Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode (5340 Views)

Photos Of Governor Ambode And Theresa May In Lagos / Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home / Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode by yuvisan: 10:43pm On Oct 03, 2018
My fellow citizen, I understand your pain.I share it.Examples abound.

Our elected officials are horribly unconnected with the people.

They don’t seem to care at all, except probably when election approaches

Even then they will rather use thugs and violence and rigging.

Democracy understood as “EQUALITY, FRATERNITY, LIBERTY” FOR ALL is still elusive

We have merely created CLASSES, RULING CLASSES, POLITICAL GODFATHERS KINGMAKERS,

what have you and the helpless, powerless spectator citizens——-HORRORS IN THE NAME OF Democracy.

One day , hopefully the DIGNITY of every Nigerian will be strongly affirmed and honored.
Re: My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode by Niorte: 11:00pm On Oct 03, 2018
ModsareChevres:

It's just a reflection.
God knows why he let me have that experience.
It was like showing me what would cause his downfall.
Fallacy of hasty generalisation.
How can someone who did not know you snub you? Did you wave to him and expect a wave back?
Did you know what mood he was?

You can only snub someone who you know but don't want to relate with or someone who tries to get your attention.

Someone was inside his car and you said he snub you. Please go get a life.

2 Likes

Re: My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode by kunmiiii: 11:58pm On Oct 03, 2018
OP, kindly upload your birth certificate here....your age seriously needs to be verified...what kind of self indulgent and puerile hearsay is this, even tho I might not really be an Ambode fan, this is just too silly and trifling to make an issue out of, or come to any rational assumption about his character.

1 Like

Re: My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode by kunle75(m): 12:32am On Oct 04, 2018
ModsareChevres:
I know many people will be shocked to read this based on my staunch support for Ambode in the just concluded Lagos APC primary.

I supported Governor Ambode majorly for 3 reasons. The first being my sincere desire to see Lagos become free from the shackles of godfatherism. If Tinubu were in Ambode's shoes, I would have supported him! The second is performance.

All the same, let me share my personal experience with Governor Ambode.

It was in 2016. I was walking along Obafemi Awolowo way towards Allen junction (Ikeja, Lagos) when I heard a convoy approaching.

Behold, it was my beloved Governor Ambode.
I was excited. Not that I wanted any favour from him. I just was just happy to see him in person even if it were for just a moment.
Please pardon me, I like seeing VIPs in person even if I don't talk to or meet them.
I have once seen Tinubu in person. I was happy to though I wasn't close enough to greet him.
The day I saw Pastor Tunde Bakare, I approached and greeted him after his orderly cleared me and he responded warmly. The list is long... cool

So I decided I was going to deliberately look in his (Governor Ambode's) direction as soon as the very vehicle he is seated in, a Range Rover, passes by me. I targeted him.

Then the moment came!

His Range Rover passed. He was seated in the vehicle. I looked in his direction. He looked at me and in a split second took off his face in an extremely snobbish manner that says 'I don't give a damn about you. Get lost!'
I wasn't expecting him to stop and greet me or even wave. But I wasn't expecting the awful snub either.

Wow. I was downcast. But I took it like a man. Of course, I didn't have a choice.
So it's possible Governor Ambode is a very proud person.

This is my first time of sharing this story on and offline.

All in all, I still wanted Governor Ambode to have a second term. I didn't and don't begrudge him, still.

It's unfortunate many Lagosians can't be like me. They just couldn't forgive him.

A battle may have been lost. But there is still a war to be won. And it's not about Ambode.
It's about the ultimate freedom of Lagos.

I feel you bro and can identify with you on this one.
It reminds me of same thing during fashola regime i was standing in front of my office gate on younis bashorun off ajose adeogun at vi 2009 precisely,it was a Saturday afternoon and i must confess it was a day i still relish till today and will forever.
The convoy was quiet and no sirens but he did not only wave at me but rolled down his window to wave back at me,i felt so fulfilled and belonged too.
Morals of my experience is that you will show who you really are when you have power and money.my opinion
Re: My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode by ModsareChevres: 6:44am On Oct 04, 2018
yuvisan:
My fellow citizen, I understand your pain.I share it.Examples abound.

Our elected officials are horribly unconnected with the people.

They don’t seem to care at all, except probably when election approaches

Even then they will rather use thugs and violence and rigging.

Democracy understood as “EQUALITY, FRATERNITY, LIBERTY” FOR ALL is still elusive

We have merely created CLASSES, RULING CLASSES, POLITICAL GODFATHERS KINGMAKERS,

what have you and the helpless, powerless spectator citizens——-HORRORS IN THE NAME OF Democracy.

One day , hopefully the DIGNITY of every Nigerian will be strongly affirmed and honored.

Thank you my brother
Re: My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode by ModsareChevres: 6:47am On Oct 04, 2018
Niorte:

Fallacy of hasty generalisation.
How can someone who did not know you snub you? Did you wave to him and expect a wave back?
Did you know what mood he was?

You can only snub someone who you know but don't want to relate with or someone who tries to get your attention.

Someone was inside his car and you said he snub you. Please go get a life.

As a VIP, you should expect that many people you don't know will know you and want to associate with you.

You need to be open minded and ready to hide your emotions at every point in time.
Re: My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode by ModsareChevres: 7:11am On Oct 04, 2018
kunmiiii:
OP, kindly upload your birth certificate here....your age seriously needs to be verified...what kind of self indulgent and puerile hearsay is this, even tho I might not really be an Ambode fan, this is just too silly and trifling to make an issue out of, or come to any rational assumption about his character.

You needed to be in my shoes.
His current travails brought the ugly incidence back to my memory as I had already forgotten it.
Re: My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode by bencobenz(m): 8:05am On Oct 04, 2018
You saw him snubbing you inside the heavily tinted car? Kwantinu
Re: My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode by ModsareChevres: 8:09am On Oct 04, 2018
bencobenz:
You saw him snubbing you inside the heavily tinted car? Kwantinu

No it wasn't that tinted.
Re: My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode by ADRIAN88(m): 8:35am On Oct 04, 2018
ModsareChevres:
I know many people will be shocked to read this based on my staunch support for Ambode in the just concluded Lagos APC primary.

I supported Governor Ambode majorly for 3 reasons. The first being my sincere desire to see Lagos become free from the shackles of godfatherism. If Tinubu were in Ambode's shoes, I would have supported him! The second is performance.

All the same, let me share my personal experience with Governor Ambode.

It was in 2016. I was walking along Obafemi Awolowo way towards Allen junction (Ikeja, Lagos) when I heard a convoy approaching.

Behold, it was my beloved Governor Ambode.
I was excited. Not that I wanted any favour from him. I just was just happy to see him in person even if it were for just a moment.
Please pardon me, I like seeing VIPs in person even if I don't talk to or meet them.
I have once seen Tinubu in person. I was happy to though I wasn't close enough to greet him.
The day I saw Pastor Tunde Bakare, I approached and greeted him after his orderly cleared me and he responded warmly. The list is long... cool

So I decided I was going to deliberately look in his (Governor Ambode's) direction as soon as the very vehicle he is seated in, a Range Rover, passes by me. I targeted him.

Then the moment came!

His Range Rover passed. He was seated in the vehicle. I looked in his direction. He looked at me and in a split second took off his face in an extremely snobbish manner that says 'I don't give a damn about you. Get lost!'
I wasn't expecting him to stop and greet me or even wave. But I wasn't expecting the awful snub either.

Wow. I was downcast. But I took it like a man. Of course, I didn't have a choice.
So it's possible Governor Ambode is a very proud person.

This is my first time of sharing this story on and offline.

All in all, I still wanted Governor Ambode to have a second term. I didn't and don't begrudge him, still.

It's unfortunate many Lagosians can't be like me. They just couldn't forgive him.

A battle may have been lost. But there is still a war to be won. And it's not about Ambode.
It's about the ultimate freedom of Lagos.

I know how this feels, but you seem like one who takes a lot of things personal in life! Honestly this one incident shouldn't be a benchmark for judgement, and It goes beyond Ambode, you got to change that mindset; nobody owes you shiz in life! Let that sink in.

I once met Desmond Elliot at my previous workplace in 2016, one-on-one encounter. The man (who had just become a legislator) didnt offer the best of receptions to me, but that doesn't make him snubbish, I mean he doesn't even know me, and rightly shouldn't give a fvck about smiling at me or stuff like that, people have enough issues on their plate at different times of the day.

Best bet: Always expect little or nothing from people even though you show them kindness.
Re: My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode by ModsareChevres: 8:42am On Oct 04, 2018
ADRIAN88:

I know how this feels, but you seem like one who takes a lot of things personal in life! Honestly this one incident shouldn't be a benchmark for judgement please, and I goes beyond Ambode, you gotta change that mindset; nobody owes you shiz in life! Let that sink in.
I once met Desmond Elliot at my previous workplace, the man didnt offer the best of receptions to me, but that doesn't make him snubbish, I mean he doesn't even know me, and rightly shouldn't give a fvck about smiling at me or stuff like that, people have enough issues on their plate at different times of the day.

Best bet: Always expect little or nothing from people even though you show them kindness.

See, I stated clearly that I bear no grudge against Ambode and this is my first time of sharing this experience on and offline.
I didn't even tell my wife!
And I am still one of his stauncher supporters here.

I only remembered this incidence when his political travails began and many started labelling him proud and inaccessible.

Sometime in Tinubu's first tenure, he was driven in a very simple convoy and passed by our car. Some people called from afar and he waved at them.
He didn't have to know them.

As a VIP, you must be open to everybody.

I forgave Ambode but many others couldn't.

2 Likes

Re: My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode by ADRIAN88(m): 9:03am On Oct 04, 2018
ModsareChevres:

See, I stated clearly that I bear no grudge against Ambode and this is my first time of sharing this experience on and offline.
I didn't even tell my wife!
And I am still one of his stauncher supporters here.

I only remembered this incidence when his political travails began and many started labelling him proud and inaccessible.

Sometime in Tinubu's first tenure, he was driven in a very simple convoy and passed by our car. Some people called from afar and he waved at them.
He didn't have to know them.

As a VIP, you must be open to everybody.

I forgave Ambode but many others couldn't.

I agreed with everything you said until the "you must be open to everybody", yes! You should be, but it isn't necessarily a must in every circumstance, I have met Tinubu at an important event, He passed through the many commoners who greeted him on arrival, he was governor then, and then breezed to front of the hall where Obas and other senators where seated, and greeted them all, this doesn't mean he cares less or is less open because he Is governor. He just doesn't have to as long as he carries out his job as a governor of the state.
If I am at an event, and I spot Dangote, Otedola and the likes, and I strike a gaze at them, and they both look the other way, I wouldn't be (and no one should really) be too offended, especially for someone like me who only buys Dangote products, & fuels my car only at Forte filling stations. Lol! You get the point.
Re: My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode by ModsareChevres: 9:26am On Oct 04, 2018
ADRIAN88:

I agreed with everything you said until the "you must be open to everybody", yes! You should be, but it isn't necessarily a must in every circumstance, I have met Tinubu at an important event, He passed through the many commoners who greeted him on arrival, he was governor then, and then breezed to front of the hall where Obas and other senators where seated, and greeted them all, this doesn't mean he cares less or is less open because he Is governor. He just doesn't have to as long as he carries out his job as a governor of the state.
If I am at an event, and I spot Dangote, Otedola and the likes, and I strike a gaze at them, and they both look the other way, I wouldn't be (and no one should really) be too offended, especially for someone like me who only buys Dangote products, & fuels my car only at Forte filling stations. Lol! You get the point.

I said though I was downcast, I wasn't offended.
I only reflected on the incident because of his current political travails.

1 Like

Re: My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode by mabea: 9:51am On Oct 04, 2018
ModsareChevres:

Could he ever be held in traffic
What if this guy is a shy type, yeah! and he looks like one
Re: My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode by ModsareChevres: 9:54am On Oct 04, 2018
mabea:
What if this guy is a shy type, yeah! and he looks like one

My sister, I can tell.
What I experienced that day was pure snub.
Re: My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode by mabea: 10:06am On Oct 04, 2018
ModsareChevres:

My sister, I can tell.
What I experienced that day was pure snub.
Na bros i be o. Ehm...did you actually wave at him to draw his attention.
Re: My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode by ModsareChevres: 10:15am On Oct 04, 2018
mabea:
Na bros i be o. Ehm...did you actually wave at him to draw his attention.

Nope. Just a look in his direction and he saw me. He immediately frowned his face and turned the other way.
Re: My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode by mabea: 10:20am On Oct 04, 2018
ModsareChevres:

Nope. Just a look in his direction and he saw me. He immediately frowned his face and turned the other way.
Bros seriously i see no case here.
Re: My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode by ModsareChevres: 10:28am On Oct 04, 2018
mabea:
Bros seriously i see no case here.

If you say so.
I have said severally that I have nothing against him.
I only remembered this incidence when his political travails began.
Re: My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode by columbus007(m): 10:54am On Oct 04, 2018
my brother na so we see am o,maybe you are a thief that could have robbed him who knows undecided
Re: My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode by harley88(m): 10:56am On Oct 04, 2018
This is the most senseless irrational baseless post av ever seen. So you are judging someone bcoz he's facial expression in his car towards you was "allegedly" snubbish.
Stupid nonsense post... mtcheeeeeeeeeew
Re: My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode by ModsareChevres: 11:42am On Oct 04, 2018
columbus007:
my brother na so we see am o,maybe you are a thief that could have robbed him who knows undecided

God forbid!
Re: My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode by ModsareChevres: 11:42am On Oct 04, 2018
harley88:
This is the most senseless irrational baseless post av ever seen. So you are judging someone bcoz he's facial expression in his car towards you was "allegedly" snubbish.
Stupid nonsense post... mtcheeeeeeeeeew

Thank you
Re: My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode by columbus007(m): 1:10pm On Oct 04, 2018
ModsareChevres:

God forbid!
just kidding bro wink
Re: My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode by harley88(m): 3:44pm On Oct 04, 2018
ModsareChevres:

Thank you
My pleasure

(1) (2) (Reply)

Eid-El-Kabir: Gov. Ugwuanyi Congratulates Muslims / Olusegun Aganga Is Edo And Cannot Represent Lagos State / Vips Spent N29.7bn On Chartered Flights In 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.