Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,426 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:11 AM

Shocking Moment Thieves Stole £30,000 Toyota [Video, Photos] - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Shocking Moment Thieves Stole £30,000 Toyota [Video, Photos] (465 Views)

Ritualist Caught With 8 Human Skulls Priced At ₦30,000 Each In Ondo / Shocking Moment Man Agrees To K*ll His Mother For Rituals (Pic/Video) / EFCC Arrests Yahoo Boy In Abuja While Withdrawing £30,000 (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Shocking Moment Thieves Stole £30,000 Toyota [Video, Photos] by antagonist: 2:30pm On Oct 04, 2018
This shocking footage shows just how quickly thieves can steal high-value cars from outside a home - without even needing the key.

Jason Lang, 49, was asleep in the early hours of Wednesday morning when he fell victim to criminals using the 'relay' technique.

A car reversed into his one-way street in Heywood, Rochdale , and stopped outside his driveway.

Two men then got out wearing hoods and gloves and concealing their faces.
One stayed beside Mr Lang's £30,000 Toyota with a transmitter, while the other walked towards his front door waving a relay amplifier.
If the car's fob is close enough, this tricks the locking system into thinking the key is nearby and unlocks the doors.

It's then a simple matter of pressing the start button and driving the car away.

The technique - using relatively cheap gadgets that can be bought online - is swift and silent.

Mr Lang, a property developer, didn't heard a thing and said he only realised his car was gone when he left his front door at 9am for work.

"My first thought was that I must have left it at my business," said Mr Lang.

"But then I thought about it and knew I definitely hadn't.
"So I came in and looked at the CCTV and there it was.
"I'd heard vaguely [of the relay technique] but the thing is - the key was at least 30ft away inside the house.
"It must be a powerful transmitter, I couldn't believe it."

Mr Lang has reported the theft to police and his insurance company.

It is thought the 'relay' theft technique has contributed to a 44 per cent rise in car theft in Greater Manchester in recent years - twice the national average.

Watch the video:

https://bcsecure04-a.akamaihd.net/35/4221396001/201810/25/4221396001_5843914139001_5843913453001.mp4

Source:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/thieves-steal-30000-car-less-15234441

OAM4J Mynd44 Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Africa's Youngest Billionaire Kidnapped / Brave Victim Details S*xual Assault She Was Subjected To By Nigeria Pastor-watch / Notorious Criminal Nabbed In Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.