago... Oja ti burst..

Re: Ambode Concedes Defeat In Lagos APC Primary by Mynd44: 12:04pm On Oct 03, 2018
8. Don't post false information on nairaland

(1)

Oyedepo Was Invited / Why The North Must Vote Atiku / Atiku Abubakar Is The Most Corrupt Politician In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.