Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,832 members, 7,817,432 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

Tinubu Flexing Muscles Over Ambode To Send A Message To Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Flexing Muscles Over Ambode To Send A Message To Buhari (1851 Views)

Buhari, Governors May Clash With Tinubu Over Ambode - GuardianNg / Governorship Primaries: APC Leaders Threaten Revolt Against Tinubu Over Ambode / Tinubu Meets Buhari Over Ambode’s Reelection Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Flexing Muscles Over Ambode To Send A Message To Buhari by TylerDurden: 7:18pm On Oct 03, 2018
If there was any such thing as a very loyal Yoruba man loyal to another Yoruba man then Ambode should easily fall into that classification.

Ambode was at one time the Commissioner for Finance under Bola Tinubu's kleptomaniac governorship and on several occasion was picked up by the Ribadu-led EFCC during the Obasanjo administration to shed more light on the massive corruption going on in Alausa.

Through out his several strings and elongated periods of arrest by the EFCC, Ambode never for once snitched on Tinubu despite mounted pressure directly from Aso Rock.

It is important to relate this special relationship which Ambode once had with Tiinubu - same relationship of willing sacrificial and loyal lamb qualities which made Tinubu to solidly throw his weight in supporting for Ambode replacing Fashola. To elaborate how determined Tinubu was in seeing that Ambode ascend to the governorship position, the then out going and two-termed governor (Fashola) had no single say on who was to be his successor - an ignoble and demeaning exit for a governor!

In my personal view, I believe strongly that the fall-out between Ambode and Tinubu isn't merely over godfather monthly payments alone but rather the fact that Buhari was working secretly with Ambode over his re-election bid.

To put this into proper perspective, Tinubu's stronghold of the SW political landscape has seriously been pruned by Buhari. Other than Lagos and Osun, Tinubu exerts little or no political influence in other states in the SW. Ekiti with Fayemi's emergence wasn't as a result of Tinubu but rather Aso Rock's rigging machinery. In Ondo, Buhari worked against the emergence of Tinubu's preferred candidate. Ogun is a no-go area for Tinubu as the current governor (Amosun) has consolidated all party structures within that state under his own control. In Oyo state, Tinubu had never made any solid advance to be considered as a major political broker. Whatever small influence Tinubu exerts in Oyo came about after the power vacuum that preceded the death of the strong man of Ibadan politics, Lamidi Adedibu.

I am very sure Tinubu was privy to Ambode working directly with Buhari towards the latter's re-election bid. Tinubu felt that he must be the only person to be credited with a Buhari win in the SW from where he hopes to negotiate a juicy settlement. Aso Rock must have seen Tinubu's demands for supporting Buhari's re-election as oputrageous and so went directly to Ambode.

This I believe is the only sin Ambode has committed i.e. in usurping the the powers of Tinubu.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Flexing Muscles Over Ambode To Send A Message To Buhari by Delonn(m): 7:21pm On Oct 03, 2018
Lol
Re: Tinubu Flexing Muscles Over Ambode To Send A Message To Buhari by gentleguy1975: 7:24pm On Oct 03, 2018
Power is transient
Re: Tinubu Flexing Muscles Over Ambode To Send A Message To Buhari by Alphafeezay(m): 7:27pm On Oct 03, 2018
Which message?

Buhari will dump Tinubu after 2019.

Buhari will loose 2019 sef.

Na we go send both of them message 2019

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Flexing Muscles Over Ambode To Send A Message To Buhari by TylerDurden: 7:35pm On Oct 03, 2018
Alphafeezay:
Which message?

Buhari will dump Tinubu after 2019.

Buhari will loose 2019 sef.

Na we go send both of them message 2019

Tinubu is really an ignorant fool.

He knows that in election matters only the governors can deliver a state for the presidency.

He is not a governor and thankfully he will never emerge as one again!

Tinubu wants to play the governor's role. Amosun will not share credit with Tinubu after Buhari wins Ogun. So also will Akerodolu or Fayemi. So Tinubu is weary of Aso Rock going through Ambode. This he knows will be used in future to shut him up if he comes demanding for compensation.

With Ambode out of APC governorship race ad his stooge about set to emerge as Governor, Tinubu believes he can take credit for delivering at least Lagos and Osun.

I won't be surprised if Lagos churns out 5million votes for Buhari in the next election as the relatively low votes Buhari garnered in Lagos compared to Kano or Katsina was what the northerners used to shut him up early in the life of this administration when he was running his mouth that he was the one that single-handedly made Buhari president.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Flexing Muscles Over Ambode To Send A Message To Buhari by Ekez(m): 7:39pm On Oct 03, 2018
Ok
Re: Tinubu Flexing Muscles Over Ambode To Send A Message To Buhari by amozo: 7:42pm On Oct 03, 2018
Sharrap
Re: Tinubu Flexing Muscles Over Ambode To Send A Message To Buhari by Alphafeezay(m): 7:43pm On Oct 03, 2018
TylerDurden:

Tinubu is really an ignorant fool.

He knows that in election matters only the governors can deliver a state for the presidency.

He is not a governor and thankfully he will never emerge as one again!

Tinubu wants to play the governor's role. Amosun will not share credit with Tinubu after Buhari wins Ogun. So also will Akerodolu or Fayemi. So Tinubu is weary of Aso Rock going through Ambode. This he knows will be used in future to shut him up if he comes demanding for compensation.

With Ambode out of APC governorship race ad his stooge about set to emerge as Governor, Tinubu believes he can take credit for delivering at least Lagos and Osun.

I won't be surprised if Lagos churns out 5million votes for Buhari in the next election as the relatively low votes Buhari garnered in Lagos compared to Kano or Katsina was what the northerners used to shut him up early in the life of this administration when he was running his mouth that he was the one that single-handedly made Buhari president.

Your analysis is in order!!!

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Flexing Muscles Over Ambode To Send A Message To Buhari by Olaposiwaju: 7:51pm On Oct 03, 2018
TylerDurden:
If there was any such thing as a very loyal Yoruba man loyal to another Yoruba man then Ambode should easily fall into that classification.

Ambode was at one time the Commissioner for Finance under Bola Tinubu's kleptomaniac governorship and on several occasion was picked up by the Ribadu-led EFCC during the Obasanjo administration to shed more light on the massive corruption going on in Alausa.

Through out his several strings and elongated periods of arrest by the EFCC, Ambode never for once snitched on Tinubu despite mounted pressure directly from Aso Rock.

Please let us get the facts straight. Ambode was never a commissioner in Lagos state. He was Permanent Secretary and then Accountant General.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Flexing Muscles Over Ambode To Send A Message To Buhari by AZeD1(m): 7:51pm On Oct 03, 2018
Ambode was never a commissioner in Lagos. When Tinubu was Governor, Ambode was an accountant in a Local government from there to Alausa (auditor).

If you can't get that simple fact, how would what you have written make sense?

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Flexing Muscles Over Ambode To Send A Message To Buhari by TylerDurden: 8:05pm On Oct 03, 2018
AZeD1:
Ambode was never a commissioner in Lagos. When Tinubu was Governor, Ambode was an accountant in a Local government from there to Alausa (auditor).

If you can't get that simple fact, how would what you have written make sense?

And you that refuses to aknowledge the well known and widespread fact that Tinubu isn't a Lagosian nko?

The thread isn't about what capacity Ambode served but if or not Ambode was ever detained by the EFCC.

You can do a grammar check as well while you are looking for ways to discredit my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Flexing Muscles Over Ambode To Send A Message To Buhari by AZeD1(m): 8:26pm On Oct 03, 2018
TylerDurden:

And you that refuses to aknowledge the well known and widespread fact that Tinubu isn't a Lagosian nko?

The thread isn't about what capacity Ambode served but if or not Ambode was ever detained by the EFCC.

You can do a grammar check as well while you are looking for ways to discredit my opinion.

Ambode was never detained by EFCC.
Re: Tinubu Flexing Muscles Over Ambode To Send A Message To Buhari by TylerDurden: 8:30pm On Oct 03, 2018
AZeD1:

Ambode was never detained by EFCC.

I am not getting into this useless pissing contest with you.

I have stated my opinion and I have presented some anectdotes as best as I can recall.

If you have nothing sensible to contribute to refute my assertions being that Tinubu wanted Ambode out so as he can claim to have delivered Lagos for Buhari then please kindly do a spell checker.

Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Flexing Muscles Over Ambode To Send A Message To Buhari by Printerscanner: 8:34pm On Oct 03, 2018
yourstruly123:
Enough ot y this tinubu issue. We all know that tinubu is a goat. Infact all yorubas are foolish and useless. Idiots.

Your forefathers are mad. What an unfortunate child you are.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Flexing Muscles Over Ambode To Send A Message To Buhari by TylerDurden: 10:36pm On Oct 03, 2018
[s]
Printerscanner:

Your forefathers are mad. What an unfortunate child you are.
[/s]

Its about time you Yorubas wake up and realize that the rest of the country are seeing you for what you truly are.

Tinubu's greedy blind ambition will not only lead to his end but will end up pitching you against your lords and masters up north.

As long as you continue to back that tout, the rest of the Nation including your Awusa-Fulani overlords will come and see you as touts!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Flexing Muscles Over Ambode To Send A Message To Buhari by reuben79: 11:17pm On Oct 03, 2018
time will tell

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Flexing Muscles Over Ambode To Send A Message To Buhari by Nobody: 12:23am On Oct 04, 2018
And the conspiracy theories continue
Re: Tinubu Flexing Muscles Over Ambode To Send A Message To Buhari by Nobody: 12:47am On Oct 04, 2018
TylerDurden:

This shows u hate Tinubu.

U don't care if u are right or wrong, all u care about is to show ur hatred for someone that u haven't seen personally not to even talk of offending u.
Re: Tinubu Flexing Muscles Over Ambode To Send A Message To Buhari by ShinnBet: 9:51am On Sep 21, 2020
Edo no be Lagos

(1) (Reply)

APC Removes It's House Of Reps Winner From List (pictures) / Breaking: War In Imo APC As Okorocha, Uzodinma Fights Dirty / Pdp Presidential Campaign Collapse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.