Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,425 members, 7,826,656 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Death Trap: Trailer Conveying An Unbalanced Cargo Container Seen On Road - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Death Trap: Trailer Conveying An Unbalanced Cargo Container Seen On Road (29439 Views)

Potholes On Road In Nigeria Vs In UK (Pictures) / Truck Conveying Excreta Falls On Odo Iyalaro Bridge; Spills Content On Road(pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Death Trap: Trailer Conveying An Unbalanced Cargo Container Seen On Road by Dex4(m): 2:48pm On Oct 04, 2018
All security officers along that route should be penalized to serve as deterrent and the driver arrested.

Govt has gotta do something about these things. Prevention is better than cure!

2 Likes

Re: Death Trap: Trailer Conveying An Unbalanced Cargo Container Seen On Road by BabaO2: 2:53pm On Oct 04, 2018
Where is ambode/latsma?
Re: Death Trap: Trailer Conveying An Unbalanced Cargo Container Seen On Road by tutudesz: 2:56pm On Oct 04, 2018
AutoJoshNG:

All the way from Orile to Western Avenue, this flatbed trailer bearing a container was this way.

As you can see, the container is not well fitted on the trailer and it’s not strapped. This is to tell you that there is no own tie-down devices or locks that attach the container directly on the flatbed trailer.

What is the fate of other road users around this death trap?

A very serious pothole can make this container flip or fall off. Hard braking and weight transfer can throw it off balance and you know the implications. A lot can be seriously injured or even lose their lives.

In as much as the authorities that suppose to put all these in check are not up and doing, we should be mindful of how we put people’s lives at risk.

This can also serve as a warning to other road users; if you see such, please do all you can to give them all the space they need. Ensure you’re no place near them. You might be thinking you can be smart enough to maneuver. Accidents happen so fast.

There are standard procedures meant to be taken before a trailer bearing a container can hit the road. Some of it include inspecting the container; ensuring it’s not overloaded and that it’s properly balanced.

Stay safe out there. Stay focus, be alert and concentrate while driving today no matter how knowledgeable and skillful you are.

https://autojosh.com/death-trap-trailer-unbalanced-cargo-container-road/

I actually parked in front of a similar trailer like this some weeks ago near Mogodo and demanded the driver to end his journey, because the container was moving. O boy see insults from other drivers telling me i was causing hold up. I just enter my car mind my business b4 I chop slap.

4 Likes

Re: Death Trap: Trailer Conveying An Unbalanced Cargo Container Seen On Road by agborichard: 2:56pm On Oct 04, 2018
op is a fool for snapping and posting the picture here, instead of stopping the truck and ordering the driver to do needful or u call relevant authorities

2 Likes

Re: Death Trap: Trailer Conveying An Unbalanced Cargo Container Seen On Road by tutudesz: 2:57pm On Oct 04, 2018
BabaO2:
Where is ambode/latsma?
Nigerians are the problem of Nigerians.
Re: Death Trap: Trailer Conveying An Unbalanced Cargo Container Seen On Road by tutudesz: 2:59pm On Oct 04, 2018
agborichard:
op is a fool for snapping and posting the picture here, instead of stopping the truck and ordering the driver to do needful or u call relevant authorities
I tried doing something similar some weeks back and was insulted by other drivers for causing hold up.
Re: Death Trap: Trailer Conveying An Unbalanced Cargo Container Seen On Road by Horus(m): 3:00pm On Oct 04, 2018
Three persons were crushed to death in Lagos

Re: Death Trap: Trailer Conveying An Unbalanced Cargo Container Seen On Road by Tonimordred(m): 3:26pm On Oct 04, 2018
BonkoINC:
Tragedy waiting to happen.
Naija which way?
yaba left
Re: Death Trap: Trailer Conveying An Unbalanced Cargo Container Seen On Road by emonkey(m): 3:37pm On Oct 04, 2018
AutoJoshNG:

All the way from Orile to Western Avenue, this flatbed trailer bearing a container was this way.

As you can see, the container is not well fitted on the trailer and it’s not strapped. This is to tell you that there is no own tie-down devices or locks that attach the container directly on the flatbed trailer.

A very serious pothole can make this container flip or fall off. Hard braking and weight transfer can throw it off balance and you know the implications. A lot can be seriously injured or even lose their lives.

In as much as the authorities that suppose to put all these in check are not up and doing, we should be mindful of how we put people’s lives at risk.

This can also serve as a warning to other road users; if you see such, please do all you can to give them all the space they need. Ensure you’re no place near them. You might be thinking you can be smart enough to maneuver. Accidents happen so fast.

There are standard procedures meant to be taken before a trailer bearing a container can hit the road. Some of it include inspecting the container; ensuring it’s not overloaded and that it’s properly balanced.

Stay safe out there. Stay focus, be alert and concentrate while driving today no matter how knowledgeable and skillful you are.

People like you only contribute to our problems . When you took the picture why did you not take it with the vehicle plate number visible so that the fellow can be arrested and prosecuted. Of what use now is your alarming report, or all you are looking for is LIKES ? SMH? angry

1 Like

Re: Death Trap: Trailer Conveying An Unbalanced Cargo Container Seen On Road by Originalsly: 3:42pm On Oct 04, 2018
tutudesz:

I actually parked in front of a similar trailer like this some weeks ago near Mogodo and demanded the driver to end his journey, because the container was moving. O boy see insults from other drivers telling me i was causing hold up. I just enter my car mind my business b4 I chop slap.

Bro....I hail you!.....that's exactly what you should've done...stop the truck...end the risk. Others were supposed to join you...instead they turned on you. If the container fell...and caused death...the same people would be wailing.

@ topic...it's good OP bought this to social media....but as I read I wonder how far he was following...but doing nothing. ... was OP somehow hoping it fell and he can have live video?...or pix showing the moment a container fell and crushed 9 people?
We can't depend on the authorities to end this recklessness. .. we need to take matters in our own hands....like stopping the trucks....forcing them off the roadways then loosing out the air from all tyres. ..and if need be.....giving the driver a good beat down. If we all can do that...I can bet my life we will not be seeing or hearing about such carelessness.

1 Like

Re: Death Trap: Trailer Conveying An Unbalanced Cargo Container Seen On Road by jideflash(m): 3:48pm On Oct 04, 2018
How many times i have raised alarms about lagos trucks having NO BACKLIGHTS + THICK SMOKE REDUCING VISIBILITY. No one is Safe, Getting home each day is by God's Grace.. Nigerians when would we learn to fix simple issues and demand proper governance. These are trucks generating profit for the owners and yet cant replace cheap Back lights and adhere to safety codes. And most of them have valid MOT certificate because why would the FRSC and Police keep allowing them to go out to kill Nigerians.

#REFORMFRSC

" He died in the early hours of Sunday 30th September 2018 after his car crashed into a trailer with no backlights, emitting smoke from its exhaust thus reducing visibility. "

http://olisa.tv/celebrity/nigerian-singer-juggernaut-signed-to-seun-kutis-label-is-dead/

1 Like

Re: Death Trap: Trailer Conveying An Unbalanced Cargo Container Seen On Road by tutudesz: 4:19pm On Oct 04, 2018
Originalsly:

Bro....I hail you!.....that's exactly what you should've done...stop the truck...end the risk. Others were supposed to join you...instead they turned on you. If the container fell...and caused death...the same people would be wailing.

@ topic...it's good OP bought this to social media....but as I read I wonder how far he was following...but doing nothing. ... was OP somehow hoping it fell and he can have live video?...or pix showing the moment a container fell and crushed 9 people?
We can't depend on the authorities to end this recklessness. .. we need to take matters in our own hands....like stopping the trucks....forcing them off the roadways then loosing out the air from all tyres. ..and if need be.....giving the driver a good beat down. If we all can do that...I can bet my life we will not be seeing or hearing about such carelessness.
Nigerians have this watin concern me an not my portion attitude to life which is very bad.

1 Like

Re: Death Trap: Trailer Conveying An Unbalanced Cargo Container Seen On Road by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 04, 2018
And nothing will be done untill something bad happens. This is Naija
Re: Death Trap: Trailer Conveying An Unbalanced Cargo Container Seen On Road by BrokenCock: 4:50pm On Oct 04, 2018
Thats why u are writing plenty like this? Person like this op go dey nag him wife/gf

1 Like

Re: Death Trap: Trailer Conveying An Unbalanced Cargo Container Seen On Road by AllHailBiafra(m): 5:10pm On Oct 04, 2018
Fiducia:
sad
Dear lord, we commit our lives into your hands.
May we not die because of the careless attitude of our Leaders, Amen.
Which of the leaders are you referring to' in a clear foolishness and ignorance of a brainless idiot on the road?

1 Like

Re: Death Trap: Trailer Conveying An Unbalanced Cargo Container Seen On Road by AllHailBiafra(m): 5:13pm On Oct 04, 2018
sundaygray:
Someone should arrest the driver!
Someone?

Re: Death Trap: Trailer Conveying An Unbalanced Cargo Container Seen On Road by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 04, 2018
Trump was Right, Nigeria is a shithole full with mud huts, Ignorant cretins and a lifeless president
Re: Death Trap: Trailer Conveying An Unbalanced Cargo Container Seen On Road by kiiingemmy(m): 5:31pm On Oct 04, 2018
Una sha like to dey kill people ehn...

[url=afribaze.com.ng]latest Naija songs[/url]
Re: Death Trap: Trailer Conveying An Unbalanced Cargo Container Seen On Road by akigbemaru: 1:19am On Oct 05, 2018
AutoJoshNG:

Re: Death Trap: Trailer Conveying An Unbalanced Cargo Container Seen On Road by Mizwisdom(f): 8:21am On Oct 05, 2018
You can't even take a picture of the number plate or call FRSC toll free?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Many Boys Pictured Hanging Dangerously On A Danfo Bus In Lagos (Pics, Video) / Amputee Who Does Menial Jobs Fixes A Road In Amassoma, Bayelsa State (Photos) / Japa: Nigerians Lament As Canada Suspends Visa Operations In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.